Meska

Coin Control features

Meska

I love the coin control feature, but it always took me a lot of time to play with it.

My basic usage is (when I'm grouping my wallet to avoid orphans blocks) is :

List Mode => Order by confirm, and took the most new blocks. So the olders may have more chances to stake.

I'm trying to avoid the "Bytes" area to become red.

Also, in Tree Mode, we don't see the *(change)* address, I don't understand exactly what is it, but if I'm guessing right, it's some change from a block who as been splitted for sending (for the fees maybe).

So It's not really a feature request, it's more a post about "how can we get it better".

I will love a "SQL" way to SELECT my blocks.

Or maybe a template I can create...

• Like 1

presstab

An idea I have for coin control is to add a feature "combine blocks" that will select the blocks and have an automated process to send them into the same wallet.

pepto

An idea I have for coin control is to add a feature "combine blocks" that will select the blocks and have an automated process to send them into the same wallet.

I'm CC Confused and presstab speaks to my concern.

CC wiki speaks of combining blocks before 'sending them to my friend'. I know 'my friend' can be me on another wallet.

Thing is, I don't want to send coins to anyone, I just want to combine them into larger blocks to optimize staking.

Is the idea that I need to pay a transaction fee in order to gain this advantage?  I'll gladly pay a fee provided I don't lose value as in coin age. 

Lets say I'm willing to lose 10 days staking time. If I send 15,000 HBN to my friend, will it arrive as 1 (one) big beefy block with heavy stake weight? Am I even close to understanding this? :huh:

presstab

I'm CC Confused and presstab speaks to my concern.

CC wiki speaks of combining blocks before 'sending them to my friend'. I know 'my friend' can be me on another wallet.

Thing is, I don't want to send coins to anyone, I just want to combine them into larger blocks to optimize staking.

Is the idea that I need to pay a transaction fee in order to gain this advantage?  I'll gladly pay a fee provided I don't lose value as in coin age. 

Lets say I'm willing to lose 10 days staking time. If I send 15,000 HBN to my friend, will it arrive as 1 (one) big beefy block with heavy stake weight? Am I even close to understanding this? :huh:

Any transaction will destroy the blocks sent and create one new block for the amount of HBN minus transaction fee. Since the block will be brand new, it will have no coin age.  When considering coin control, you are going to want to send blocks that are young in age to minimize the amount of age that you destroy. I try to time my transaction to occur right after a stake occurs and the age is young. Also it does work to send coins to your own address, but the age will still be destroyed.

Tranz

Although I can understand the want for this, it has disadvantages. Allowing the blocks to split and stake as smaller increments is healthier for the network.  It makes it more difficult for an attacker to gain control, as he is now 1 voice in 1000s rather then 1 voice in hundreds.  So giving the users an easier way to do this, is not the best idea.

• Like 1

presstab

Although I can understand the want for this, it has disadvantages. Allowing the blocks to split and stake as smaller increments is healthier for the network.  It makes it more difficult for an attacker to gain control, as he is now 1 voice in 1000s rather then 1 voice in hundreds.  So giving the users an easier way to do this, is not the best idea.

I hear you on that one.  The health of the network is the number one goal.