unick

Block Explorer

unick

I update from time to time the block explorer with new features. So this thread is to keep track of those updates.

you can find the block explorer here

http://hbn.blockx.info/

Main Features

• Block Explorer
  • API to query the database
  • JavaScript Paper Wallet Generator
  • Rich List (distribution of the wealth)
  • Latest Price (HBN/BTC - BTC/USD - HBN/USD)
  • List of live connections to network nodes
  • List of latest unconfirmed transaction
  • Auto refresh home page (AJAX)
  • Auto refresh "today's" block page (AJAX)
  • Current value of sent HBN in BTC

presstab

The new stuff looks awesome. Once I get some time I am going to start playing around with the api.

presstab

Unick do you mind explaining the difference in calculations for market share and cumulative market share?  Is cumulative the sum of all transactions in the wallet divided by the money supply?

unick

The cumulative market share is the sum of the market shares of 1 to n address.

For instance,

Address at rank 1 has 9.3734 % of total coins in the network

Address at rank 2 has 3.8202 % of total coins in the network

so the cumulative market share at rank 2 is 9.3734 % + 3.8202 % = 13.1936 %

So it' an easy way to see how many coins are held by the top 10 addresses, or top 15, etc.

Interestingly, 20.1125 % of the coins are held by the top 4 addresses (at the time of this write up)

presstab

Ok that makes sense.  Hmm that is an interesting variable to look at to be honest, thanks for adding it.

unick

My pleasure... 

If you ever find/need more stats, please share. 

I'm thinking of new ways to upgrade the functionalities of the site,  so it's appreciated when people contribute ideas  ;)

I think chart would be a nice addition but I'm no chart wizard  :(

For now I'll concentrate on the "boring" raw data and proportions, will also look into adding new currencies pair and make it auto refresh (a bit like blockchain.info).  But that is something new to me too so I'll have to dig up a little bit  ;)

Keeping you guys posted!

presstab

One thing I think would be awesome, but is probably tricky - replicating the coin control screen. For example display the blocks held by a wallet, their confirmations, and their stake weight.

It would be nice not to have to login to my VPS so much to check :)

unick

Right off the bat I'm not sure how this would be implemented, and it would require a deep code rewrite (at least on the Abe part)

but I'm taking notes, Thanks

presstab

Market share calcs aren't working correctly at the moment.

unick

You are right, 

it's because I'm re-syncing the entire block chain and it's using the money supply at the height of the current block it's indexing.

this is also the reason why the last block found is over 12 hours old.

I was more than halfway through and the server crashed corrupting the blk0001.dat file  :(  Had to restart all over!

presstab

Tranz did also include a blk0001.dat zip in his post. Thats what I used because I am impatient :)

unick

yeah the thing is I can't get it from my server since I have to click on the link to get it (no direct link)  this would have been finished if the server didn't crash!

I made checkpoints now so if it fails again, at least I won't have to restart from the beginning!  ;)

EDIT: after more than 26 hours... the block explorer is back to speed!  Next time there's a re-sync, I'll do it on a separate server in order to keep the block explorer running.  I greatly under estimated the time it would take to re-sync the blockchain!

Tranz

yeah the thing is I can't get it from my server since I have to click on the link to get it (no direct link)  this would have been finished if the server didn't crash!

I made checkpoints now so if it fails again, at least I won't have to restart from the beginning!  ;)

EDIT: after more than 26 hours... the block explorer is back to speed!  Next time there's a re-sync, I'll do it on a separate server in order to keep the block explorer running.  I greatly under estimated the time it would take to re-sync the blockchain!

One of the tricks I do is start a second daemon using a different data directory. It requires 2 switches. -datadir=c:\someotherplace -listen=0.

I let the other sync, then shut down the second one. And restart it(just to test the index) Then rename old txleveldb and blk001.dat files and swap in the ones from my other directory. Down time is usually 1 min or less ;)