harview

Any exchange markets you recommend?

Hi! 

Since I didn't see any exchange markets-related posts here, I decided to make one :)

I've recently been reading some bitcoin-related sites and some exchange naimed CoinDeal was mentioned a couple of times. 

From what I see they started only recently. On one hand, maybe it's better to use well-known exchanges, but if this one will offer the same features as others, I might get some more profit from registering there early.

But if early cryptocurrency investors profit greatly now, so maybe it'll be the case with the exchanges as well? What do you think? 

I'd like to invest some money into cryptocurrencies since they seem to be very promising. It'd be nice to get some opinion from more experienced bitcoin fans :)

Thanks a lot!

Paula

There a few options, custodial (or traditional exchanges) are popular but have their drawbacks. I prefer non-custodial exchanges for my transactions, they're quite convenient. Shapeshift is popular. There are also services, like Switchain, that compare rates across exchanges to ensure you get the best deal. No sign up is required for these kinds of exchanges.

@HARVIEW well not only do exchanges get hacked, or seized, or freeze accounts, or disable withdrawals, but even the most reputable exchanges have periods of time where the website is down for whatever reason, access to your funds would be unavailable. this is especially true when trade volume is high, which is when you might need to access your money the most. When price is dropping crazy or rising crazy, maybe you wont be able to touch this money. this is more common than you think.

the only exception for this (to me at least) is when i have something like IOTA, which is complicated to secure custody of, i just read too many horror stories about IOTA disappearing. SO i just leave it on the exchange tbh.. a crypto sin but i don't want to take the risk, ofc this prevents me from holding much of it. 

Posted (edited)

@jacobw I get what you mean.  Thanks for clearing that out for me :)

I understand your fears and they are reasonable. And yet, I've always been a gambler so I'll probably try crypto exchanges anyway.

Probably gonna invest on that CoinDeal though. I like their support, the people there seem professional and they're actually available 24/7. 

Edited by harview

Posted (edited)

Your own purse? Have you developed your wallet? Or I misunderstood you.  And if you keep tokens in the office of the application that you use, and some already remove and translate. So you can divide the risks into two.

Edited by Sebastian_469

19 hours ago, Sebastian_469 said:

Your own purse? Have you developed your wallet? Or I misunderstood you.  And if you keep tokens in the office of the application that you use, and some already remove and translate. So you can divide the risks into two.

There are projects that have already released platforms. You can store tokens in your accounts. If the part is left in the personal account, and the part is already transferred to the wallet, then the risks are minimized. Already registered in the platform SELFLLERY: https://goo.gl/HQzrZq . Got tokens on the account. After the sale of the tokens, you can already exchange them. The part can be stored in a personal platform account.