jringo

Sourcefinder - Delist

A poll has been made. This process is following the proposed process for de-listing a project linked at the bottom of this post.

To put it bluntly, this project does not have the WU availability to be a whitelisted project.  Maybe it will in the future, but for now we are rewarding a few people who do very little work.

For more information, keep an eye out for parejan's WU availability posts.

WU availability for Gridcoin whitelisted projects - 7/Feb/18

Relevant Links

Poll for a Whitelisting Projects Process
Work in Progress Proposal for a De-whitelisting Projects Process

Edited by jringo

Right now, reliability is still very low.  Large amounts of work gets cancelled, fails, runs long, or is otherwise invalid.  No credits given for the work done (which beta testing an app should be considered valid work, even if the result is bad).  Work availability is spotty, even for the small number of computers assigned to the project.

I love the concept of the project, and  hope it stabilizes,  but they should not have been whitelisted in the first place.  They are just not ready.

The project admins also believe the same thing, and have for a while.

Mods:

https://sourcefinder.theskynet.org/duchamp/forum_thread.php?id=269&postid=1245#1245

Project Owner:
https://cryptocurrencytalk.com/topic/83717-duchamp-sourcefinder/?tab=comments#comment-426539

No major amounts of WUs for a while:
https://sourcefinder.theskynet.org/duchamp/forum_thread.php?id=213#688

(He was expecting a few months from July 2017,  but it depended on integration issues overall, which they are still dealing with.)

More discussion about whitelisting vs beta here:
https://sourcefinder.theskynet.org/duchamp/forum_thread.php?id=269

My guess is, shortly after it's delisted, it will be ready for more compute resources.  Murphy's law says so anyway.  :)

And even though there are still 2 weeks before the poll is over, there's a lot of weight  behind delisting.   

At it looks now, this project doesn't need the help that gridcoin can provide. There are plenty of other projects that have large amounts of data that needs to be crunched through and that's where our focus should be on.

I hope that they come back with functional work units. I really think that this research is imperative for space travel. 

Edited by Gridie

Given the forking issues of the last few weeks, I'd like to suggest that this vote expiration be postponed until these bugs in Gridcoin are worked out

9 hours ago, irleylso said:

Given the forking issues of the last few weeks, I'd like to suggest that this vote expiration be postponed until these bugs in Gridcoin are worked out

The project was whitelisted with 6% of the total shares participating, currently the removal vote has a participation rate of 4%.
Hence there is no reason to question the legitimacy of the vote, due to insufficient participation.