offthecuff

DeepOnion - What's it all about

offthecuff

In order to ensure full disclosure, I am a member of the DeepOnion forum and I do hold some of the coin, I do not, however, receive any reward or benefit from people visiting the website from this page. I am just looking to raise awareness about a coin that I believe in and want to promote discussion here about DeepOnion. 

Does has anyone else here had any involvement with DeepOnion or does anyone have any questions? I will try my best to keep this thread up to date with new developments relating to DeepOnion.

DeepOnion is a hybrid cryptocurrency that implements proof of stake (PoS) and the x13 proof of work (PoW) algorithm. DeepOnion implements the TOR protocol and is natively integrated within the TOR[2] (The Onion Router) network ensuring that all peer-to-peer connections are secure and anonymous. DeepOnion’s primary purpose is to protect an individual’s identity and privacy by creating an anonymous, secure, scalable, instantaneous and untraceable payment platform.

image.png.6bbdd3fae6a32965be8fa9526795ed40.png

image.png.42f91e5b00334739a60897f564ad22b5.png

image.png.5ac5f1415f576632cd4c9aaf19ceb765.png

image.png

image.png

DeepOnion Website - https://deeponion.org/

Images used have been taken from the DeepOnion Ann thread on Bitcointalk.

Edited by offthecuff (see edit history)
  • Like 4

LUCKMCFLY

Hello! wow recently I made a small investment in DeepOnion, I really like the privacy coins, this I see a good omen, I really like the concept of this currency, since I see that the graph in the market and can go up, if it goes up I'll have a good benefit I hope it goes up!

• Like 3

offthecuff
21 minutes ago, LUCKMCFLY said:

Hello! wow recently I made a small investment in DeepOnion, I really like the privacy coins, this I see a good omen, I really like the concept of this currency, since I see that the graph in the market and can go up, if it goes up I'll have a good benefit I hope it goes up!

I do think privacy coins in general are going to do well this year, the tighter governments try to regulate crypto the better privacy coins will do. DeepOnion is in a really good position to benefit from this and IMHO is well placed and undervalued at present. I have some funds in PIVX and Verge as well but their market cap is a lot bigger than that of DeepOnion.

DeepOnion has some really important developments coming in the near future, the one I really like is VoteCentral which is an open voting platform built upon blockchain technologies. It will enable the DeepOnion community to vote on the suggested proposals and tasks submitted by community members regarding the future direction of DeepOnion.  

I really like the idea of the community being able to shape the direction of the coin. 

• Like 1

www.xmrcgpu.com

Onioncoin parasites on Onion network just like BitcoinCash parasite on Bitcoin name.

Every single wallet software of Bitcoin or every single altcoin can be set to use 127:0.0.1:9150  (localhost:9150) Proxy (when TOR browser is installed and running).

Doing transactions over Onion network carry the risk of being victim of MITM attack.

Dunno how many  successful attacks were there but nobody who needs extra layer of security (isolate himself from nodes on network through TOR) will brag about his funds being stolen as it's mostly drug money.

• Shitpost 3

angelikip

DeepOnion is an excellent investment opportunity, whoever had invested back in October or even in November has gotten double or triple their invested money back. There are also opportunities to earn $Onions in the official DeepOnion forum. Plus, it's a very interesting project, the coin has various features which ensure anonymous transactions (like the OBFS4 protocol and Meek) and there are more to come from the development team from what I hear.

• Like 2

offthecuff

DeepOnion doesn't parasite off the Onion network at all, it uses it as a platform send anonymous transactions, it's hardly the same as just using somethings name.

Those who require (or simply just want) the extra layer of security can be from all walks of life, I have never once seen DeepOnion condone or promote the use of its currency by criminals. I prefer to use privacy coins because it enables me to hide from others the balance of my wallet. If I were using a non-privacy coin, Bitcoin for example a blockchain explorer could be used to look at different addresses to see where and how many coins were sent. Potentially identifying addresses holding large amounts. This would have the potential to single a high value wallet out to those looking to steal from it. The DeepOnion community is made up of a wide and varied group of people, none of which I have any reason to belive are criminals.

I prefer to keep what I spend my funds on to myself, I am a law-abiding citizen, I make my money legally and pay all taxes that are due on it. What I spend it on is no-ones business but my own. Privacy coins like DeepOnion allow me to do this.

Have you been onto the DeepOnion forum or read the whitepaper? If not I would encourage you to do so, it may answer a lot of your concerns. The whitepaper can be found here https://deeponion.org/

• Like 1

LUCKMCFLY

What I like most about this currency is that if I am in a country with prohibitions I can operate there without any problem and without possibility of tracking.

offthecuff

Yes the work the DeepOnion team has done to add MEEK and ofs4 in the latest wallet is quite impressive. 

ofs4 is a protocol concealment layer for TCP protocols. Its purpose is to prevent third parties from saying on the basis of the message content, which protocol is used.

Meek the protocol hides Tor-specific entries in data packets so that they cannot be detected with Deep Packet Inspection for censors. In the first instance, the data traffic is initially managed by servers of large content delivery networks (CDNs), such as Google's App Engine, Amazon's Cloudfront or Microsoft's Azure. The information for access to the Tor servers is encrypted in the data packets themselves.

Great news for those in countries such as China where there are significant restrictions. 

offthecuff

Just to keep this thread updated on developments, DeepOnion will soon be implementing Stealth addresses. I know that these are not uncommon, however, it is uncommon to use stealth addresses with other innovative features. such as the DeepSend feature, which completely separates it from the competition. Furthermore, these features will be used over the ToR network. Finally, DeepOnion has the ability to complete cryptographic file verification, something that none of the competitors in the privacy space have been successful at.

This is a breakthrough privacy feature that takes privacy in the crypto space to another level because it is utilized in conjunction with the other aforementioned privacy features. This is just another step forward to creating the most private cryptocurrency available.

There is a really good write up that I have used as the basis for this message on DeepOnion, if you would like to learn more have a read here: https://deeponion.org/community/threads/article-deep-onion-stealth-address-implementation.29962/

www.xmrcgpu.com

offthecuff, LUCKMCFLY, angelikip, asdeideas are actually all fresh multiaccounts of dianadsouza promoting her own scamcoin.

• Shitpost 3

offthecuff

Please ignore the troll above, I assure you I am not a multi-account and I am fairly sure cryptocurrencytalk.com can verify this. Happy to provide any details that are needed as well. With regards to looking to promote a scam coin, this is from a guy whose name is actually his own website! Yeh good one. 

Anyway back to the actual thread. Some very good news for DeepOnion today, there has been a vote held over the past week or so for new coins to be listed on Bitindia and DeepOnion won both votes. So that should be another exchange to buy onion from. 

image.png.044b49ce5e8a5946a2af2943f4d250e4.png

Antichrist

I hope soon it will be listed on BitIndia exchange.

India is HUGE

I hold some $onion 😎

• Like 1

Krumklash

DeepOnion is simply amazing!
A young currency that has great characteristics and grows more and more.
I am happy to have known this project and to be part of it all. 😎

• Like 1