"ip" : 
    "difficulty" : 0.30045388,
    "testnet" : false,
    "paytxfee" : 0.00100000,
    "mininput" : 0.00100000,
    "errors" : ""
}

Now going to try and get the gui to build

I was able to get the HoboNickels executable to build properly.  Since I only have SSH with this linux server it doesn't do me a whole lot of good. Does anyone know if it is possible to compile the source from linux but have it build a windows exe?

Yes this is called cross compiling. And I think btc might be doing this specifically to fix an issue with creating a 64 bit windows client. I have not played with cross compiling. But I may have to in the future.

Working on compiling from windows right now rather than cross compiling.  I am getting stuck at this error:

C:/mingw32/bin/../lib/gcc/i686-w64-mingw32/4.8.2/../../../../i686-w64-mingw32/bi
n/ld.exe: cannot find -lboost_system-mgw46-mt-sd-1_54
C:/mingw32/bin/../lib/gcc/i686-w64-mingw32/4.8.2/../../../../i686-w64-mingw32/bi
n/ld.exe: cannot find -lboost_filesystem-mgw46-mt-sd-1_54
n/ld.exe: cannot find -lboost_program_options-mgw46-mt-sd-1_54
n/ld.exe: cannot find -lboost_thread-mgw46-mt-sd-1_54
n/ld.exe: cannot find -lboost_regex-mgw46-mt-sd-1_54
n/ld.exe: cannot find -ldb_cxx
n/ld.exe: cannot find -lboost_regex-mgw48-mt-s-1_55
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile.Release:290: recipe for target 'release\HoboNickels-qt.exe' failed
mingw32-make: *** [release\HoboNickels-qt.exe] Error 1

Think it might be from an outdated line in HoboNickels-qt.pro - line 16
LIBS += -lboost_system-mgw46-mt-sd-1_54 -lboost_filesystem-mgw46-mt-sd-1_54 -lboost_program_options-mgw46-mt-sd-1_54 -lboost_thread-mgw46-mt-sd-1_54 -lboost_regex-mgw46-mt-sd-1_54

I am going to try changing the 54's to 55's and seeing if that fixes the problem.

Edit - same problem but with 55's instead of 54's... see if i can find much on google - I am guessing that boost wasn't installed correctly.

Alright, got passed part of that problem - the mgw46-mt-sd-1_54 should be replaced with mgw48-mt-s-1_55 in each of those occurrences. 

Which brings me to the newest errors to work on

n/ld.exe: cannot find -lboost_regex-mgw48-mt-s-1_55

Alright so I tried the mingw makefile for the daemon to see if I could get around these errors. Here is where I am getting stuck on that makefile

db.a C:/HoboNickels-master/src/leveldb/libmemenv.a
makefile.mingw:128: recipe for target 'HoboNickelsd.exe' failed
mingw32-make: *** [HoboNickelsd.exe] Error 1

Alright so I tried the mingw makefile for the daemon to see if I could get around these errors. Here is where I am getting stuck on that makefile

db.a C:/HoboNickels-master/src/leveldb/libmemenv.a
makefile.mingw:128: recipe for target 'HoboNickelsd.exe' failed

Ok so it seems like for some reason the berkely database version I was using did not come with libdb_cxx.a in it. It seems like makefile.mingw is way out of date - I can tell by the libs that it uses - maybe cxx is changed for the current version. Anyways I compiled an older version and moved cxx into the i686-w64-mingw32/4.8.2/ folder and it got passed that part of the compile now.  I am not quite sure whether or not this will cause any errors though.

As for the "cannot find -lboost_regex-mgw48-mt-s-1_55" error. I used the instructions from https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=149479.0 to build boost. These instructions did not build regex.  So when building boost this needs to be added "--with-regex" and then you will see the correct regex file in /deps/boost_1_55_0/stage/lib

So I am happy I was able to move passed those errors, but of course that only brings me to the newest set of errors to troubleshoot:

C:/hbn2/HoboNickels-master/src/leveldb/libleveldb.a(env_win.o):env_win.cc:(.text+0x1392): undefined reference to `_imp__PathFileExistsW@4'
C:/hbn2/HoboNickels-master/src/leveldb/libleveldb.a(env_win.o):env_win.cc:(.text
+0x2fdd): undefined reference to `_imp__PathFileExistsW@4'
n/ld.exe: C:/hbn2/HoboNickels-master/src/leveldb/libleveldb.a(env_win.o): bad re
loc address 0x6 in section `.text.startup'
makefile.mingw:129: recipe for target 'HoboNickelsd.exe' failed

And the new problems on the QT

./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x21e): undefined reference to `DbEnv::DbEnv(unsigned
 int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x18d6): undefined reference to `DbEnv::close(unsigne
d int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x18f7): undefined reference to `DbEnv::DbEnv(unsigne
d int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x190d): undefined reference to `DbEnv::remove(char c
onst*, unsigned int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x1918): undefined reference to `DbEnv::~DbEnv()'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x1927): undefined reference to `DbEnv::strerror(int)
'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x1947): undefined reference to `DbEnv::~DbEnv()'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x19a6): undefined reference to `DbEnv::~DbEnv()'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x1a40): undefined reference to `DbEnv::~DbEnv()'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x1db9): undefined reference to `DbEnv::set_lg_dir(ch
ar const*)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x1e0b): undefined reference to `DbEnv::set_cachesize
(unsigned int, unsigned int, int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x1e1c): undefined reference to `DbEnv::set_lg_bsize(
unsigned int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x1e2d): undefined reference to `DbEnv::set_lg_max(un
signed int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x1e3e): undefined reference to `DbEnv::set_lk_max_lo
cks(unsigned int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x1e4f): undefined reference to `DbEnv::set_lk_max_ob
jects(unsigned int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x1e89): undefined reference to `DbEnv::set_errfile(_
iobuf*)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x1eb3): undefined reference to `DbEnv::set_flags(uns
igned int, int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x1ecc): undefined reference to `DbEnv::set_flags(uns
igned int, int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x1ee5): undefined reference to `DbEnv::log_set_confi
g(unsigned int, int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x1f09): undefined reference to `DbEnv::open(char con
st*, unsigned int, int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x1fcc): undefined reference to `DbEnv::strerror(int)
'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x23f3): undefined reference to `Db::Db(DbEnv*, unsig
ned int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x2540): undefined reference to `DbMpoolFile::set_fla
gs(unsigned int, int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x280b): undefined reference to `DbEnv::set_cachesize
(unsigned int, unsigned int, int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x281c): undefined reference to `DbEnv::set_lg_bsize(
unsigned int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x282d): undefined reference to `DbEnv::set_lg_max(un
signed int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x283e): undefined reference to `DbEnv::set_lk_max_lo
cks(unsigned int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x284f): undefined reference to `DbEnv::set_lk_max_ob
jects(unsigned int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x2868): undefined reference to `DbEnv::set_flags(uns
igned int, int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x2881): undefined reference to `DbEnv::log_set_confi
g(unsigned int, int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x28a2): undefined reference to `DbEnv::open(char con
st*, unsigned int, int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x2ab2): undefined reference to `Db::Db(DbEnv*, unsig
ned int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x2ada): undefined reference to `Db::verify(char cons
t*, char const*, std::ostream*, unsigned int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x2b2c): undefined reference to `Db::~Db()'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x2bf2): undefined reference to `Db::~Db()'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x2df8): undefined reference to `Db::Db(DbEnv*, unsig
ned int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x2e24): undefined reference to `Db::verify(char cons
t*, char const*, std::ostream*, unsigned int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x2e48): undefined reference to `Db::~Db()'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x3266): undefined reference to `Db::~Db()'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x33ad): undefined reference to `DbTxn::abort()'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x3472): undefined reference to `DbEnv::txn_checkpoin
t(unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x3637): undefined reference to `DbEnv::txn_checkpoin
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x3657): undefined reference to `DbEnv::lsn_reset(cha
r const*, unsigned int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x36e4): undefined reference to `DbEnv::dbremove(DbTx
n*, char const*, char const*, unsigned int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x396e): undefined reference to `Db::Db(DbEnv*, unsig
ned int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x3af1): undefined reference to `Dbt::Dbt()'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x3af9): undefined reference to `Dbt::Dbt()'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x3b27): undefined reference to `Dbc::get(Dbt*, Dbt*,
 unsigned int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x3c24): undefined reference to `Dbt::~Dbt()'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x3c2f): undefined reference to `Dbt::~Dbt()'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x3dae): undefined reference to `Dbt::Dbt(void*, unsi
gned int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x3ddb): undefined reference to `Dbt::Dbt(void*, unsi
gned int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x3e1f): undefined reference to `Dbt::~Dbt()'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x3e2a): undefined reference to `Dbt::~Dbt()'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x3f37): undefined reference to `Dbc::close()'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x4030): undefined reference to `Db::Db(DbEnv*, unsig
ned int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x4052): undefined reference to `Db::remove(char cons
t*, char const*, unsigned int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x406e): undefined reference to `Db::Db(DbEnv*, unsig
ned int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x409b): undefined reference to `Db::rename(char cons
t*, char const*, char const*, unsigned int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x40b1): undefined reference to `Db::~Db()'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x40bc): undefined reference to `Db::~Db()'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x40eb): undefined reference to `Dbc::close()'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x41d4): undefined reference to `Dbt::~Dbt()'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x41e3): undefined reference to `Dbt::~Dbt()'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x423a): undefined reference to `Dbt::~Dbt()'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x424c): undefined reference to `Dbt::~Dbt()'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x42a1): undefined reference to `Db::~Db()'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x42ac): undefined reference to `Db::~Db()'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x43f9): undefined reference to `DbEnv::txn_checkpoin
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x44ba): undefined reference to `DbEnv::lsn_reset(cha
r const*, unsigned int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x4550): undefined reference to `DbEnv::log_archive(c
har***, unsigned int)'
n/ld.exe: ./build\db.o: bad reloc address 0x6c4 in section `.gcc_except_table'

Alright got it to compile - I had deleted two lines from the qt.pro that caused the previous problems. Also other problems were being caused by using the wrong version of gcc.  Now I believe I have on of the libs correctly built and the right version.

I have the exe, but it does not run. Now to figure out why.  My changes to the qt.pro are here https://github.com/presstab/HoboNickels/commit/9e10834d33a08182180ab94cc907ca199b3816e7#diff-ebfcfa46e7082d02fa93ea2e11dafac9

Hmm I am going to have to do some thinking on this one. The boost system is built with mingw so I am guessing that means recompiling boost with a different compiler. Nitrogenetics told me that he had successfully built HoboNickels. I will see if I can get some pointers and if all else fails, I will have to compile with something else. Also I have seen that with some coins it is possible to cross compile from gitian.

I have 2 sets of instructions I can show you. One for QT5. an the other for QT4. Which are you using?

So this just happened..... finally!  With major help from Nitrogenetics.

oK8NJNc.jpg

I did have to use 1.4.0.0 because the latest commits weren't working. I will add them one at a time and keep messing around with the code. Happy day for me.

EDIT - Got everything working now up to 1.4.0.1 - haven't added the latest two commits but those don't seem very significant.