fcode

Are PoS coins usable?

fcode

Just wondering exactly how or if the staked coins are usable.

Say I have 100 normally mined coins, and 50 coins generated via PoS. When I do getbalance I see 100. If I do listaccounts I see all 150. If I try to send 101 coins then I get insufficient funds error.

So, are those 50 generated coins suppose to be usable or do I not understand how this works?

presstab

For some reason the original developer coded in a wait period for PoS generated blocks of something like 30 confirmations. This doesn't make much sense to me because the block contains coins from the PoS and coins that aren't from the PoS.  Anyways, it should just be a short lock period that the coins are labelled "stake".  At least how I understand it.

fcode

They are all labelled "stake" and even the newest ones have over 1000 confirmations.

Maybe it's some sort of bug in the command-line/daemon version.

fcode

Alright, I think I understand. So the listed staked coins aren't really normal coins and getbalance is your actual balance. Yeah, probably listaccounts should not show those staked coins that aren't actually coins.

Tranz

What it shows is what coins when up for stake. Which is fine, but is should also show the reward, or maybe only the reward.

I will try to update this rpc command to better reflect what is going on