Rob Halförd - (Gridcoin)

GRIDCOIN 3 BLOCK DISTRIBUTION POLL

How should be break down Gridcoin III Block Distribution?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for Gridcoin III's Block Distribution Breakdown

• 70% to Research, 15% to Neural Network, 15% to Staker
    • 80% to Resarch, 10% to Neural Network, 10% to Staker
    • 60% to Research, 20% to Neural Network, 20% to Staker
    • 60% to Research, 15% to Neural Network, 25% to Staker
    • 90% to Research, 8% to Neural Network, 2% to Staker
    • 60% to Research, 30% to Neural Network, 10% to Staker

This poll is designed to gather the popular opinion on what our future block payment distribution should be.

The blocks are intended to be 150GRC each, to continue our current production rate of 50,000 GRC for research per day and approximately 36,400 for the ROI component (IE replacing stake interest with fixed rewards) for POSE/Investor ROI.

As a clear example, Gridcoin would emit 576 blocks per day @ 150GRC each.  Let us dive into one single block to see how it would pay based on this poll:

Let us assume the community votes for 80% to research, 10% to the staker, and 10% to the neural network.

The distribution would be:

120 GRC would be held back in the block and allocated to the Research  Superblock (meaning that the superblock would pay 69,120 GRC for research)

15 GRC would be awarded immediately to the staker of the block

15 GRC would be held back for Neural Network ROI payments (to each owner of a neural network node who has posted the proper escrow requirement for leasing a node)

Please Vote!

36 minutes ago, C.M said:

Gridcoin client polls > Forum polls.

Forum polls hold no valid network consensus.

This poll is valuable, as it shows the general feelings of the community are leaning toward a higher research component and a lower NN component.

How can I vote when I don't know what it takes to qualify for the neural networks...

There needs to be an abstain option given this lack of information...

2 hours ago, Frank0051 said:

How can I vote when I don't know what it takes to qualify for the neural networks...

There needs to be an abstain option given this lack of information...

Hi Frank! 

But--Why would it matter?  If its 400K or 40K for a neural node, payments are still 150grc per block and broken down respectfully by 150grc per block.  The 400K or 40K escrow is your cost to Run a neural node and have the privilege of receiving a percentage of the block divided by the number of neural nodes.  

Even though I  feel researchers should receive the lions share (maybe 75% of each block), I do feel its important to have a healthy level of participation for non-research ROI in Gridcoin, to give investors something to "hope" for when they buy in.  So please keep that in mind - those of you that just want to receive the entire block for research.  With no investors around, the price could plummet.

18 hours ago, Rob Halförd - (Gridcoin) said:

Hi Frank! 

But--Why would it matter?  If its 400K or 40K for a neural node, payments are still 150grc per block and broken down respectfully by 150grc per block.  The 400K or 40K escrow is your cost to Run a neural node and have the privilege of receiving a percentage of the block divided by the number of neural nodes.  

Even though I  feel researchers should receive the lions share (maybe 75% of each block), I do feel its important to have a healthy level of participation for non-research ROI in Gridcoin, to give investors something to "hope" for when they buy in.  So please keep that in mind - those of you that just want to receive the entire block for research.  With no investors around, the price could plummet.

It's important because it could be perceived as the return on investment for the opportunity cost of tying up one's coins in escrow. If you have 400K tied up in escrow, you might expect a bit larger portion of the pay-out.

11 minutes ago, Frank0051 said:

It's important because it could be perceived as the return on investment for the opportunity cost of tying up one's coins in escrow. If you have 400K tied up in escrow, you might expect a bit larger portion of the pay-out.

Hi Frank,

I thought the same thing before I wrote the ROI simulator but that proved to me that masternode ROI is a different animal than default minded thinking.  The ROI on a masternode is 24 months whether the GRC price is a tenth of a cent or 1 BTC, and whether the requirement is $1k or $40k.  Its because in the simulation, these values cancel each other out.  Its primarily because the payment is based on the number of live and maintained masternodes.  So when ROI drops to > 24 months, less neural nodes stay leased.  Its a self fulfilling equation that generally means a $1000 investment will take 24 months to pay back.

Anyway its a moot point now as the community does not like masternodes according to their consensus in the wallet :).

It was a fun and exciting adventure and I love you all.

Rob

Posted (edited)

Researchers should have more, they are the core of Gridcoin.

Gridcoin will always survive even without investors. because the people who make this thing happen are crunching right now.

"90% to Research, 8% to Neural Network, 2% to Stake"

Edited by Bazror