alena30

US will end Cryptocurrencies in 2018 - Bitcoin, Ethereum and Ripple are the MAIN TARGETS

Not a confidential information but still if the topic is out it means something is gonna happen.  

Edited by alena30
Din't mentioned the source.

when I saw you claimed ripple was one of the targets I knew what to think.

bitcoin is probably not either since they will soon have the whole blockchain decoded and they really like public ledger systems..

XVG and Monero and others are much more at risk. Ripple is not going away... it is by and for the banking system including IBM.

Edited by Billy055

I am only human responding with the little I know but I think he is wrong. One way to tell is that he says XRP is a target. I can not say if it will be worth 20 cents or a dollar or .00005 cents (it is designed to be very stable if they want it to be) but it could easily be worth over 1,000,000 dollars (probably more than 100 years) and bitcoin simply can not get that high unless they add 4 or 8 more zeros.... 

pretty likely eventually but this is expected  be necessary after 2100 when the block reward will be almost nothing. Look into BTC mining electricty use and keep in mind XRP is designed to use a lot less "resources"; BTC mining is using up about 3 million households of energy at this time. Compare that to 82 billion Visa Transactions take 50,000 households of energy. pretty much instant and painless as well.

Edited by Billy055

@Billy055 Yes, I do agree with you. Even if you talk about bitcoin dominance but that's only related to market popularity but if we pull in some technical points and understand according to the uses or can say "cheap uses" ripple plays a very big role here. When it comes to currency's it is related to finance and then the main sector of finance we know as BANKS haven't accepted bitcoins on maximum level till the date if we talk about exchanges if talk about the transfer of money nationally and even internationally and a lot. The regular payment method used nowadays is swift, as they charge around 18% for every international transaction through their network which is a lot comparative to ripple. I ain't talking that bitcoin isn't good it is but when it comes to adoption it'S very straight that the things which are gonna be easy and cheap and good are gonna be adopted. Though, bitcoin is adopted by maximum number of people on earth but what if all companies accept ripple the first choice of payment what if even banks do the same what if the entire financial system does that, looking at ripple's potential we have to accept it, even so, the bitcoin popularity ONLY exist till the moment one is not selected and if we talk about ripple it is on its way. With respect.   

https://bitcoinsaltcoins.com/10-things-you-need-to-know-about-xrp/

also

a serious problem with The RSA public key / blockchain solution is that the 80 Billions Visa transactions take 50,000 households of energy and currently BTC takes 2.4 Million households. For a Rolls Royce of a transaction it might be okay but it's not looking to be a sane long term solution.

They say the last bitcoin wilk be mined in 2140(!l).

On 14.11.2017 at 10:58 PM, jimsong said:

No government can ever touch Bitcoin, they think they can, but they are up for a rude awakening! Bitcoin is here to stay, period!

Basically, you can't stop an individual from using it if that's his/her desire. That is if the person's not stupid.

A good point. Ripple could possibly I suppose but the decentral nature of bitcoin makes it actually more valuable and useful if outlawed. I guess the most difficult part would be:

No more mega mines, only individuals

and 2: they would have to add 8 more zeros so 1 Satoshi was 100000000 ticks.

Well, if all gov. and Fed really want to "destroy" Bitcoin, it would not allow for listing bitcoin as base instrument

on Chicago Options & Futures Exchange.

This will attract fiat sharks with enormous money involved in derivatives based on Bitcoin.

If one territory ban something, you can use solution like VPN, you can access your crypto based in wallets on other territory.

I think BTC and crypto are not so big problem for gov. ... they only simply hate they do not have list of which BTCs belong to which family name and name.   :D

The government cannot kill cryptocurrency as such because to do so would require outlaw of encryption. They cannot also outlaw blockchain without outlawing programming. So outlawing would require planning just like creation, and they haven't begun to understand the how of creation.