Jimmy

Happy 1st Birthday HBN!

Here's to many more.

01-CHEERS1.jpg

Happy Birthday! - yea I know it's a little late of a reply.

Keep up the good work!

Luposian

I currently have 112 HBN in my wallet.  It just started staking.  Says my weight is currently 111 (and climbing) and I have a 50% chance of producing a stake in 15 days.

50% chance means either I will or I won't, right?  But I gotta wait ANOTHER 14 days to see if I even GET more HBN?

If I buy a ton more HBN... say, 30K more... will that increase my weight?  And, what will my percentage chance be then?

I look at my HBN wallet as a type of bank account... instead of getting 0.08%/qtr., on $1,000 at my local Credit Union (comes out to about $0.80 every 3 months), I could invest into HBN (about the same amount) and be earning about $14/mo in value, assuming my math is correct, based on HBN's current BTC value per coin.

But it's kinda pointless to invest that much into HBN, if my stake time (10 maturing days plus 14 more?) might actually never produce ANY coins at the end of the period.

Any advice/pointers/info?. 

ElTomeko27

Definitely 112 HBN block is very small to stake and it take a long time to sake it if ever. Bigger blocks are gaining weight much faster. Bigger Blocks= Bigger Chance to stake. I own a few 5500 HBN blocks and they are staking easliy after 11 days.

Tranz

The time frame given is just a guess. To put it another way if 100 people had the same weight, and it never changed, 50 of those would stake in 14 days or less, the other 50 would be stake sometime after 14 days.   But every second your wallet is trying to stake, so eventually even just 5 coins can stake.

If you don't stake after 14 days, you now have a 75% chance of staking within and up to the next 14 days, and then after 28 days, you would have a 90% chance the next 14 days.

To answer your question more succinctly, no, your time will not reset.

Tranz

Updated OP with version 1.5 information and cleaned it up a bit.

Guyane

FYI: The http://hobonickels.info/website is down.

Hobonickels bounces back and forth between 'lots of problems' and 'near perfection'.

First it was a cool coin.

Then it was garbage.

Then it was supercool.

Then in the dump again.

on and on

The website now is perhaps the best coin website out there. At least the top 2%. AND NOW THE WEBSITE CRASHES. oh well.

The big problem that limits the coin is the heavy blockchain. I've sent a bunch of people to hbn but some are impatient and prefer the newer coins with faster blockchain downloads and syncs.

Still one of the best long term coins with a reliable stable team.

Tranz

The site is down while I am taking it over. I have control over the domain now, and I will have the site back up and running this week.

Everything else with HBN is in great shape. The price comes and goes.

The OP contains both a blk0001.dat and the index file. For new users this can speed up sync time quite a bit.

Edit: Website is mostly back up now. I'll continue to get the pieces up and running.

Luposian

Looking at Coinmarketcap's site, HBN saw a MASSIVE rise early this year (53,410 Satoshi each!) and now is back to about where it started.  When a coin does that... is it likely that was a flash in the pan and that type of rise may never happen again and what we're seeing is the "normalized" (stable value) price for the coin?  What places/people/sites accept HBN?  Does ithave any value other than it's BTC Satoshi value?

I like knowing I can get "interest" (i.e. free coins), just by holding HBN in my wallet, but if the value keeps falling, what use is having hundreds of coins every 10 days, if, say, HBN were only worth 1 Satoshi (admittedly worst case scenario)?  Unless I can spend those coins somewhere for some value of their own and not "other coin value"?

I relish the day when crypto-currency will have it's own value, to buy/sell with, instead of comparitive value with either BTC or USD, hence why I'm asking where HBN can be spent.

Also, lets say I buy the optimal block (number of coins) of HBN and transfer them to my wallet... and get the optimal number of coins for a stake every ten days.  If I buy a second block of HBN (same amount) and transfer those to my wallet, will I get essentially double the number of coins I got previously (i.e. if 250 HBN for the previous block, now it would be two stakes of 250 HBN, thus 500 HBN total)?  Also are the coins earned as part of a stake (say 150 HBN), do those 150 HBN become their own block and you earn coins based on those 150 HBN, or do you only gain coins based on the original block(s) placed into the wallet?

Just trying to make sense of everything...

Edited by Luposian (see edit history)

Guyane

@Luposian

Your'flash in the pan' comment is weak. Cryptocurrency has been at its current level for only about 2 years. But even in that time it should be evident that volatility rules.

Your interest in who or what accepts hbn likewise. A lot of coins create phony markets for their currencies, squeegies that you can buy with squeegycoin, etc. Hbn has done that a little. That is a silly game meant only to attract overanalytical people. The cryptoeconomy develops in predictable stages. Phony markets is not one of those stages. Real markets for digital currencies will develop out of practicalities. One of the biggest early boosts for bitcoin was when very low income people could make 25% of minimum wage by doing online work which paid btc. The final huge step will be when a coin or algorithm is developed which can only be mined by an individual and in which no individual has advantage over another. It will be the colt .45 of the digital frontier and no other algorithm will beat it.

Right now all cryptocurrencies added together are barely worth usd 10b or so. In other words about nothing. There will always be at a minimum thousands of coins with multi million usd caps at todays usd value. Even when a sustainable algorithm is developed, people will still have preferences and want to make political statements through their choice of currency. So the tricky thing right now is to choose coins with low market caps that have stable devs and which are likely to adapt well to major changes.

Trying to find a coin today based on whether you can shop at Sears with it really is poorly thought out. Bitcoin has some utility today, but a market cap of 5b or whatever it is. Hbn has much less utility but a market cap of 100 or 200k or whatever it is. You can easily predict that a core part of the cryptocurrency economy will be the exchange of coins. In fact exchanges will probably be more important than coins. So whichever coin you buy will be useable once this economy develops. It will be as easy to spend one coin as any other. But if you buy the wrong coin you will have to spend it quickly.

The staking question I don't know anything about but the last time I staked it took so long for the wallet to sync that until the coin is speeded up I only plan to sync a few times a year.