NEWS
  • WELCOME TO CRYPTOCURRENCYTALK!
  • We've upgraded the website with a lot of new features!
  • 3 NEW THEMES! Click on the + Themes button above!
  • Notice about SOCIAL LINKS: UPDATE YOUR SOCIAL LINKS
  • New video section, add your videos: VIDEO SECTION
  • Advertising will be available shortly, hold tight.
  • If you have any issues with the new site, please submit a support ticket: SUPPORT

Hey DevGlad this was noticed and being worked on. Seems to be minor and already back on track but it appears you will do some sort of code patch and release another updated client? Any eta?Cryptsy has suspended trading of HBN due to this but will be back on as soon as you confirm fix and/or release updated client..looking forward to be back on track..unfortunately the trading value took a MAJOR hit recently but hoping it can rebound somewhat once fixed.Thanks

Yes 1.2.1 is currently in testing. I expect to release it today or tomorrow.  This will also include other issues I have worked on and MW2 (multi-wallet) support..I 'll post full details as soon as it is available.

As far as the value,, it shouldn't be too bad of a hit. When it was suspended at cryptys it was .000013, it is at .000011 at coin-ex so, not too bad.

Yes 1.2.1 is currently in testing. I expect to release it today or tomorrow.  This will also include other issues I have worked on and MW2 (multi-wallet) support..I 'll post full details as soon as it is available. As far as the value,, it shouldn't be too bad of a hit. When it was suspended at cryptys it was .000013, it is at .000011 at coin-ex so, not too bad.

Well..as of VERY recently, sure..not too much more loss but it was already way down..just 1-3 months ago was trading in 0.0001-0.00015 range...TEN times more then what it has bottomed out too...that's all I was saying...I guess primarily due to heavy loss in network hash rates...but heck even back to 0.00003-0.00005 range would be sweet...only time will tell..BTW the name is still my all time favourite of all crypto coins! "Hobo Nickel" LOL..hilarious!.. Oh and the coin programming/code and specs are great too...based off the CAPs framework which is one of the BEST out there...albeit it has had much unfortunate issues lately that has hurt it..but the design is great..Anyways..await the release..keep up the good work!Been stock piling a ton recently..just yesterday had to move some rigs off temporarily but have easily had 40+% of the mining hash rate as of late and at the extremely low difficulty, getting heavy return...but no worries I will NOT be cashing out all my stockpile as soon as back on (Cryptsy) exchange further driving value down...maybe 20% sell off or so..only minor sale at Coinex (only place still trading) as the 0.0000099 rate is too looow.Take care

Well..as of VERY recently, sure..not too much more loss but it was already way down..just 1-3 months ago was trading in 0.0001-0.00015 range...TEN times more then what it has bottomed out too...that's all I was saying...I guess primarily due to heavy loss in network hash rates...but heck even back to 0.00003-0.00005 range would be sweet...only time will tell..BTW the name is still my all time favourite of all crypto coins! "Hobo Nickel" LOL..hilarious!.. Oh and the coin programming/code and specs are great too...based off the CAPs framework which is one of the BEST out there...albeit it has had much unfortunate issues lately that has hurt it..but the design is great..Anyways..await the release..keep up the good work!Been stock piling a ton recently..just yesterday had to move some rigs off temporarily but have easily had 40+% of the mining hash rate as of late and at the extremely low difficulty, getting heavy return...but no worries I will NOT be cashing out all my stockpile as soon as back on (Cryptsy) exchange further driving value down...maybe 20% sell off or so..only minor sale at Coinex (only place still trading) as the 0.0000099 rate is too looow.Take care

Agreed few things made the price so high. It was new, btc was lower and even then there were less alts.  I'd personally like the see the coin at .05 USD!  Which would be .00025 at btc 200.

I think people will be happy with the update. I have things ready on my end. just need to get the pull release into the official repo and we are good to go!

Version 1.2.1 is now ready!

Win-QT: https://github.com/Tranz5/HoboNickels/releases/tag/1.2.1

Source: https://github.com/ahmedbodi/HoboNickels
Temp Source: https://github.com/Tranz5/HoboNickels (waiting on PR from ahmed)

What is new?:
- Added stakeweight, stakeinterest, netmhashps, netstakeweight to getmininginfo.
- Added RPC Commands listwallets, loadwallet, unloadwallet, and usewallets. For use in Multi-Wallets.
- Moved newmint, and stake to listwallets.
- Changed init so each wallet will get its own thread for staking
- Added drop down for wallets in QT. Not yet functional. Let me know if you like this method for switching wallets.
- Added Debug Window to toolbar.
- Changed Toolbar Icons to be more hobo like. I don't like the transactions one yet, anyone have a better idea?
- Added  Bool Arg -printstakechecksum for ease in updating Stakepoints.
- Added code to mitigate stuck block which cause chain rollback.
- Updated Checkpoints.
- Updated Stakepoints.
- Fixed a few typos.
- Changed PROTOCOL +1 version, so we can see if people are running old version.

Important Information:
- You must re-download the block chain upon upgrade. So please remove the ( blk0001.dat, blkindex.dat and database directory) from %appdata%. Prior to starting 1.2.1.  Try to do this in a orderly fashion. IE wait for only 1 peer to be at lower block(getpeerinfo)
- Please be sure to backup all wallets that contain coins. I do not wish anyone to lose coins, due to bugs or misuse.
- Self compilers will need new boost library -regex. See build info.
- Please upgrade ASAP!

Multi-Wallet Information:
RPC Methods:
-listwallets
   -Shows all loaded wallet information

-usewallet <wallet> <method> [params]
   -Use wallet commands on different wallets
   -Example: usewallet HoboOfflineWallet1 sendtoaddress F4ATvAfwcE5RFn358FS1bxauwoB7Ces7KN 100

-loadwallet <walletname> [rescan=false] [upgradewallet=false] [maxversion=(latest)]
   -Loads a wallet found in the %appdata% directory. If no wallet by the name is found, one is created.

-unloadwallet <walletname>
   -Unloads a wallet.

Config and Command line arguments:
- You may use the config line usewallets=walletname or the command line -usewallet=walletname
- This will load only the wallets you specify. If you do not use either of these, than all wallets in the %appdata% dir named wallet-*.dat will be loaded.  If you specify usewallet="" than only the default wallet will be loaded.

- You may also prevent a certain wallet from loading at start up by using the argument -nousewallet

Staking:
- At time of start up all wallets listed in usewallets or all found in %appdata% will each get a thread to start stake.  This should help with CPU exhaustion.
- When stake is mined on sub-wallets it will not be shown in the gui, but can be seen with listwallets.
- If you specify usewallet="" than only the default wallet will be loaded and up for stake.

- All wallets specified by -nousewallet will not be up for stake.

Bugs:
- The GUI is drop down is not working. Not really a bug but just not completed yet. It put it there so I can get feedback on if people like this idea.
- If a wallet is loaded at start-up, the unloadwallet will cause a hard crash. This is due to the thread starting up the stake, but never getting shutdown. This will be fixed in upcoming release.
- If a wallet is loaded after start-up with loadwallet it will not be up for stake. It can be unloaded safely though.  This will be fixed in upcoming release.

Bonus:
- All merchants, pools, exchanges, ect that upgrade by Halloween are eligible for a 100 HBN reward, as a way of saying thanks! Just Post here when complete.
- Everyone else that upgrades in the same time period will receive 10 HBN. Please just say something you like or don't like about the upgraded wallet.

Future Upgrade Path:
- Complete MW2 Gui and staking/mining
- Add in Advanced Coin Control with MW2 support
- Add in transactional messaging.
- Upgrade to newest btc and ppc/nvc code.
- Add in Stake for Charity
- Create new GUI front end for Charities. HBN Hope Building Network?  More clean professional.
- ?

Hopefully everyone enjoys the new features and we are back on Cryptsys.  Sorry this is a bit rushed. I wanted to get further along before it was released, but well...  

If you have any ideas or problems. Let me know.

Agreed few things made the price so high. It was new, btc was lower and even then there were less alts. I'd personally like the see the coin at .05 USD! Which would be .00025 at btc 200.I think people will be happy with the update. I have things ready on my end. just need to get the pull release into the official repo and we are good to go!

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I too would love to see the price and value at that higher amount of course and believe it should be.Otherwise, after this updated release (within a day or two?) do you anticipate seeing the exchange opened back up on Cryptsy very shortly after?edit...just noticed right after the post that you released already! awesome....And furthermore I just noticed that its already trading back on Cryptsy..nice!

Hi there,
I just finished to download the block chain and I get the error ("WARNING: Checkpoint is too old. Redownload Blockchain. If warning persist contact the Development Team"):
=========================
{
"blocks" : 274759,
"currentblocksize" : 1000,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 0.08147147,
"errors" : "WARNING: Checkpoint is too old. Redownload Blockchain. If warning persist contact the Development Team",
"netmhashps" : 10.60355473,
"netstakeweight" : 27962,
"generate" : false,
"genproclimit" : -1,
"hashespersec" : 0,
"stakeweight" : 0,
"stakeinterest" : 0,
"pooledtx" : 0,
"testnet" : false
}

The Client Version is:

{
"version" : "v1.2.1.0-g60c7bb3-hobo",
"protocolversion" : 60007,
"blocks" : 274770,
"moneysupply" : 1330443.92887400,
"connections" : 8,
"wallets" : 1,
"proxy" : "",
"ip" : "xx.xx.xx.xx",
"difficulty" : 0.08222225,
"testnet" : false,
"paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
"errors" : "WARNING: Checkpoint is too old. Redownload Blockchain. If warning persist contact the Development Team"
}

What I'm doing wrong??
Can somebody let me know ;)

BTW:
I like very much the IDEA to perpetrate an history fact into a new thing as crypto currency.
It's the first time I heard abut that kind of art, really nice and original ;)

Developer of CCP Commercial Coins:

===========================================
PIC - PizzaCoin # HAC - HamburgerCoin # HDC - HotDogCoin # TEL - PhoneCoin # BEER - BeerCoin # LADY - LadyCoin # MIC - MusicCoin # CIC - CinemaCoin # VDC - VodkaCoin # 

COLA - ColaCoin # SHOP - ShopCoin # IND - IndustryCoin # PAS - PastaCoin # OIL - OilCoin # TEU - ContainerCoin # FISH - FishCoin # WWW - InternetCoin # BIZ - BusinessCoin # 

PIG - PigCoin # PARTY - PartyCoin # SOFT - SoftwareCoin # HOME - HomeCoin # HOTEL - HotelCoin # LAT - LatinoCoin # AERO - PlaneCoin # ALU - AluminiumCoin # CU - CopperCoin ...

Hi there,

I just finished to download the block chain and I get the error ("WARNING: Checkpoint is too old. Redownload Blockchain. If warning persist contact the Development Team"):

=========================

{

"blocks" : 274759,

"currentblocksize" : 1000,

"currentblocktx" : 0,

"difficulty" : 0.08147147,

"errors" : "WARNING: Checkpoint is too old. Redownload Blockchain. If warning persist contact the Development Team",

"netmhashps" : 10.60355473,

"netstakeweight" : 27962,

"generate" : false,

"genproclimit" : -1,

"hashespersec" : 0,

"stakeweight" : 0,

"stakeinterest" : 0,

"pooledtx" : 0,

"testnet" : false

}

The Client Version is:

{

"version" : "v1.2.1.0-g60c7bb3-hobo",

"protocolversion" : 60007,

"blocks" : 274770,

"moneysupply" : 1330443.92887400,

"connections" : 8,

"wallets" : 1,

"proxy" : "",

"ip" : "xx.xx.xx.xx",

"difficulty" : 0.08222225,

"testnet" : false,

"paytxfee" : 0.00000000,

"errors" : "WARNING: Checkpoint is too old. Redownload Blockchain. If warning persist contact the Development Team"

}

What I'm doing wrong??

Can somebody let me know ;)

BTW:

I like very much the IDEA to perpetrate an history fact into a new thing as crypto currency.

It's the first time I heard abut that kind of art, really nice and original ;)

Hmm I'm not sure. I did it on 2 of my machines, no problems. I am testing a 3rd now. You did remove the 3 pieces of data as requested in the "Important Information" section?

I wouldn't worry about it too much. As long as you stay at the highest chain you are in good shape.

Downloading blockchain now. So far, so good.

Ej7vs7doqoU13W5yE6d9vccRMd9gBbNmAF

Sent. Is there anything you like or dislike about the new wallet, and functionality?

First time user, so nothing to compare too - sorry. I like the idea of multiple wallets and simplifying management of them. I love the name! Keep up the good work.

I am having a problem where I cannot seem to unlock my encrypted wallet so it can mint. I usually use the walletpassphrase method, but it appears to be missing.

Got 'em. Thanks again.

First time user, so nothing to compare too - sorry. I like the idea of multiple wallets and simplifying management of them. I love the name! Keep up the good work.

I am having a problem where I cannot seem to unlock my encrypted wallet so it can mint. I usually use the walletpassphrase method, but it appears to be missing.

Got 'em. Thanks again.

I have a fix pack for next week. I'll add this to the list.

I have a fix pack for next week. I'll add this to the list.

Some of it is ready now.

Version 1.2.1.2 completed tonight.   Executable available if someone wants it. - Fixed the unloadwallet bug. If a wallet is unloaded and removed the thread for staking will be die gracefully. Created new fStopMining bool. Could be used as an rpccommand to halt all mining. - Added some missing rpccommands. walletpassphrase, walletlock, walletpassphrasechange and encryptwallet(although that caused a crash with usewallets(not sure why yet), but it did encrypt the wallet).- loadwallet bug to start staking on an offline wallet almost complete.

Some of it is ready now.

Version 1.2.1.2 completed tonight.   Executable available if someone wants it. - Fixed the unloadwallet bug. If a wallet is unloaded and removed the thread for staking will be die gracefully. Created new fStopMining bool. Could be used as an rpccommand to halt all mining. - Added some missing rpccommands. walletpassphrase, walletlock, walletpassphrasechange and encryptwallet(although that caused a crash with usewallets(not sure why yet), but it did encrypt the wallet).- loadwallet bug to start staking on an offline wallet almost complete.

Version 1.2.1.2 completed tonight. Executable available if someone wants it. - Fixed the unloadwallet bug. If a wallet is unloaded and removed the thread for staking will be die gracefully. Created new fStopMining bool. Could be used as an rpccommand to halt all mining. - Added some missing rpccommands. walletpassphrase, walletlock, walletpassphrasechange and encryptwallet(although that caused a crash with usewallets(not sure why yet), but it did encrypt the wallet).- loadwallet bug to start staking on an offline wallet almost complete.
Included in 1.2.1.2- Fixed the loadwallet bug. You can now copy any wallet into the %appdata% directory and it will start running stake with just a few simple commands.
loadwallet offlineWallet1
If it is encrypted just run the following command.
usewallet offlineWallet1 walletpassphrase mybadpasswordhere 9999999
then listwallets will show something like this.

{"" : {"balance" : 900.00000000,"encrypted" : false,"walletversion" : 60000,"keypoolsize" : 103,"keypoololdest" : 1382915576,"newmint" : 0.00000000,"stake" : 0.00000000},"4kHBN" : {"balance" : 4570.67711200,"encrypted" : false,"walletversion" : 60000,"keypoolsize" : 102,"keypoololdest" : 1380315365,"newmint" : 0.00000000,"stake" : 5.02299800},"offlineWallet1" : {"balance" : 15.00000000,"encrypted" : true,"unlocked_until" : 1384996515,"unlocked_until_pretty" : "2013-11-21 01:15:15 (UTC)","walletversion" : 60000,"keypoolsize" : 101,"keypoololdest" : 1382924536,"newmint" : 0.00000000,"stake" : 0.00000000}}
After is stake to your satisfaction you can simply unload the wallet and remove it from the directory.
unloadwallet offlineWallet1

Hi HoboNickels Developer ;)=================

Hmm I'm not sure. I did it on 2 of my machines, no problems. I am testing a 3rd now. You did remove the 3 pieces of data as requested in the "Important Information" section?

I wouldn't worry about it too much. As long as you stay at the highest chain you are in good shape.

=================

You was right about the Important Information Section.

I deleted the folder and the files and redownload the new OK chain. ;)

No more error message :)

As Newbie I'm not a shamed to ask you a second question and more in precise the SOLO MINING stuff :)

What about, well I can't connect 2 miners to my Laptop and even CGMiner on board of the 2 miners can't connect/authenticate in localhost.

The password is something as 1234 coin3 so I can't missed to type such basic string.

This is my HOBO config maybe I'm doing something wrong in here ;)

--------------------------

#rescan=1listen=1daemon=1server=1rpcuser=coinrpcpassword=passport=7372rpcport=7373rpcconnect=127.0.0.1rpcallowip=192.168.0.150rpcallowip=192.168.0.151addnode=69.85.86.195addnode=74.196.48.62

-------------------------- 

Can you be so kind to spend a minute to let me understand what is the problem and how to solve it?

Thank you in advance ;)

Mr.Hobo aka VGold

FOOTER:

------------------------------------------------

In case of a donation ... well, here are the right addresses ;)

EsTRoWsNPpwnmMioEQBefqmf7XhgJJnR4Z

Evwb8KN7k5K263rm2pZBCmq6e8imRPN3NF

PIC - PizzaCoin # HAC - HamburgerCoin # HDC - HotDogCoin # TEL - PhoneCoin # BEER - BeerCoin # LADY - LadyCoin # MIC - MusicCoin # CIC - CinemaCoin # VDC - VodkaCoin # 

COLA - ColaCoin # SHOP - ShopCoin # IND - IndustryCoin # PAS - PastaCoin # OIL - OilCoin # TEU - ContainerCoin # FISH - FishCoin # WWW - InternetCoin # BIZ - BusinessCoin # 

PIG - PigCoin # PARTY - PartyCoin # SOFT - SoftwareCoin # HOME - HomeCoin # HOTEL - HotelCoin # LAT - LatinoCoin # AERO - PlaneCoin # ALU - AluminiumCoin # CU - CopperCoin ...

Hi DEV ;)

you ask for ideas, ok. ;)

A daemon would be GREAT, a daemon for a pro is a must, a mere necessity, personally I like to look the logs passing :).

The client that I have is loading really slow, about 5 minutes of loading, I'll try with others machines, and let you know.

The button for the "Debug Window" is nice and usefull, I'll add olso on the right of that a new button for the "Console" access.

Sorry, I know you will hate me but, the train is not the best choice for the overview button in my opinion :). LOL

The standard buttons are just fine, in case you need some really pro design icons you could rise up a donation to pay somebody to made tham specific for the Hobo wallet, maybe using the real hobo coins as design base :)Taking in consideration that ther is olso a wikipedia page talking about hobo nikel art I'll put olso a link or a menu link that point to that cool stuff and  page, just to make people know about that nice and cool stuff :).

What about the solo mining, a private and very personal mining that in some wallets I see and in some cases used successfuly.

The RPC connections for localhost mining are a problem, I know people mine around with that client but I can't, is ther's a trick fo use??

I'm impatient to see that stake rising and the ability to manage more than one saving wallets :)

I personally believe that Hoboz will be one of the most interesting crypto currencies out there thanks to that stake stuff in my opinion.Olso the prices on exchanges are midely high, 1100BTC Cents for a  HOBO thanks olso to proverbial low/modest reward, low reward coins have proven to be good and secure investment.

Hope you find someting useful from all that.

Just continue the actual great job and tempo :)