ice00

ODLK and ODLK1 resolve the same problem but with a space of input to test that are different, so the solution will be different and the union of the two sites resolve the main latin square problems.

I think so that both should be taken

jamezz

Guys,  ladies and any mix of the above... This vote is for https://boinc.progger.info/odlk/ and if you are unaware we are out of C-class ipv4 address blocks.. That means we utalize what we had and we started that late , just over a decade to prepare along with get used to NAT and migrate to ipv6 now that its more mature..

Webservers used what is called virtual name based hosting , this means its a shared webserver.

When you pull up a request for site 1 say https://boinc.progger.info/odlk/ then the webserver reads the request header and says ok direct to container directive container for boinc.progger.info/odlk and how ever the project admins data scructure schematic and  it loads from /var/share/local/boinc-server/odlk ( just example not the dir layout they use ) and then if the webserver gets a request for the a DNS entry if set or the raw IP if the name based virtual host is configured to respond to the raw IP vs a DNS entry and 78.26.93.125/latinsquares/ could load from /var/share/local/boinc-server/odlk2 . This is because if we were to setup 1 ip per 1 website we would have 1/64th the possible website let alone its more efficient having BIND the DNS server , Apache/Tomcat/lighttpd etc using 1 ip per per container. 

Keep this in mind when now adays we all get 1 ipv4 public address and use NAT so internally your 1 ip can route out data from multiple machines , should you be limited to 1 boinc machine due to your lack of wanting to pay your ISO $8 per IP for additional up to 8 in order to BOINC on more than 1 machine some the project gets the IP report from the outside facing IP and has no idea you are using NAT and its multiple machines via 1 ip.

Additionally , you can run as I believe 5 full projects and 1 NCI if I am not mistaking in the default current branch of the current boinc-server client platform.

So with that said , the vote is for ODLK https://boinc.progger.info/odlk/ as its in production , http://78.26.93.125/latinsquares/ is in testing.. We do not put on short term or testing projects on the whitelist #1 we user Peppernrino worked very hard with ODLK to translate to website to English due to people whom #1 do not understand science does not have to be in English and that they are lucky we do not need/have to learn Latin to read BOINC projects information along with science is international so if its in the projects native language you havee been able to translate via Google for over a decade and yahoo for over 2 decades and every browser from Explorer , Chrome , Firefox and in my choice Opera that will auto load any page translated into the language you choose. We are typically here for the science , we can tell when its all about being the future Donald J. Trump in hopes to fund their land/property rip-n-flip company financed from their Gridcoin wallet endgame outcome.

This isnt like customminer and taking advanted of the gridcoin wallet and its 5 seed DNS entries and how only 1 is understandable node.gridcoin.us and how #2 is dead node.gridcoin.asia and #3 resolves to the ip for #4 AND #4 resolves to the ip for entry #5 and that entry has 4 or 5 ip addresses for his own forced round robin DNS to force users to use his nodes and as much of them on his nodes as possible to control a possible 51% of the connected wallet clients... Honestly after his recent talks about a project to liquefy Gridcoin along with this recent lack of the ability to act like an adult and personal feelings for someone outweighed the benifits to the team and he showed he needs to be replaced and children should not be the team leader/team captain and that he does not run Gridcoin , he just was handed the IRC channel , does not crunch ( he has bragged via the mumble , it has been recoded and than bitched out and lied like a chump when confronted as we know he is user gridcoin.co.uk and has stated Gridcoin is not worth the cost of electricity. I think a requirement should be 18+ and ID required in order to be an imposed and forced " Trusted Community Leader " along with application after ## amount of time showing you are trust-able vs the GRC8 gang from Customminers highschool chess club should not be running what we do. 

Its time to create a real Gridcoin foundation and have checks and balances , vote him and the current forced trusted leaders into a trusted position vs him being handed the keys when the original Gridcoin pool caused issues and people left the main support medium , social media is not required and limits the ability to spread out when anybody can just run an IRC client and connect. 

Coming soon - With logs is my CCT , Berkeley and Steemit " My introduction to Gridcoin and the bad taste the slander left in my mouth , as trusted community members act like dictators not leaders " this is due to the facts and evidence they push their own agenda if if you do not agree they ban and remove you from the community in order to mute you.

Concern youself with the fact we use the networking from Bitcoin-Class and the original core due to lack of networking knowledge in the current dev ( even if Bgb used token ring and 2baseT in the 90s or DSL ( i had dsl in 98 ) the pool is not ran by Gridcoin.... Or is it and that is why the push and why new users are forced to use it , is there some referal bonus incentive program? Ponderous.

If ODLK1 passes testing phase they may want to apply and have a 2nd project on the whitelist , if you look at the projects and project admin sites you will see the wold is tied all together and a multi link between admins and help staff spread around the projects.

I hope that helps , I thought I should explain how boinc and the world of webservers and limited ipv4 space , due to peoples ignorance thinking the ipv4 stack is not mature but there are even websites limited to ipv6 only... Like when you want to run 1 full node in 1 house with 1 ipv4 address and 2,500,000,000 ipv6 you get. 

So we have to conserve and use them for more than 1 website. Thanks  

NeuralMiner
2 hours ago, ice00 said:

Hi,

SSL now added.

thanks

Awesome. Thank you.

noxcivi
On 26.12.2017 at 2:04 AM, ice00 said:

ODLK and ODLK1 resolve the same problem but with a space of input to test that are different, so the solution will be different and the union of the two sites resolve the main latin square problems.

I think so that both should be taken

I disagree that they should act as two different projects. They are from the same researchers, they run the same applications with different input data and they have the same goal. Why would you split this into two projects? In that logic one could argue it would be fine to split PrimeGrid into single projects, one for each kind of prime. I'd find that inaccaptable.

Many projects work with multiple servers in the back but all of them are capable of having one website and one database for users and credit system. Also there is no need to split testing apps into a separate project; boinc has beta apps for that.

• Like 2

Nataly Makarova
12 hours ago, noxcivi said:

Why would you split this into two projects?

Is it forbidden?

Every researcher does what is convenient for him.This is his right.

I can not understand what two projects are interfering with.

ODLK and ODLK1 projects are here

http://boinc.berkeley.edu/projects.php

What is the problem?

Timo425
4 hours ago, Nataly Makarova said:

Is it forbidden?

What is the problem?

It is a problem from Gridcoin perspective, not from Boinc perspective. As magnitude is split equally among all whitelisted projects, a project that is split into two smaller projects has an unfair advantage for crunching for Gridcoin.

Of course the ODLK project leaders can do what they want and if they don't care for participation in Gridcoin for both projects, it is not a problem for them.

Perhaps the way magnitude is shared should be updated? I have no idea how feasible that is.

Edited by Timo425 (see edit history)
  • Like 3

Gunde [closed]
11 hours ago, Nataly Makarova said:

Is it forbidden?

What is the problem?

With all respect for you and project we would like to support those who need it most, project are great and goal is great. To clear out as Timo talk about there are two different type of to export stats as these server hand out separately.
ODLK would not be alone to the LHC had 3 diffrent type of website/applications/jobs before and it was fine at start. After time move on at same time we discuss these project they merge them to one so for us it was less problem of share in reward.

The specific goal to reward is to even out to each project to make a fair contribution and let users choose project they like and not what gain them more.
ODLK1 got in but reward not kicked in yet but later on when more users add up we might be able to solve it if we could combine all users stats to one export link. The problem is simply that have a Neural Network that focus to one link of these export stats.

We are open for suggestion and happy to support the project.

• Confused 1

Nataly Makarova

Sorry, I do not understand your problem.

First, the ODLK project was not divided into two projects.
The creation of the second ODLK1 project is not a breakdown of the ODLK project into two projects.
We created the ODLK1 project for our convenience, for our own purposes.

Secondly, there are two separate projects - ODLK and ODLK1.
Yes, they solve one task. But users can choose any of these projects. They can work in each of these projects and accordingly receive a reward for their work in the project.
What is the more advantageous position of these two projects in comparison with other projects?

Thirdly, I was surprised to learn about the first vote on the ODLK project, found this vote by searching on Google.

To me (as the scientific head of the project) nothing about this vote was known.

The administrator wrote to me that he also did not know anything.

This is somewhat strange.

I believe that the issue of including the project in the white list should be decided in coordination with the project managers.

Now the initiators of the vote have problems. However, we are not involved in the emergence of these problems.

We have no problems with ODLK and ODLK1 projects.

Timo425

@Nataly Makarova I am not sure if it necessary to involve or even inform the project heads of gridcoin related votes, unless there are some concerns from the gridcoin side.

But I wouldn't really know because I'm relatively new to gridcoin and I haven't been involved in making any polls.

As I understood the first vote had a majority NO because people felt that because the site is only in Russian they can't really be sure what they are cruncing for as they can't read the ODLK website.

Now there was a second vote recently as ODLK1 was created and it has English and thus is passed with a resounding YES.

However it is problematic to involve two projects in the gridcoin whitelist that solve one task, because as I stated earlier, the magnitude (and probably also rewards themselves due to it) are shared equally between all whitelisted projects - so if a project has two instances, it effectively gets double rewards compared to other projects.

This is all I know about this topic, maybe someone who has been more involved could tell more.

Edited by Timo425 (see edit history)

an0n

I might not be totally up to speed on any other factors coming into play as to this project, but: If ODLK and ODLK1 offer the same tasks, and if the currently whitelisted ODLK project has enough tasks for users to crunch, then is there any reason to consider whitelisting ODLK1 in the first place?

It would seem that we already have this project whitelisted for anyone who wishes to contribute to this science problem and be awarded Gridcoin for it. Is there any issue with Gridcoin users using just ODLK? Like Nataly said, they have no problems with the two projects. Do we?

Nataly Makarova

I thank everyone for their attention and detailed answers.

I see that the ODLK1 project is on the white list.

We are happy about that.

Welcome to the ODLK1 project!

https://boinc.multi-pool.info/latinsquares/

I would like to take this opportunity to invite everyone who is interested in the topic "Latin squares" to the ODLK project forum in the Science section

https://boinc.progger.info/odlk/forum_forum.php?id=2

I continue to publish here my research on this topic.

Unfortunately, I write in Russian. But if there are any questions, I will answer in English.

Zedy44

Welcome!  I've already moved 4 of my hosts over to the ODLK1 / Latin Squares project to crunch some of the data.  I guess I'll need to brush up on my discrete math before reading up on latin squares as the only recent experience I have involves solving sudoku puzzles. :-)

• Like 1

TerminallyBlueish
8 hours ago, Nataly Makarova said:

I thank everyone for their attention and detailed answers.

I see that the ODLK1 project is on the white list.

We are happy about that.

Welcome to the ODLK1 project!

https://boinc.multi-pool.info/latinsquares/

I would like to take this opportunity to invite everyone who is interested in the topic "Latin squares" to the ODLK project forum in the Science section

https://boinc.progger.info/odlk/forum_forum.php?id=2

I continue to publish here my research on this topic.

Unfortunately, I write in Russian. But if there are any questions, I will answer in English.

I'd like to contribute, but the address is timing out and been unreachable for days now. Even the IP itself. I can ping it, but I can't access it in the browser or with BOINC scheduler...