NEWS
  • WELCOME TO CRYPTOCURRENCYTALK!
  • We've upgraded the website with a lot of new features!
  • 3 NEW THEMES! Click on the + Themes button above!
  • Notice about SOCIAL LINKS: UPDATE YOUR SOCIAL LINKS
  • New video section, add your videos: VIDEO SECTION
  • Advertising will be available shortly, hold tight.
  • If you have any issues with the new site, please submit a support ticket: SUPPORT
Tranz

HoboNickels Version 2.0

HoboNickels Version 2.0 is now live.  https://github.com/Tranz5/HoboNickels/releases/latest

Everyone must upgrade by block 5667000 or by Fri, 15 Sep 2017 21:00:00 which every comes sooner.

Changes in this version to create a more stable block chain with less resource usage include:

• Fixed issued where clients were creating old chain
  • Block time changed to 2 mins.
  • Min stake Age changed to 1 day
  • Min stake reward set at 20% Yearly
  • Stake will degrade over difficulty slower
  • Old clients will be disconnected on Friday Sept 17

Upgrade can be very simple or slightly complicated depending on if you are on the correct chain.

To ensure you are on the correct chain, type the following commands in your debug console:

>getcheckpoint

"height" : 5651019,

>getblockcount

If these match or a very close you should be good to go. You can also check against what I post here using 

>getblockbynumber 5651019

If the hash value matches then you are golden. You will only have  close the client, replace the executable and start it back up.  Just check back here to ensure after the fork all is well.

If you are one of the unlucky souls that do not match the best chain. Here is what you should do.

1) close the current client.
2) download the block chain from HoboNickels.info http://hobonickels.info/HBNBlockChain.zip
3) replace the contents of the .zip file, over your blk0001.dat blk0002.dat and remove/replace your txleveldb folder from %appdata%/HoboNickels directory. (This can be different on linux/mac systems)
4) remove the peer.dat from your  %appdata%/HoboNickels directory. (This can be different on linux/mac systems)
5) start the new 2.0 client up.
6) goto the debug window/console and type addnode IP add.

The current good IPs are: ( this list will be updated as I know them)

Current Best Chain: SetBestChain: new best=191c1bb7bfede5f89e64 height=5653023 trust=87703134339018 blocktrust=22162211 date=09/10/17 15:42:09

If you are in the midst of re-syncing the block chain, you should be fine to just replace the executable.

Question or Issue, let me know.

Thanks and happy staking!

So let's recap how we are looking.

The fork seems to have gone as planned, although it seems there was a bit of strife right after it became active. But otherwise the chain appears to be in good shape.  

I am seeing a very low orphan rate, and low CPU usage, and so far no side chains. So that is good!  

Spacing and difficulty appear to leveling out too.

5667915    1 minute     20.5 kB    8,343.469425 HBN    0.7220     Proof of Stake

5667914    2 minutes     30.8 kB    12,786.755437 HBN    0.7229     Proof of Stake
5667913    4 minutes     30.8 kB    16,790.660042 HBN    0.7220     Proof of Stake
5667912    6 minutes     30.6 kB    10,172.808362 HBN    0.7203     Proof of Stake
5667911    8 minutes     20.4 kB    9.098976 HBN    0.7077     Proof of Stake

I think the amount  of clients on the network is a bit low right now. But that should increase and get back to normal over time. The reward is a bit lower then I anticipated, but we still have the change at Friday Night that should bring it back up.  I am guessing 40-60%. We shall see.

The Min reward is going to be at 20%, so no matter what happens to difficulty that will be the lowest you will earn.  Now the max reward cap is also staying at 250, so again over time the amount of coins it will take to stake will increase over time. There by continuing to lower the creation percentage for the block chain.  This will take many years to get to that point.    

In any event this is how this coin should have behaved from the start. But the 20 second block time was just too much for a global network of wallets that were also staking.

So what is next?

Now that we have a stable network. I will have to spend less time ensuring the block chain is whole, and more time to development.

Immediate Goals:
Get a client out there for other platforms. Mac and Linux right away.  I would love help on the Mac wallet..
Get Cryptopia back online. I don't plan to push this until next week, after everything looks safe and sound.
Update the code to allow for higher, potentially unlimited combine/split threshold values.

Short/Medium term Goals:
Continue to update the code base for more security and lower cpu, lower memory, fix bugs and compiling issues and lots more functionality!

Longer Term Goals:
Hard Forks? Not sure what we will need yet, but anything will be 6-12 months out at this point.
Create a light weight wallet. Electrum type.  With eventual staking capabilities. Very low foot print.
Lots of other ideas I will share later.

But all of this is now possible because we moved to a reasonable block time and decent staking algo.

2.0.1.0 is pushed to Github

https://github.com/Crypto-Expert/HoboNickels/pull/32/commits/b3bff705029c3d48a7367879e19aba69fbff95e4

Added SplitBlock to GUI. @presstab Hyperstake

Increasing default splitthreshold and combinethreshold, plus updated Max
for each. This will work in startup and config switches up to 2500/5000.
And further increases in gui.
Changed max percentage for Stake For Charity to 100%
Renamed SetStakeMinAge to GetStakeMinAge
Renamed SetTargetSpacing to GetTargetSpacing
Created stub function for GetModiferInterval. Will be used to fork and
allow for 1 day min stake period.
Fixed CoinControl Weight to correct show at 8.8 days until fork fixes
it.
Fixed Stake Estimate in GUI.
Fixed Fee Estimate when using CoinControl.
Bumped version to 2.0.1.0

Please review and give feedback. I plan to compile the offical release here tonight or tomorrow.