Inferno420

Cant update blockchain

21 posts in this topic

Cant update blockchain

If anyone can help please if recently downloaded the HoboNickels (HBN) wallet and it doesnt want to update the blockchain even though i have downloaded the newest wallet.. and i do not want to delete the wallet hence i have already sent coins to an adres tied to that wallet

Hi Inferno.

So are you having issues getting a connection to other clients. If so I would suggest looking at this post.

You can also get a jump start on the block chain  by hitting hobonickels.info and downloading the block chain.  Link here

You will need to expand the zip and replace the 2 blk files and the entire folder of leveldb out of your %appdata%/HoboNickels folder.

Let me know if this helps.

The thing is i have downloaded the blockchain, but the wallet that im using there is no place to copy the blockchain into... if you open the folder its just a QT file, but that node adding seemed to help... i need more though connection is bad

You connecctsion will get stronger over time. Just need to start with one.

As far as the .zip blockchain.  Here are the steps (This assume windows)

1) download block chain zip file from hobonickels.info

2) unpack the files. You will get blk0001.dat and 0002. and a folder txleveldb.

3) Shut down the wallet.

4) Navigate to %appdata%/HoboNickels

5) delete your folder txleveldb and copy in the one from the zip file. Same thing for the blk0001 and blk0002.dat files.

6) Restart the the wallet.

You should only have about 2 or 3 weeks to catch up on then.

i might sound dumb but i dont know how to navigate to %appdata%/HoboNickels... ive searched for it on my computer but cant find it and the wallet has only one folder and inside that folder is an .exe file... HoboNickels-qt.exe cant paste the blk0001 and blk0002.dat files into the folder hence its only the one .exe file inside

That is simply the executable to start the wallet.

To find your Home directory for your wallet.dat and other important files You can use Windows Explorer or my computer, and type that %appdata% in the URL Bar<hit enter>, and then navigate to HoboNickels folder.

There you will find the files I was talking about.

You will need the actually block chain file zip  found here; http://hobonickels.info/HBNBlockChain.zip   Those are the file you need to replace to speed up the sync process

This all seem to have helped thanks so much, and one more question.. in order for me to receive rewards off staking coins ... does my wallet need to be running and also my computewr?

Once your coins are downloaded to your wallet and they are aged 10 days, then yes your wallet (obviously computer too) will need to be running. However while the coins are below 10 days old, they will still age even if your computer and wallet are off.

Ok so if i click on start staking it doesnt move my balance into the stake column, it just doesnt do anything ... is that fine? will it move over after 10 days

so i started staking, but I noticed you have to unlock the wallet for PoS... but every time I open the wallet it is locked again, why is that?

If you close the wallet or re-lock it, yes you have to unlock it. This is a safety procedure for your sake, to ensure someone can't use your wallet without your password.

Once it is unlocked, yes unless you lock it or close the wallet it will try to stake..