17 posts in this topic

HBN 1.5.4.0

Finished up 1.5.4.0. This will be for self compilers only.

I will eventually release a FAQ on best pracites for watch-only. Short of it is, best to use the "New Wallet" Function and add your watch only to that wallet. Add all of them with the false rescan flag, and then add the last one with true rescan flag. Have to add both public address and public script script separately if you want to watch both send/receives and stakes.

https://github.com/Tranz5/HoboNickels/commit/6a88e8f06508503d6e5efe2aaed5878bded2c138

Changes:

Script Validation Change, must upgrade by March 1, 2018
Fix some mutability potential problems.
Removed uneeded opcodes
Removed getpubkey and validatepubkey, should be using getaddress and
validateaddress instead
Renamed threads to hobocoin
Addnew script checking threads
split and combine threashold now use all loaded wallets for max combine
number.
Bump Version and Bump protocol.
Added WatchOnly ability
Added importaddress used in watchonly addition
Added

Also since last public release 1.5.3.0 I  added new ability to quickly turn on and off staking form the command line, rpc, startup swtich and gui. That was done in version 1.5.3.1.

The next version to be released. 1.5.5.0 will be for released with new Executable for everyone. It should have the start of better staking algo.

Based on some feedback from users, there are some things that are working well and some that are not.

I was able to re-create some of the issues, so I will be working on some updates for those.  One of the tings that I need to flesh out is what happens when a wallet comes online with a ton of weight. So I will have to idle my wallet for a while to see how 1.5.5 reacts and make changes based on that.

For now I have removed 1.5.5 release and I will post as soon as I have a 1.5.5.1 or 2 ready for further testing. If you are on 1.5.5.0 and it is working for you, feel free to keep on it. If not please revert back to 1.5.3.  

A ton of weight... That would be me. I'm hoping to get my wallet going again with these recent changes. Thanks for your dedication, Tranz

Sure thing Snowbear. If you don't mind it would be great to use you as a test once I get these final changes in.  Might be a week or so.  But having a user or two validate the changes would be good, before I roll it out.

Sure thing. Anything I can do to help you out. I will delay syncing my wallet til after i hear from you.

Posted (edited)

Tranz, as a follow-up, I have the new version, 1.5.5.1, running now. I caught up on the blockchain and pasted my old wallet.dat in. Everything seems to be working fine and I am staking furiously. The last time the wallet staked was March 3, 2017, more than 5 months! There were 35 staking transactions in the first 45 minutes. However, only 13 of them actually had confirmations. Is this what you would expect? If you need more specific info i can send you my prestaking getinfo and getmininginfo output and a list of the transactions.

I wonder if there might be a way to speed the initial startup, or failing that, add a message for new HBN holders in the startup window, that re-scanning will take some time.

Thanks for your dedication Tranz.

Edited by Snowbear

Snowbear thanks for the feedback. 

Due to the fact that the blockchain is allowing for a new block every 20 seconds, yes I do expect you will get a lot of orphan stakes if you have a lot of weight.  Once we slow this down to about 90 seconds, staking will be much less prone to huge orphan records.

I am looking at startup times including re-scan issue. Which causes the gui not to show up until complete. This is not correct, but does require a bit of changes to fix. It's on my list, but a bit lower in priority at the moment.

The newest version seems much improved for starting time. Out of curiosity, do orphan stakes affect weight, or is weight unchanged when an orphan is produced?

Staking has now slowed WAY down from when it started. It's not as fun as when i was so busily adding to my holdings, but I'm very pleased with the improved way 1.5.5.x operates. Nice work, Tranz!

So an orphan will get added back to the weight after another block stakes. I just found a small bug, that if the last set of coins get orphaned it will never get added back. I have a fix that I will release with 1.5.6 probably in a few weeks.  If it should happen, then a stop and start stake and it should try to stake it again.

Snowbear likes this

@Tranz and dev team! You guys are awesome! I was reading about, setting diff because of flash mining.  Imo I have been mining HBN for a while now, and on H2C its always got a steady hashrate. This is currently only coin I can mine due to low diff. just weighing in. Im going to keep on mining, again good work guys best working PoW/PoS asset out there! 

Snowbear likes this

hi Tranz, Here is another followup to the high stake weight situation. My wallet slowed way down after a few days of furious staking, and now it has apparently stopped altogether. I see a message when i mouse over the icons in the lower right corner saying I am not staking because i have no mature coins. Everything else seems to be in order, i.e. up to date, connected, and unlocked. My last transaction was on 8/14, so it has been three days the coins have been sitting in the wallet. Shouldn't some or all of them have matured by now?   --Regards

ihashblox likes this