LMC

No peer connections on Wallet

14 posts in this topic

No peer connections on Wallet

I downloaded the wallet for Windows a few days ago and everything seems ok, except it will not sync or connect to any peers.  I'm not very good at this, but I run a few other altcoin core wallets, so I know at least some of the basics.  I tried downloading the peer lists on this and other forums, but the links are all broken.  I also tried downloading the latest blockchain to kickstart the wallet, but the only one I could find which was still a valid link was from 2015.  It worked ok, but did not solve my connection problem.

I've had the wallet open for several days now and it's still never connected.  The symbol in the lower right corner continuously says "0 active connections..."

Can anyone help, or at least publish a list of nodes & the command to load them?

Peers can be found in a few places.

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/CoinInfo/?coin=HBN 

Then click on Connections for HBN on the right.

Or you can go to the block explorer https://chainz.cryptoid.info/hbn/#!network and get nodes from there by clicking on node list next to the versions.

Either way after you have some IPs you can click on Debug Window and then Console and type addnode IP add .After just a a few you should get full connections.

I am working on a fully 100% up DNS server that will be part of version 1.6 once it is officially released in  late 2017, early 2018. Probably some beta with it before then as well.

14 minutes ago, Tranz said:

Peers can be found in a few places.

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/CoinInfo/?coin=HBN 

Then click on Connections for HBN on the right.

Or you can go to the block explorer https://chainz.cryptoid.info/hbn/#!network and get nodes from there by clicking on node list next to the versions.

Either way after you have some IPs you can click on Debug Window and then Console and type addnode IP add .After just a a few you should get full connections.

I am working on a fully 100% up DNS server that will be part of version 1.6 once it is officially released in  late 2017, early 2018. Probably some beta with it before then as well.

Thanks Tranz, that worked great!!!  Finally syncing!

Here's a current list for anyone else, just paste one line at a time & enter:

addnode 5.9.48.68:7372 add
addnode 68.168.176.187:7372 add
addnode 69.181.165.105:7372 add
addnode 176.37.67.61:7372 add
addnode 87.98.159.143:7372 add
addnode 153.161.96.219:7372 add
addnode 83.34.249.234:7372 add
addnode 77.239.37.12:7372 add
addnode 68.106.230.16:7372 add
addnode 83.78.248.210:7372 add
addnode 80.56.92.208:7372 add
addnode 193.91.244.60:7372 add
addnode 50.34.126.230:7372 add
addnode 72.184.183.243:7372 add
addnode 173.50.96.220:7372 add

No problem glad it worked out.  We also have bootstraps available to help speed up syncing if you are very far behind.

I used a file from 2015 and that worked ok (I think you posted it).  The more recent ones were all either broken links or tried to force me to install a dodgy downloader.

I'm happy to leave the wallet open & take its time catching up.  Better for the network as well, right!

Thanks again Tranz, I used your bootstrap and I'm fully synced now.  I will keep the wallet open as much as possible.

You are welcome. Thanks for the support!

HBN still going :)

I left off at v1.5.0 I believe and not sure there will be an issue placing an old wallet.dat from 1.5.0 into the 1.5.3 that is currently syncing? Have a feeling it will not work.

3 yrs, 361 days on syncing left to go. Tried to use the bootstrap log in and the page just resets back to the sign in screen. 

On 7/2/2017 at 10:01 PM, Tranz said:

Try this one..

ftp://ftp.hobonickels.info

user: hbn@hobonickels.info
pass: H0b0Nickels

I changed this to a link directly on the web page, no need to ftp  anymore.

Just goto hobonickels.info, it is under explore HBN.

Hi Tranz.  I see the Cryptopia wallet is finally back working again!

I've been trying to run 2 wallets as close to 24/7 as I can on a couple of computers which never get switched off, but both seem to have a problem with syncing the last few seconds to last couple of days.  They are picking up peers, but only seem to go 100% up-to-date for maybe a couple of hours every few days.  Of course, this means they almost never stake.  Is it a general HBN network problem or am I doing something wrong?

12 hours ago, LMC said:

Hi Tranz.  I see the Cryptopia wallet is finally back working again!

I've been trying to run 2 wallets as close to 24/7 as I can on a couple of computers which never get switched off, but both seem to have a problem with syncing the last few seconds to last couple of days.  They are picking up peers, but only seem to go 100% up-to-date for maybe a couple of hours every few days.  Of course, this means they almost never stake.  Is it a general HBN network problem or am I doing something wrong?

The main issues is the stake thread along with block accept thread are taking up a ton of resources and competing against each other. It is nothing you are doing wrong.  I am in the process of working on making the skater more efficient so this won't be an issue.  In the mean time you can try setting your reserve balance to maybe 12/ or 1 1/4 or your amount of stake able coins and see if that helps.