katepagava

Potentially best new cryptocurrency to invest in long term?

13 posts in this topic

Potentially best new cryptocurrency to invest in long term?

I'd like to invest my money in some young cryptocurrensies. But actually don't know in which one. Maybe you can advice some.

Thanks a lot for help 

Nobody know this for sure, we can all just speculate. Be ready to lose your money if you invest in cryptocurrency and also be ready to gain some. Here is an reply that I did while back on similar topic I'd suggest you read it.

Be careful if you are looking to invest in ICOs aka Initial Coins Offerings. Some of them might be good but other just for pure profit, this is also a problem with investing in the new cryptocurrencies. When you invest in a new one risk is higher but potential profit is higher too. If we all knew which one is the next big thing be sure that it will already have high price. Best would be to look around and reach to the coin community as with big community it is easier for a coin to get recognized, or maybe coin community is small but be ready to wait like few years to see what will happen, because nothing happens over night, specially if coin is new, you might end up waiting 1-3years or more/less.

Exchange between cryptocurrency and e-wallets

Changer     |      LocalBitcoins     |    

18 minutes ago, bobbyYeah said:

Nobody know this for sure, we can all just speculate. Be ready to lose your money if you invest in cryptocurrency and also be ready to gain some. Here is an reply that I did while back on similar topic I'd suggest you read it.

Be careful if you are looking to invest in ICOs aka Initial Coins Offerings. Some of them might be good but other just for pure profit, this is also a problem with investing in the new cryptocurrencies. When you invest in a new one risk is higher but potential profit is higher too. If we all knew which one is the next big thing be sure that it will already have high price. Best would be to look around and reach to the coin community as with big community it is easier for a coin to get recognized, or maybe coin community is small but be ready to wait like few years to see what will happen, because nothing happens over night, specially if coin is new, you might end up waiting 1-3years or more/less.

Thanks a lot 4 a reply, ofc, i understand risks, but even few years ago it was clear that for example BTC will have a great sucsess. So now i just wanted to see maybe some new currencies are developing. Have u heard smth about IOTA? cause i did and id like to hear lots oppinions about it.

What about litecoin? as far as i am concerned it also became more and more popular.. 

To be honest I had heard about IOTA but I haven't looked how does it work fully, it has interesting concept, no doubt there. There is only one exchange that is trading it now as IOTA has different technology than bitcoin so will take more time for others to implement it. But still it was listed not long ago. They have a lot of coins i circulation so you can be IOTA millionaire :8_laughing: they say that they have a good system that is hard to manipulate and that's cheaper than bitcoin in terms of electricity costs and no fees as you verify other users transactions for your transaction to be verified by others.

Litecoin should be safe for a long run, but now it seems is about like 50$ it could dump a bit within few days or not. It became popular as they have successfully activated SegWit which will allow it to overcome the scaling problem (if they would have it in the future) and also SegWit creates more space for something to build  on top of it. Litceoin is also one of the popular coins right after bitcoin and it tends to be more stable, as before it was worth around 4$ for a long time till it jumped. I think that they should be okay for long run, I could also be wrong.

But before you make up your mind just try to read about the coin, to see opinion of others and also to learn something about it, see how big community they have and how positive are they. Hardly anyone can predict the future in these markets cuz it is still something new. You have to be ready and believe in a coins that you invest in, even if its price goes down you have to either sell at loss or keep and hope that price will go up. Easiest would be to buy it and store it on paper wallet and just forget about it and see in future if you screwed it up or if you made right decision. I know that it can be a bit stressful if you are checking prices every single day...

And gain don't invest more than you can afford to lose!

Exchange between cryptocurrency and e-wallets

Changer     |      LocalBitcoins     |    

If someone says that one crypto currency is more promising than another, then he wants to sell it to you, or he bought it himself.)))  Do not be based on someone's opinion. Read enough information about the first five crypto-currencies in the world, and then make a decision.

2 hours ago, katepagava said:

What about litecoin? as far as i am concerned it also became more and more popular.. 

i think that is good. you can try

31 minutes ago, karasurizero said:

i think that is good. you can try

Thanks a lot) ill check info and maybe try) 

Ethereum has the best long-term potential of any cryptocurrency. Right now Bitcoin is still king, but I think Ethereum will become #1 in short order.

There are already almost half as many transactions on the Ethereum blockchain as the Bitcoin blockchain, and Ethereum is growing exponentially, while Bitcoin has reached its maximum capacity for now. Cryptocurrencies, like social networks, have extremely strong network effects. As the adoption of Ethereum continues to grow, its utility and value will grow exponentially..

Different coins will serve different parts of the marketplace.  

Ethereum has a lot of potential for both success and failure.  Ethereum is hot right now because everyone wants to use it for their ICO.  ETH has spiked in price, but so have a bunch of other coins.  If you've been in the scene awhile, you know that the price can crash as fast as it rose.  

Projects like Zcash and Ripple have large followings and great potential.  

Bitcoin was the first and judging by its network, should be around for awhile.

I always say, try to keep and open mind and don't become a fanboy.  One day it's ETH and BTC, tomorrow it will be another projects which beats them both.

bobbyYeah likes this

Cryptocurrencytalk.com

Discussing the world of cryptocoins and cryptocurrencies.

LTC it is not new, but this is good. It not rich enough and easy for new in team

I think it was the same way in those days when bank transfers began to be used. And even earlier - when gold coins were replaced by paper bills. Someone thought for a long time and did not begin to act. And someone took a chance and was one of the first. Innovations are always introduced by people with adventurous character. Some of the innovators lose everything, and the other part - wins. The same will happen with crypto-currencies. But everyone decides for himself whether he wants to take risks.