acsdog

Unable to delete beacon - CPID address not listed in inputs tree

22 posts in this topic

Unable to delete beacon - CPID address not listed in inputs tree

Recently I haven't been receiving BOINC mining rewards. I ran a beacon report and found out that my public and private keys are missing from gridcoinresearch.conf. advertisebeacon returns that I am already in the chain. I decided to delete my beacon, as I had only recently started backing up my wallet, and could not recover my keypair. 

I followed the steps in the PDF, and ended up receiving 0.00011 GRC, indicating an error. I sent my coins to another wallet, performed a clean install of the gridcoin client and set up the new one with my BOINC email, and sent my coins to the newly installed wallet. 

After syncing, I checked the beacon report for my CPID GRC address, and tried to delete my beacon again. Unfortunately, my new GRC address wasn't listed in the inputs address tree. Am I doing something wrong?

i dont understand why u needed to send ur coins to a new wallet. the old wallet has ur grc address thats attached to ur cpid in it. if u didnt see it in coin control its likely because there was no balance in it but ucud of coin control sent coins to it so itd show 

My balance is 804, so that shouldn't be a problem. 

Posted (edited)

on your old wallet? u said u sent all ur grc to a new wallet. u need to delete the cpid from the wallet that has the grc address attached to ur cpid. the delete beacon tx must be from ur grc address thats attached to ur cpid and that one alone. not another grc address in ur wallet. it verifies that u r infact the cpid owner to proceed with deletion

Edited by iFoggz
typos

Sorry, I didn't explain very well. The 804 balance is in my GRC client, with my CPID attached. I moved the coins when I re-installed the client, but moved them back after installation.

To this "client" you have your CPID right now, did you send GRC after start or did you use any backup?

As iFoggz mention your beacon are attach combined to CPID and GRCaddress. So this GRCaddress are only available from first created wallet.dat.

If you send away and back to first existed wallat from backup after reinstall you will have address in it.

Or

If send away and back to new created wallet it would not matter if it only show CPID in client. It would be impossible to delete beacon if you have access to old wallet.dat.

The balance in existed wallet would not matter but GRCaddress to beacon does.

I still do have the backup wallet.dat, should I go ahead and restore it then try again? I initially tried deleting my beacon with my old wallet.dat (which still didn't contain my keypair). That's why I reinstalled. I can still give it another shot if it might work

I restored the backup, but when I look for my GRC address under send coins > inputs it isn't there.

Posted (edited)

So I just received +5.00 GRC from Cryptospout Faucet. When I run the command "execute beaconstatus", I get this:

[
{
"Command" : "beaconstatus"
},
{
"CPID" : "e27aaf657905bd3fedc47c5570f2ee1d",
"Beacon Exists" : "Yes",
"Beacon Timestamp" : "06-06-2017 03:32:39",
"Public Key" : "04cf5aa89ca69d7fc698c47b078c6f31fc204f5a6bbbcf182638b6f790124dc88d7f77c16637981a4fd740d3c6a71f53a6a180b0d21cf69606dc159b1b9d7f6bbc",
"Private Key" : "",
"Local Configuration Public Key" : "",
"Magnitude (As of last superblock)" : 2.00000000,
"Block Signing Test Results" : false,
"Errors" : "Private Key Missing. Local configuration file Public Key missing. Local configuration public key does not match beacon public key. This can happen if you copied the wrong public key into your configuration file. Please request that your beacon is deleted, or look into walletbackups for the correct keypair. Failed to sign POR block. This can happen if your keypair is invalid. Check walletbackups for the correct keypair, or request that your beacon is deleted. ",
"Help" : "Note: If your beacon is missing its public key, or is not in the chain, you may try: execute advertisebeacon.",
"Configuration Status" : "FAIL"

My gridcoinresearch.conf looks like this:

cpumining=true
email=**************
addnode=node.gridcoin.us 
addnode=gridcoin.asia 
addnode=grcmagnitude.com 
UpdatingLeaderboard=false
PrimaryCPID=e27aaf657905bd3fedc47c5570f2ee1d

Edited by acsdog

Yes, I received the coins. Thank you, now I know I've got the right address. I just can't receive BOINC rewards since I'm missing my keypair

ya all u had to do was send a coin controled tx from a input in ur wallet to the grc address in ur wallet (the one u didnt see) :) then it wud of showed