labelfree

Mining Zcash to Bitcoin Wallet?

6 posts in this topic

Mining Zcash to Bitcoin Wallet?

New to mining.  Just started.  

Mining with my NVidia 1080..  Watched a video on youtube about mining ZEC, and it has you point the mining file to your Bitcoin wallet? 

Is this correct... Shouldn't I be pointing it to a ZEC wallet?  or does it automatically convert it?   Can I point it to a Zec or? .. he doesn't really go in detail in the video and that part confused me. 

I've been mining for a day and don't see any profit in the wallet although it's mining at about 440/sols.    Will I see it instantly or after some time?  

Thanks! 

Newb Miner

Bitcoin is bitcoin.  Zcash is zcash.  Two different coins.  I've never mined ZEC but you need to mine to your Zcash wallet if you want to mine Zcash.

Try to find a better mining tut on youtube is your best bet if you're have issues.  Lots of people mining Zcash, so you probably won't find a block solo mining is my guess.

bobbyYeah likes this

Cryptocurrencytalk.com

Discussing the world of cryptocoins and cryptocurrencies.

As Jimmy stated best would be to mine in some pool as you will have higher chance of getting some coins, still amount that you will get then it depends on your hash power that you provide to the pool.

If you are looking to receive Bitcoin while mining Zcash you could point your payments to go directly to an exchange, some of exchanges provide a feature that it automatically sells particular coin for bitcoin or some other cryptocurrency the moment they enter to your wallet.

You could post a video link here so that we can see what it was about and why person in video puts bitcoin there.

Exchange between cryptocurrency and e-wallets

Changer     |      LocalBitcoins     |    

Posted (edited)

Thanks Guys..  Here's the link.. around 1:50 he shows you how to get a BTC address, and then later @ 3:20...  

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=mining+zcash+nvidia+1080&&view=detail&mid=3E444536262B224EC2733E444536262B224EC273&FORM=VRDGAR

It's around 3:20 ... I noticed in the file it does say "SET BTCADDR"   ?   This is with nice hash eqm.. Would I be able to make decent money with an EVGA Superclocked NVidia 1080 card?  or what do you guys recommend?  

Edited by labelfree

Ah I think that I understand now, pool that he is mining for can pay you in bitcoin. So basically you mine ZEC but pool can give  payouts in bitcoin.

As it goes for the profit part, best would be to start to mine and see how much hash power are you getting. You can enter your information here . You enter your electricity and all other whats needed and it should calculate aprox. how much will you earn and if you will be able to cover the electricity costs.

Exchange between cryptocurrency and e-wallets

Changer     |      LocalBitcoins     |    

On 17.06.2017 at 10:07 PM, bobbyYeah said:

Ah I think that I understand now, pool that he is mining for can pay you in bitcoin. So basically you mine ZEC but pool can give  payouts in bitcoin.

As it goes for the profit part, best would be to start to mine and see how much hash power are you getting. You can enter your information here . You enter your electricity and all other whats needed and it should calculate aprox. how much will you earn and if you will be able to cover the electricity costs.

Is there is rly payout in btc? lol