Bilout

Motherboard is hot !

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi,

I recently built a 4 x RX470 GPU rig, and I used a ASUS H81M-Plus motherboard for that purpose.(1150 - celeron G1850)

Everything is looking fine, except for one thing : in dual mining Eth/Sia, the socket sensor is reporting a bold 115°C !! when the CPU itself is at 35°C.

I immediately thought it was a wrong sensor measurement, but it was confirmed on HW monitor as well.

Did you guys experimented something similar ? it's way too hot, at this rate it will eventually roast i think...

Edited by Bilout

You've got a lot of power going through those slots, I wouldn't be surprised you're getting a warning.  Probably have to get some fans on the mobo to cool it down.  The CPU really isn't doing much, so it's not going to be too hot.

Cryptocurrencytalk.com

Discussing the world of cryptocoins and cryptocurrencies.

Do you know which part of the motherboard gets hot ? I don't think you can place a fan there...

I was speaking of a general fan over the motherboard.  It might also be the Graphics cards themselves.  I know there is PCIe extenders which a lot of people use.  That might help.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812183053

Cryptocurrencytalk.com

I once had a setup running 4 AMD Sapphire 7970 cards on an MSI motherboard.  The whole rig got very hot.  I used high performance fans that blew over the board.  I never had an overheating problem and I didn't use risers / extenders.  It might be the mobo.  Maybe it can't handle the power draw IDK.

Cryptocurrencytalk.com

Thanks Jimmy, what i should do, is to spot precisely the part which gets the most of the heat, because the card itself really doesn't seem hot, also, augmenting the memory clock didn't increase that temp... strange, i will investigate, i just hope my card isn't in danger.

Jimmy likes this