Tranz

PiHoboNickels

46 posts in this topic

How many blocks do you have in your Pi wallet? Is it realistic to have many blocks in the wallet without consuming all resources on the pi?

I keep mine pretty large blocks. The CPU isn't the problem, the main issue is mem. Right now the block chain at 1.2 million is really pushign the pi. It is still going and still staking. But I wonder for how much longer.

Hello Tranz, any update on this? Would it be possible to set up a repo for the Raspberry Pi HBN application?

I haven't been running mine for a while. Had a power failure and it shut down, and I haven't brought it back up. I would need to compile the newest version 1.5 for it anyway.   I don't know how well this will work for HBN as the block chain size is getting a bit much for the small amount of memory the Pi has. But it may still work.

The current HBN repo can be used to compile and run this, just like any *nix system.

3.1) removed -msse2 from makefile.unix

in the makefile, i found reference to '-msse2' within a conditional statement. Is commenting out the three lines of this statement, the correct way to remove -msse2 from makefile.unix?

I'm trying to put my favorite wallets all on the same pi, running them from a hard drive. So far I have XPY and PPC. Hope to add HBN and a few others. Thanks for sharing your discoveries.

i guess thats a consequence of coming late to the party. I did find a reference to '-msse2' in makefile.unix at around line 88, and i commented it out thinking it looked like the line needed to be ignored, but maybe im wrong on that? My pi has been cranking on makefile.unix now for 6 hours. Will it ever complete successfully?

It should. I think mine took 12 hours, but I can't remember for sure..

Success! It took several tries owing to ignorance but i finally have a working HBN wallet on my Raspberry Pi. Now i have 3 coin wallets staking on a pi that uses a usb hard drive for everything but booting. Hopefully i can get a couple more wallets added before I'm done.

You don't have any type of memory issue while running on 3 wallets on the pi?

Not yet. Fingers crossed.  HBN has a way to go before it is fully synced and i don't know how that will impinge on ram usage. 

Just wanted to follow up after running hobonickelsd on my Pi for almost 3 months. It runs best by itself  (i.e. no other programs running ). Of the 5 coins i keep on 3 Pi's, HBN is the only coin to payout stake, and it does regularly.  Very pleased with HBN.

HCLivess likes this

Very cool. Did you do anything special to keep up with the ram usage?

Thanks, Tranz. I have a 500 gb USB hard drive attached and partitioned a large area for swap and another area for file storage. I cannot tell that insufficient ram is an issue at all.