Defective Jesus

I have to upgrade my video card, can anyone help me out here? [specs included]

I'm running a AMD Phenom X4 9550 quad-core processor.

8gb of ram

a 1000gb hard drive

and a nvidia geforce 9300 GE.

pegatron m2n78-la motherboard.

everything besides my video card is what i need to run games smoothly. I'm in the price range of $150-170. Can anyone help me with this?

I'm really not tech savvy at all, I hardly know the first thing when it comes to this, so anyone that does.. your help will be greatly appreciated.

I am probably going to get railroaded out of here for saying this but....I recommend anything Radeon (or AMD)

I ran an HD4650 for the longest time and was forced to upgrade in April to a HD6850. I wanted the 6870 but my computer case would have required to be upgraded as well.

Here is some linkage... I don't follow Nvidia very well so I don't know how good your current card is....Doesn't sound like it's state of the art.

Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity (100315L ) <<HD6850

Newegg.com - XFX HD-687A-ZHFC Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card <<HD 6870 (BF uses it loves it)

Newegg.com - MSI R7770-2PMD1GD5/OC Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card <<HD 7700 (I will do some digging on this one for you but at the price this is the best value)

If you have any questions feel free to hit me up with a PM I am lurking every now and then!

carcajousig2.png

(╯°□°)╯︵┻━┻