ePHEX

So I finished a remix...

ePHEX

I managed to remix 4 tracks into 1. It's not great... but it's getting better.

Thoughts?

Here it is...

Csiko

I like parts a lot and hate parts a lot. The first minute is so great, the 2nd is just awful. That whining synth just sounds ridiculous, which is cool if that's what you're going for. When that part ends it goes into some great stuff, but the sound quality dramatically takes a hit at about 4 minutes. Not sure why. There are a few places where the sound quality drop seems intentional, but this is a bit different.

Despite being a remix of many different songs, styles and instruments aren't ever repeated later, so it flows kind of poorly. Even if you used the xylophone-esque sound (and that nicer synth behind it) somewhere later, it would tie the whole thing together so much better.

Though, I do like most of it, and this is coming from someone who thinks almost every song in the genre is trash. :P

ePHEX
I like parts a lot and hate parts a lot. The first minute is so great' date=' the 2nd is just awful. That whining synth just sounds ridiculous, which is cool if that's what you're going for. When that part ends it goes into some great stuff, but the sound quality dramatically takes a hit at about 4 minutes. Not sure why. There are a few places where the sound quality drop seems intentional, but this is a bit different.

Despite being a remix of many different songs, styles and instruments aren't ever repeated later, so it flows kind of poorly. Even if you used the xylophone-esque sound (and that nicer synth behind it) somewhere later, it would tie the whole thing together so much better.

Though, I do like most of it, and this is coming from someone who thinks almost every song in the genre is trash. :P [/quote']

I appreciate your criticism. I am learning, and getting better, thanks for your thought and tips. :)

lonesome killer

I agree with Csiko. Loved the 1st minute, the 2nd minute was bad, and after that it was better. There is a noticeable switch at the 5:04 mark.

Also, can you list the songs you used?

ePHEX
I agree with Csiko. Loved the 1st minute' date=' the 2nd minute was bad, and after that it was better. There is a noticeable switch at the 5:04 mark.

Also, can you list the songs you used?[/quote']

Sure.(In no order)

1. Some Chords, Hard Intro Ghosts, Machine Gun (Porter Matchup)

2. The Seconds, The Champ, Vandalism, Arguru (Porter Matchup)

3. Bass Cannon (Porter Robinson's 2 Minute Electro Bootie)

4. Spitfire (Porter's Electro VIP_Far Too Loud - Start the party)

He used bootlegs from Deadmau5, Flux Pavilion, and then some of his own.

I also re-did the blendmix.

Give it a listen?

lonesome killer

Will give it a listen. Stop making long songs!

Also, could you cite the songs you used?

Diemonx

Is it normal that none of the links work for me? It gives me the "Oops!, couldn't find that page."

Diemonx

Now it works. I will give it a listen as i link this kind of mixes.

EDIT: Having heard some of them, heres the "review" xD

- Electro Mix: It was perfect, i really liked it. Only thing i din't like the 6:33 transition, it kinda broke the tempo to me.

- Liquid Stranger - Bully: It was pretty solid.

- Hellbound EP: It was pretty strong and hardcore, seemed pretty psychodelic. din't know there was a hellstep btw.

- Porter Robinson: This one, i really like. Loved that minute from 2:27 to 3:27. Din't seem to break the flow to me, or at least it wasn't that noticeable.

Overall: 1.- I Like Electro more than Dubstep.

2.- Keep the good work!