cryptomint

QT client locking up

Tranz

I've actually had a similar problem. I tried to sync another machine using just the seed nodes. It got to about 450k and then got stuck. I shut it down and tried again, it crashed like yours.

I cleaned up directory, and tried to bootstrap from the blk0001.dat, Same thing. It seems there is a bad client in one of the seed nodes and it sends a ton of bad blocks. Causes mass orphans, and screws up the index.

So I tried a third time using my peers.dat from another machine and it got up to current in 4 hours. 

I'll keep all this in mind and see if I can come up with a solution.

polanskiman

Hello,

Were you able to make the proper modification to the code to solve this issue?

Thanks.

Tranz

Hello,

Thanks.

I did add a few things to version 1.4.0.1. And as far as I know the problem is not as much if at all still an issue.

I have been through multiple power failures on 4 PCs and a Pi, and I have not had any block chain nor wallet corruption on any of them.

polanskiman

Hello,

Thanks.

I did add a few things to version 1.4.0.1. And as far as I know the problem is not as much if at all still an issue.

I have been through multiple power failures on 4 PCs and a Pi, and I have not had any block chain nor wallet corruption on any of them.

Thanks for the answer. In fact my question was not directly related to Hobonickels HBN but to another coin which is experiencing the same problem. The database index become corrupt, most of the time because old wallets are feeding loads of orphans blocks.

Is the source code of the changes specific to that issue open and available for the public to see?

If yes, could you please point me to those speific changes you did?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Tranz

Hello,

Thanks.

Thanks for the answer. In fact my question was not directly related to Hobonickels HBN but to another coin which is experiencing the same problem. The database index become corrupt, most of the time because old wallets are feeding loads of orphans blocks.

Is the source code of the changes specific to that issue open and available for the public to see?

If yes, could you please point me to those speific changes you did?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

All code changes are available for easy viewing here:

https://github.com/Tranz5/HoboNickels/commits/master/src

I didn't do anything with how peers were handled, I did update a few things regarding how leveldb was used.  So perhaps looking at a few of those changes maybe helpful to you.

You can also look at some of the changes to CENT. I think they had some issues with peers.  But mostly if there is a version of clients that are not working, they can be removed  when the handshake of send version is done.