Meska

Scrypt.io Hobonickels Pool 0.5%

presstab

I expect to be back tonight when the diff comes back to earth.

fonky

Troubles in the payout this night, processing right now...

Sorry for the delay, having fun with a sexy hungarian girl, just arrived home

Same problem right now Meska,

leave the hungarian girl alone and fix the bug :angry: :angry: :angry:

its just a display error anyway take your time mesk ;)

e/ ok its fixed :)

Meska

Yes, fixed, I saw that when I came back from party  ~3AM

I may have to upgrade the pool with some news features.

I don't know what people on my pool thinks about vardiff, I may activate it. 

@Presstab @unick, what do you think ? 

Same for the "proportional" payout, for some rare and lucky round (like 1 or 2 shares) if unick or presstab have it, I find this kind of normal, if I have it (with my "only" 2500Kh), I'm happy, but I don't find this fair. But I also think it's a part of the "luck".

Anyway, feel free to give me some feedback. The vardiff will be not a problem to install, the change from proportional to "Pay Per Last N Shares payout system" will be a bit more tricky.

unick

i don't know what the actual impact of vardiff has for a miner.... I know it adjust the difficulty according to speed but what are the pros/cons?  

As for PPLNS, I am still unsure of the benefits over proportional. I think PPLNS will even out better the payouts.  Still what would be the pros/cons over a significant period? If I don't find any shares for a round, in the proportional system, I don't get paid, but if I don't find a share in a PPLNS round, I still get paid based on the Last N shares right ?

I think, like you said it's part of luck.  If there isn't any significant improvement chosing PPLNS over Proportional I would say don't fix it if it ain't broke. 

Meska

"i don't know what the actual impact of vardiff has for a miner.... I know it adjust the difficulty according to speed but what are the pros/cons?"

For a big miner like you, vardiff will set a really big difficulty, so you will submit "not a lot" of shares, it's more like a "share value"

Share diff 64 = 1

Share diff 128 = 2

etc...

For a big miner like you, it decrease the network load: you're submitting "less" shares to the pool, but your share have more values.

Also, for really small round, like one share, it can be worst (if I set the vardiff it will be between 8 and 128 I think, currently, it's fixed 64).

So for really small round, by submitting less shares, you may earn "less", but by setting a higher diff, you will flood "less" my pool (database INSERt, stuff like this).

But for a really small round, you can get "steal" from a low hashrate user who will have submitted 10 shares with diff 8 instead of you with diff 128...

The fixed diff 64 was really good with network diff at 0.5, with network diff around 2, it may be better to change a bit this value, and why not vardiff.

unick

ok, thanks for clarifying this for me.  My idea was what you said but I wasn't sure.

You are right, diff 64 might be a bit low for the current network diff.  Changing the diff might be a wise decision.  I am still unsure of how it will affect me in the "long run" I don't mind losing on small round as it's based on luck but might be a bummer if I lose overall...  I'd say give a try to vardiff.  Will we be able to fix the value of the diff per miner ?

Also maybe vardiff works better with PPLNS?

Meska

"Will we be able to fix the value of the diff per miner" => not at the begining, the vardiff system tries to do "one share by xx times" and adjust the diff for it. It's still possible, but I'm afraid a big hashrate like you put it at 2 instead of 64, 128, 256 and flood the SQL database.

"Also maybe vardiff works better with PPLNS?"

I will say yes if I set a vardiff between 2 and 256 (with a x2  "model"). My concern after I wrote my suggest message is more about "newbies".

Basic example for this round : https://scrypt.io/hbn/index.php?page=statistics&action=round&height=614853

If vardiff was "on", I will have submitted more share than you, but my reward will still be kind of the same, so I will say : "what the hell is happening, this guy just submitted 1 share, and he's earning more than me".

Also changing the payout method to PPLNS will result to some "loss" I think, but I still can't figure out if it will be "for me" or "for the miners".

If it's for me, it's not a problem, I can cover it easily with the fees. If it's for you, I have no idea how to cover/compensate it. Maybe putting the pool without fees for a couple of days or so...

unick

I am not sure to follow you on that exemple round... I have submitted 10 shares, you 1. If vardiff was on, I understand that your share would be worth more than 1 but if I sent 10, wouldn't my share be worth more also?

And are you saying my hashrate modified the diff value for the pool to 2 instead of 64 ? or am I missing something ?

presstab

I am fine with PPLNS because as I understand it miners that are loyal to the pool receive more reward than pool hoppers.  But if it is too much work to switch to PPLNS then I wouldn't worry too much about it.  As for vardiff,  I have not researched enough on that topic to have a solid opinion.

fonky

I have a small hashrate so my voice counts less but i like the way the pool run right now, why to change ? :P

Meska

The pool was down this morning between 6h30 (GMT+1) to ~9h30.

Didn't look yet into the details, I will investigate this during the day, not sure if I can find something interesting...

Litethis

Hi Meska,

Please send an email to unlock my account on scrypt.io/hbn pool. It is the same user name as mine here. 

Cheers.

Meska

Hi Meska,

Please send an email to unlock my account on scrypt.io/hbn pool. It is the same user name as mine here. 

Cheers.

Your account should be now unlocked.

In my last test (long time ago) the mail stuff for locked account was working great.

Let me know if you have any trouble to login.

Litethis

Your account should be now unlocked.

In my last test (long time ago) the mail stuff for locked account was working great.

Let me know if you have any trouble to login.

When I click the "reset" button for a new password, the next link that opens has "https://scrypt.io/hbn/index.php?page=password" in the URL and the page is blank. No emails are being received from the site also. 

Not complaining! Confused to all hell 'cause all this was working a while back. Can't wait to start mining HBN again with a new cpuminer setup :)