ColdMonkey

Advanced Menu of GRC wallet not working

5 posts in this topic

I installed and set up Boinc and the Gridcoin wallet on Windows 10 a week ago, without any problems. I then purchased 5700 GRC on an exchange and financed the wallet. I duly began mining, and have received a few coins. Over the last few days my balance has grown by 9 coins and everything seems to be functioning. I have also upgraded to version v3.5.8.2-g-research.

However, for some reason none of the links on the Advanced menu of the wallet respond. Clicking them produces no response. I have tried reinstalling the wallet by deleting everything except wallet.dat and the Gridcoinresearch.conf file, and have checked that the wallet is running with administrative permission, nevertheless the items under Advanced still fail to respond even though the remainder of the wallet's functions continue to work.

Is there something I should activate or deactivate in order to access the Advanced menu items? I have read through the forum and the FAQs but can find no reference to anyone having this specific problem with the advanced menu.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Gridcoin%20Sig.jpg?dl=1

ColdMonkey mines Gridcoin with BOINC computations for Science..........

GRC SEJz12X28nbyFo9YzQJuxhofGK84fULqKi

Find out how to help scientific research and mine Gridcoins

http://www.gridcoin.us/

I have still got this problem of none of the Advanced menu functions operate. I have tried completely reinstalling the wallet, and just copying wallet.dat and the conf file back. But all links on the Advanced menu fail to function. All the other features of the wallet are working, and mining is going well. It is just that nothing happens when I click on one of the pull down links of the advanced.

Anyone else with this problem?

Any suggestions?

Gridcoin%20Sig.jpg?dl=1

OK. Managed to get the wallet Advanced Menu to function. In the end I made a copy of the AppData/Roaming/GridcoinResearch directory and saved it to a USB thumb drive. I then uninstalled Gridcoin using Windows 10 apps installation service. Then I used Glary Utility to remove any traces that may exist in the directory, although none were reported. I then did a complete reinstallation using the GridcoinResearch.msi, and installed as a new user. In this new complete installation the Advanced menu features were functioning. I then exited the wallet, and copied my saved GridcoinResearch directory from the thumb drive to the AppData GridcoinResearch directory, overwriting everything. This time upon opening the wallet everything synchronised quickly, and the Advanced Menu functioned. This was the fourth time I tried to reinstall, using the same msi installation file by the way, and on previous occasions the Advanced menu failed to work. I have no explanation of why it worked this time, on not on previous occasions. The only thing new on this attempt was my saving to a thumb drive rather than another part of the hard disk.

Gridcoin%20Sig.jpg?dl=1

I have the same problem. Advanced menu doesn't work, Upgrade/Reboot Client, Rebuild blockchain, Download Blocks crash the wallet. I didn't reinstalled it yet because i never need this functionality tbh. 

I have the same problem. Advanced menu doesn't work, Upgrade/Reboot Client, Rebuild blockchain, Download Blocks crash the wallet. I didn't reinstalled it yet because i never need this functionality tbh. 

Have you fully installed windows updates? What version of windows are you on?

^ Smash that upvote button! ;D

Follow me on:

Github

Twitter

Steemit

SoundCloud (Hangouts)