evoked

Paraleln? Polis | Hackers Congress Prague | Sep 30-Oct 2 2016

37 posts in this topic

Hello friends,

I have been given the opportunity to speak at the hackers congress on this coming Sunday. My talk is 30 min and as a part of it, I would like to cover Gridcoin as an example of a decentralized blockchain application that also returns the computational power to a good use. Some people here know who i am, and for others: i first got involved with Gridcoin in late 2013 or early 2014 - - i cannot exactly remember. I also wrote a three part article for coins source, comparing GRC to foldingcoin and curecoin. Also describing the financial use that was to be implemented by Gridcoin. I would like to also show you some of my videos:

eID Trust in The Digital World | Den Haag, Netherlands 2016 

Hackers Congress Paralelní Polis 2015 | Prague

Decentralized Revolution | Bitcoin Conference | Ukraine

Some other bio information:

BTC2B 2014 - The First Bitcoin To Business Congress - Brussels

Amsterdam Bitcoinference 2014 - Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh-OuU5T5nk

Amsterdam Bitcoinference 2015 Q1

Amsterdam Bitcoinference 2015 Q2

Amsterdam Bitcoinference 2016

Amsterdam Meetups ( Spoken at 6 different meetups)

London Bitcoin Expo 2015

I was mentioned in the following article based on the conference:
https://medium.com/decentralize-everything/bitcoinference-2015-bitcoin-more-than-a-currency-bf1dce32aa1e

European Union - Blockchains for Social Good
https://ec. europa.eu/digital-single-market/en/news/blockchains-social-good

Conversation from the original posts:

What do you think about this?

Cheers :)
traderman, C.M and RTMoney like this

I think it's great to have someone presenting Gridcoin at these conferences. So, just to bring in some of the information from the previous thread. Your fee would be 0.5BTC, which is about 40,000 GRC. I'm assuming this fee is per presentation, no? Or is it a one-time thing? 

Edited by traderman

Cheers :) yeh its been a long road and wouldnt have been able to do it without people sponsoring me. It would be per presentation if you as a community are happy with it. If you have any merchandise as well, i would be happy to hand them out or leave them for people to take. It is definitely not a one-time thing, i dont plan to stop doing these presentations as long as the opportunity continues and allows for it. 

I think it's great to have someone presenting Gridcoin at these conferences. So, just to bring in some of the information from the previous thread. Your fee would be 0.5BTC, which is about 40,000 GRC. I'm assuming this fee is per presentation, no? Or is it a one-time thing? 

We will be needing more time to get a vote started to see whether the foundation pays you, evoked. In case the vote says no, I am willing to donate a fair amount of GRC. Let's say 10k. Maybe others will join?

Would you be willing to do the talk and be paid later? You have 10k for sure from me now IF the vote fails and you do not get 40k from the foundation. OK?

C.M likes this

Wow, you guys are amazing!!! really appreciate the community flow here. I would for sure be okay with it. Take your time, do what you have to, to get the process going. 

I feel confident that it will work out. Thank you for your support :)

We will be needing more time to get a vote started to see whether the foundation pays you, evoked. In case the vote says no, I am willing to donate a fair amount of GRC. Let's say 10k. Maybe others will join?

Would you be willing to do the talk and be paid later? You have 10k for sure from me now IF the vote fails and you do not get 40k from the foundation. OK?

Put me down for 10K, if the vote fails.

Cheers guys!

Quez likes this

I would get a vote going asap, but I wont have access to my main wallet till Tuesday. Maybe someone else would be so kind to pull up a vote? Traderman? CM? :)

Wow, you guys are amazing!!! really appreciate the community flow here. I would for sure be okay with it. Take your time, do what you have to, to get the process going. 

Cheers guys!

10k from me as well if the vote fails.

evoked likes this

Cheers guys!

10k from me as well if the vote fails.

evoked likes this

Cheers :) yeh its been a long road and wouldnt have been able to do it without people sponsoring me. It would be per presentation if you as a community are happy with it. If you have any merchandise as well, i would be happy to hand them out or leave them for people to take. It is definitely not a one-time thing, i dont plan to stop doing these presentations as long as the opportunity continues and allows for it.

Excellent work evoked! Cant throw you any GRC for this but you have my vote.
evoked likes this

I have posted the vote on the Foundation page:

vote.png

I've voted for this expense.

You should make a steem/blog post to bring attention to the expense & inform those who have never used the voting mechanism how they can vote with their client. Check out my steem post for example: https://steemit.com/gridcoin/@cm-steem/gridcoin-poll-what-should-be-the-new-gridcoin-splash-screen

^ Smash that upvote button! ;D

Follow me on:

Github

Twitter

Steemit

SoundCloud (Hangouts)

Hi mates. Can you please update me or send me some links so i can update myself on the progress. Also if there are certain aspects you want me to highlight, that would be great. Anything visual would be nice too -- infographics perhaps or stats, graphs. Cheers :)

I'd probably talk about:

Quez and evoked like this

^ Smash that upvote button! ;D

Follow me on:

Github

Twitter

Steemit

SoundCloud (Hangouts)