C.M

Project name: [email protected]

Project category: Mathematics

Sponsor: Univ. of Wisconsin - Milwaukee, Max Planck Institute

Goals: Search for spinning neutron (pulsars) stars using data from the LIGO gravitational-wave detectors, the Arecibo radio telescope, and the Fermi gamma-ray satellite

Current whitelist status: Whitelisted!

SSL quality: ??? (Down at the moment) https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=https://www.einsteinathome.org/

Links:

Official website: https://www.einsteinathome.org/

Team info: http://einstein.phys.uwm.edu/team_display.php?teamid=13630

Team user rankings: http://einstein.phys.uwm.edu/team_members.php?teamid=13630

Boincstats link: http://boincstats.com/en/stats/5/team/detail/13630

erkan

Einstein site down:

• "The requested URL /server_status.php was not found on this server."

G_UK

Please note that this project is Greylisted due to access to user statistics being blocked in response to the introduction of GDPR regulations in the EU.

Gridcoin representatives have reached out to [email protected] and are awaiting a response with a process through which we can regain access to the required statistics.

It however remains eligible for automatic re-whitelisting should the statistics once again become accessible. There should be no delay required to re-whitelist the project as listing calculations use aggregated statistics which are uneffected by GDPR.

You will not recieve Gridcoin for crunching this project after 8th June 2018

Earl

I've just about had it with projects going missing. Are all the projects going through this policy change thing? I'm Mag 0.0 in my wallet now. I need to know if projects will be added back in.

iFoggz

Things are kind of up in the air right now and we are having conversations about options. When we know more we will put information out. cheers

d_i_v

BOINCstats and Free-DC have been showing stats for this project again for a couple of weeks.  Is there any update on when this project will be available again for Gridcoin reward?

djoser

Hi!

From the [email protected] forum on 11 Jul 2018 14:20:26 UTC:

Again, Gridcoin confirmed they have full access to our data almost a month ago.

and on 13 Jul 2018 8:06:56 UTC:

NeuralMiner (NM) from Gridcoin got back to us and said that they originally planned to reenable our project with the next release. They're now trying to fast-track us such that we should be back "soon-ish".

Given these information i'm curious what is taking so long to reintegrate this project and whitelist it again.

Any news regarding this matter, pretty please?

Regards, djoser.

G_UK

As far as I understand it:

1) A Gridcoin developer has been given an authentication key to access the statistics, hence Einstein saying that Gridcoin has access to the stats.

2) However this key cannot be distributed through the network as this would break the terms by which it has been issued. For this reason the key is incompatible with how the Gridcoin network currently gathers project statistics.

3) The Gridcoin developers are needing to build and test a custom centralised "scraper" to collect statistics just for the Einstein project, this "scraper" is just about done but still needs testing on Testnet and building into a future client release.

• Winner 1

iFoggz

I understand the frustrations  of the community with regards to Einstein. and as @G_UK has pointed out that yes we do have a authentication login to gather the stats and we cannot distribute this key as it would be in breach but also put the gridcoin community as developers at risk if a user decided to abuse the authentication. A centralize scraper is in the work thou there appears to be opposition to centralization as well. We have been looking at options and routes to take for this. I apologize for the waits as well as there is a lot on the plate to deal with at this time as well. Rest assured this has been an active conversation.

djoser

[email protected] anmounced that they will install "new features" concerning the GDPR rules.

See here: 

Will this somehow affect the ability to pull data that's needed for the Gridcoin network, so that the project can be whitelisted again? It was very quiet for the past 3 months...

edit: Sorry...ignore the post, i just read that this will have no effect on Gridcoin...sadly...

Edited by djoser
new information (see edit history)

Aurum

So this new consent setting will not help get Einstein stats into Gridcoin??? I want to catch gravity waves!!!

image.png.8a05f4cf9d5d4342abe5854f1c759daf.png

djoser

Simple answer: NO, it won't.

Gunde [closed]

We got a new poll to whitelist Einstein.

To clear up a few thing Einstein is already in whitelist but as NN nodes do not get access and scraper not working yet to get exportstats corretly. By this it would make the project greylisted.

The info to each project are here: 

It say "Stats unavailable, awaiting stats scraper"

TO get project back we need to fix the issues but you as user could only for now check that your stats would get in exportstats file for now and this is needed when project got back.

Edited by Gunde (see edit history)
  • Like 1

djoser

There are two polls regarding [email protected]:

- Catch gravity waves

and

- [email protected]

The latter has only one option to choose "YES".

What sense makes a poll which has only one possible answer and why are there two polls regarding the same matter? Very confusing...

Edited by djoser
missing word (see edit history)

Aurum
On 12/16/2018 at 6:04 AM, djoser said:

There are two polls regarding [email protected]:

- Catch gravity waves

and

- [email protected]

The latter has only one option to choose "YES".

What sense makes a poll which has only one possible answer and why are there two polls regarding the same matter? Very confusing...

Sorry. I could not find the instructions so I found creating a poll to be a guessing game. Poll form is incomplete.

I looked for a way to delete the two bad polls: [email protected] & PrimeGrid. (Admin please delete them.)

The correct poll is "Catch Gravity Waves."