NEWS
  • WELCOME TO CRYPTOCURRENCYTALK!
  • We've upgraded the website with a lot of new features!
  • 3 NEW THEMES! Click on the + Themes button above!
  • Notice about SOCIAL LINKS: UPDATE YOUR SOCIAL LINKS
  • New video section, add your videos: VIDEO SECTION
  • Advertising will be available shortly, hold tight.
  • If you have any issues with the new site, please submit a support ticket: SUPPORT

Hi. So long story short, HBN is the first PoS coin I ever messed with. I mined some a long time ago and have been staking since. I did buy some awhile back as well just to see how staking changes with the number of coins. Id now like to try solo mining and it seems to be setup right but i havent mined anything in 24 hours. I should have hit something with my hash rate by then. 

Is this coin totally dead or can someone assist here? Thanks

Not dead, just sleepy. I gave up on n mining after i got a couple electric bills.  Staking is the better way to go for me. Have you tried connecting to a pool just to verify it can be done?  Do you need a complete copy of the blockchain in order to solo mine? Maybe you haven't synced with it yet, hence nothing mined? good luck on the mining front. 

I cant even find an active pool to test on.

I have my wallet sync'd.

I tried looking at mining calculators and cant find any that I trust but if you look at the mining info from the wallet it shows the network hashrate is just over 100MH/s, which is pretty low... even a low end Scrypt ASIC should be able to be a pretty decent percent of that.