Fuzzy Duck

Gary,

You are running BOINC projects for yourself and for the Pool. Do either, but not both. If you want to run for the pool, you should detach all projects running for your own account.

I finally got it set up and on the pool with 2 of my 3 computers and have a few projects on the pool and 1 project with Team Gridcoin.

This does not make sense? If you want to earn GRC all your computers should show Team Gridcoin. However, you can either run solo or for the pool.

Suggest you head over the the IIRC channel to get more immediate response.

Edited by Fuzzy Duck (see edit history)

d3v_nu11

Hi,

I joined the pool yesterday having started solo (was crunching and wallet up and running for about a week). Today I had to restart my wallet. The wallet shows CPID is INVESTOR, and the debug log shows primary CPID is corrupted:

03/17/2016 04:56:27 Starting CPID thread...0.000000Primary cpid corrupted 204d178f9b6d4de25297c99fed0ed860 
03/17/2016 04:56:27 Primary cpid corrupted 204d178f9b6d4de25297c99fed0ed860 
03/17/2016 04:56:27 Primary cpid corrupted 204d178f9b6d4de25297c99fed0ed860 

I searched this thread and found nothing. Search more broadly and tried executing resetcpids, but that did not change anything.

Anyone encounter this or have guidance?

Thanks

I just received some help from IRC. It seems the change of CPID to investor is normal, and the user should remove their email from the config file to remove the corrupted cpid messages.

Incoming payments from the pool will look like a transfer transaction and not a PoR mining, because the pool mines PoR and in the pool wallet, and must be distributed to the contributing member's wallets through a transfer.

Gary760

Gary,

You are running BOINC projects for yourself and for the Pool. Do either, but not both. If you want to run for the pool, you should detach all projects running for your own account.

I finally got it set up and on the pool with 2 of my 3 computers and have a few projects on the pool and 1 project with Team Gridcoin.

This does not make sense? If you want to earn GRC all your computers should show Team Gridcoin. However, you can either run solo or for the pool.

Suggest you head over the the IIRC channel to get more immediate response.

Sorry, i must not have made myself clear, I meant solo as in not in the pool.  All projects are with Team Gridcoin. The reason all my project aren't in the pool is that I am almost at my goal of 10 years on Mapping Cancer Markers and the pool does not support WCG.

Edited by Gary760 (see edit history)

DaveyB

I received this message from Bionic: "Message from account manager: Failed to add a project to the pool's database. Please report to Katiee on #GridCoin IRC" but I am having trouble connecting to #GridCoin IRC. What is going wrong?

beaver25

beaver,

A bit confused by your post. When you mine for the pool, then your previous crunching for BOINC is not relevant. 

I would suggest you head over to IIRC channel for detailed assistance. https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net:6667/#gridcoin

I figured it out ,I think , I joined Bam .

Not worried about past work I understand I probably wont get much if anything for that .

One question as I'm still not shore weather I have it working does the wallet need to be open all the time ?

Fuzzy Duck

beaver,

A bit confused by your post. When you mine for the pool, then your previous crunching for BOINC is not relevant. 

I would suggest you head over to IIRC channel for detailed assistance. https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net:6667/#gridcoin

I figured it out ,I think , I joined Bam .

Not worried about past work I understand I probably wont get much if anything for that .

One question as I'm still not shore weather I have it working does the wallet need to be open all the time ?

You don't get any GRC for past work. You don't have to have the wallet open 24/7. However, payments may be less frequent if you don't. It does assist the network if your wallet remains open.

grippler

Can't sync accountmanager, all i get is this message:

GridCoin.co Pool: Notice from BOINC
Message from account manager: Failed to add a project to the pool's database. Please report to Katiee on #GridCoin IRC

I tried reporting on IRC, but i get no response...

DaveyB

I got the same message again of: Message from account manager: Failed to add a project to the pool's database. Please report to Katiee on #GridCoin IRC" @ 8:53 AM on 3/21/16

At the time of this posting, I am currently running the Citizen Science Community project and the Climate Change Prediction project. The Citizen Science project is running, but the climate prediction project is at zero. This should not be the case, I think, because I have set each project to work at 50.

Katiee

Sorry everyone I've been really sick the past couple weeks and IRL work has also had me busy. I did not expect this much traffic to the pool all at once, I will be looking into these errors this week, in the mean time could everyone please tell me which projects seem to be giving this error more often? It could just be a simple case of the database being overloaded at the time of you syncing, but it might be related to a misconfigured project (or more).

For anyone wanting to, you can send me the full files of; "acct_mgr_reply.xml" and "acct_mgr_request.xml" from your BOINC data directory after syncing with the pool and getting that error. This will speed up the process of me finding out what might be causing it. Just PM them to me on the forums, do not post them in this thread. Thank you.

I'll post back here as soon as I figure something out.

jsteele

I am not seeing those files.  

Any idea where those might be located (I'm on Win 10).

I have looked in:

C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\BOINC       //data directory

C:\Program Files\BOINC                                   //install directory

gizmodroid

Sorry everyone I've been really sick the past couple weeks and IRL work has also had me busy. I did not expect this much traffic to the pool all at once, I will be looking into these errors this week, in the mean time could everyone please tell me which projects seem to be giving this error more often? It could just be a simple case of the database being overloaded at the time of you syncing, but it might be related to a misconfigured project (or more).

For anyone wanting to, you can send me the full files of; "acct_mgr_reply.xml" and "acct_mgr_request.xml" from your BOINC data directory after syncing with the pool and getting that error. This will speed up the process of me finding out what might be causing it. Just PM them to me on the forums, do not post them in this thread. Thank you.

I'll post back here as soon as I figure something out.

PMing you now to include those files. For this example, wuprop is breaking the sync (mindmodeling is down, but it doesn't break the sync).

I see the same thing with quite a few projects (I can only remember wuprop, citizen science, and seti).

EDIT: SZTAKI Desktop Grid is also breaking my syncing.

Edited by gizmodroid (see edit history)

beaver25

1. Stats:BTC: $411.571 | GRC: 0.0000275 | Current Magnitude Unit: 0.2

Hide projects with no RAC | * Percent in Pool is updated at each payment ID | Host Name

Pool Host ID | Host Name Project

Name Host ID

in Project RAC

in Project Mag

in Project %

in Pool Est. Gridcoins

(per day) Est. Bitcoins

(per day) Est. USD

(1 day) / (30 days) Totals: 0.00 0.00 0.00% 0.00000000 0.00000000 $0.00/$0.00

2. Hello Katie I think I have a problem . When I go to the profile page at the pool in the stats there is no project or I.D or host above is a copy of what it says . It's been a few days so it should have updated
  3. Also in the projects Tab in Bionic I do not see
  4. To verify projects are researching for the pool, "pool.gridcoin.co" will be shown under "Account" in BOINC's "Projects" tab.
  5. Yes I have done this "Use account manager..." and enter "http://pool.gridcoin.co"in the "Account manager URL" box."
  6. I have not however done this "For BOINC versions prior to 7.6.10

    Run "boinccmd --join_acct_mgr http://pool.gridcoin.co YOUR_EMAIL YOUR_PASSWORD" from the install directory"

7. I'm running the latest version of Bionic 7.6.22 so I have not done the above as I read Andrews post saying it would be fixed in future versions after 7.6.9
  8. I'm now wondering if it has been fixed ?????
  9. Also even if I uncheck the hide project with no RAC it looks the same

beaver25

Stats:

BTC: $410.738 | GRC: 0.00003001 | Current Magnitude Unit: 0.2

Hide projects with no RAC | * Percent in Pool is updated at each payment

ID | Host Name

Pool Host ID | Host Name Project

Name Host ID

in Project RAC

in Project Mag

in Project %

in Pool Est. Gridcoins

(per day) Est. Bitcoins

(per day) Est. USD

(1 day) / (30 days) Totals: 0.00 0.00 0.00% 0.00000000 0.00000000 $0.00/$0.00

ops sorry Katie didn't quiet display the right way so i'll try to post the profile again

nmill12

Is there still a chance that World Community Grid (WCG) will be added to the pool? I have been doing work units there for a while now (I understand that previous research doesn't contribute to the pool/earning GRC; my point is) and I like the type of research they are doing - things involving trying to find cures for ebola and AIDS, mapping genomes, and protein folding. I just joined the pool recently and added a couple other projects to my computer (Citizen Science Grid and [email protected], as well as Gridcoin Finance which seems to be working again?) but I still have some jobs from WCG to finish up. 

Just curious, and I don't expect an immediate reply - your health and job are more urgent at this point, I would guess!

Thanks for setting up the pool!!

Greentwilight

GridCoin.co Pool: Notice from BOINC
Message from account manager: Failed to add a project to the pool's database. Please report to Katiee on #GridCoin IRC

Please help!! Followed all the steps and get this message when i sync with the pool.