351 posts in this topic

Hey Katiee - 

I just reinstalled my boinc again (again. . . and again. . . ) and everything is doing ok. Connected to the pool, synced ok, got projects running. 

Citizen Science Grid is displaying no Team ( as in Gridcoin ) when it attaches to my boinc. I tried to detach in the manager, sync in boinc, attach in the manager, sync in boinc, but the same condition continues.

We do not get credit if it is not attached to the gridcoin team, I don't think. .. . so could you look at that soon, as they just did get WUs, which is kind of rare!!

Cheers

Brew

Fixed. Our account got deleted over there because it was inactive with no RAC for awhile, since no one was using it, I had to recreate it and just forgot to join the team.. sorry. Everything should be fine now.

Everything is fine now, WUs researching away for the pool!! Thank you again for the rapid response.

Cheers

Brew

Hi Folks, I have set up my pool account and its working fine on 2 of my PCs but when I try and attach to the pool with a google cloud virtual machine no projects are attached. Connecting to the pool works fine and the VM shows in my profile page, i have attached projects in the profile page but the VM does not show as being attached and has not work to do. Any ideas? the VM is ubuntu command line, boinc is installed and works.

thanks

Hi Folks, I have set up my pool account and its working fine on 2 of my PCs but when I try and attach to the pool with a google cloud virtual machine no projects are attached. Connecting to the pool works fine and the VM shows in my profile page, i have attached projects in the profile page but the VM does not show as being attached and has not work to do. Any ideas? the VM is ubuntu command line, boinc is installed and works.

thanks

I don't know much about BOINC on linux, but if you could post any logs during the sync of the pool's account manager that should help in finding the issue. I'm not sure where those logs are saved to, but in Windows it's under "Event Log" in the client. Also the "acct_mgr_reply.xml" file located in the BOINC data directory might prove useful too. You did force a resync on the account manager after attaching projects on the profile page for your VM host, right? If not it will take 2 hours for it to automatically sync.

Just to be clear, no projects at all are showing up in BOINC? Or are they showing up but have no work?

gridcoin.co - GridCoin Magnitude/Earnings Calculator

pool.gridcoin.co - GridCoin.co Pool (beta) - New GridCoin Research Pool!

I will have a look at what you suggest when I get home from work. the vm is attached in the pool profile page but no projects are coming down to the vm

I will have a look at what you suggest when I get home from work. the vm is attached in the pool profile page but no projects are coming down to the vm

Did you ever solve your problem?

Yes Thank you I did get it sported, not sure what was wrong but when I went home from work it was fine, Must have been something to do my works WIFI. I do have another question, could I use my mobile to mine on the pool, i have tried to use the android boinc app but it wont allow me to add the pool url, is there an alternative you could recommend?

Thanks

I don't know anything about the mobile versions of BOINC. But I have heard about there not being a way to enter account manager URLs before. Not sure if there are any alternative mobile clients out there, sorry.

I could setup a page for people with the details of how to add pool projects manually, without the need of the account manager itself. But then that would require linking your hosts manually to your pool account as well.. which currently would not really be feasible. I may look into ways of allowing people to manually add pool projects with some kind of automatic host linking, if that would even be possible. I'm getting a few ideas right now thinking of that, so it might be.

But for the foreseeable future I suppose mobile hosts are not going to work on the pool. If I come up with any solutions I'll make sure to announce it.

How to Get Started

1. Create an account here.

2. Install BOINC if you haven't already.

3. Run BOINC.

4. In your BOINC client make sure "Advanced view..." is selected from "View > Advanced view...".

5. Now go to "Tools > Use account manager..." and enter "http://pool.gridcoin.co"in the "Account manager URL" box.

6. Click "Next" and fill out your login details, then "Next" again.

Result:

F4WJCBG.jpg

I am stuck!

NewGuy and jjmaatta like this

How to Get Started

1. Create an account here.

2. Install BOINC if you haven't already.

3. Run BOINC.

4. In your BOINC client make sure "Advanced view..." is selected from "View > Advanced view...".

5. Now go to "Tools > Use account manager..." and enter "http://pool.gridcoin.co"in the "Account manager URL" box.

6. Click "Next" and fill out your login details, then "Next" again.

Result: Failed to add...

Same here! Windows 8.1. BOINC Manager 7.6.22 (x64)

From BOINC Manager Event log:

3/5/2016 11:52:52 PM |  | Fetching configuration file from http://pool.gridcoin.co/get_project_config.php

3/5/2016 11:53:09 PM |  | Contacting account manager at http://pool.gridcoin.co/

3/5/2016 11:53:10 PM |  | Account manager: Welcome to the GridCoin.co Pool beta test! Please report any problems to Katiee on #GridCoin IRC.

3/5/2016 11:53:10 PM | GridCoin.co Pool | Message from account manager: acct_mgr_request.xml not valid XML!

Help :-)

The solution provided here: https://github.com/BOINC/boinc/issues/1470

Doesn't work for me. I changed my global prefs from within Universe@home and updated the project in the BOINC Manager (I clicked the use Web preferences, to override local settings),  to get the global prefs fetched from there. After this, attaching to the account manager FAILED.

I just joined the pool yesterday and I have a quick question.

I was poking around inside the Gridcoin wallet and under Advanced > Advanced Configuration there is an option for pool mining, should I tick that?

No, that option is useless, I don't even know why Rob hasn't removed it yet.

I just joined the pool yesterday and I have a quick question.

I was poking around inside the Gridcoin wallet and under Advanced > Advanced Configuration there is an option for pool mining, should I tick that?

I have joined the pool, I wonder which projects to choose?

I have two machines:

1. i5-6500, GeForce GTX 960, Intel® HD Graphics 530

2. i5-2300, GeForce GT 220

My magnitude is 110 at the moment:

32 from atlas

11 from collatz (uses GT 220 and Intel Graphics)

32 from enigma (uses cpu)

33 from gpugrid (uses GTX 960)

Should I make any changes to the projects I am contributing to to optimize my mining for the pool?

Thank you.

Edited by dmitrykiev

May I ask one more question?

Why does collatz conjecture still getting CPU tasks despite the fact that I checked No CPU checkbox for this project in my profile on the http://pool.gridcoin.co/ website?