349 posts in this topic

Hi,

I cannot connect to the Account Manager using BOINC 7.2.42 from the Ubuntu repos.

I created an account on pool.gridcoin.co and am able to log into the webpage using my credentials. However, when I try to attach to the Account Manager (via boinccmd) using the same credentials, the following error occurs:

poll status: operation in progress
poll status: operation in progress
poll status: unexpected XML tag or syntax

BOINC Manager tells me this:

GridCoin.co Pool: Notice from BOINC
Message from account manager: Wrong Email or Password.

Error in acct_mgr_reply.xml also is "Wrong Email or Password.". If I try to attach to the account manager via the BOINC Manager, the exact same error occurs.

If this is relevant: I already have many projects added manually to my BOINC Manager instance.

Any idea what could cause the error?

Edited by m4gu5

Hmm, that is odd..

Are you using any weird special characters in your password? If you are able to login via the webpage, and are 100% sure you are typing it right in BOINC, then it could be that BOINC is handling special character oddly when passing it to me. You could try changing your password here: http://pool.gridcoin.co/login/reset/

It would be very helpful if you could send me your current password, or at least an example of what it's like, I may be able to debug it further and see what the issue is. However, don't feel required to do so. ♥

gridcoin.co - GridCoin Magnitude/Earnings Calculator

pool.gridcoin.co - GridCoin.co Pool (beta) - New GridCoin Research Pool!

Hey Katiee,

when I initially created my account yesterday evening I chose a very long password containing special chars. When the described error first occurred, I reset my password to a much shorter one that does not contain any special chars. (It was also my first thought that the special chars might cause the issue)

I'm using a password manager from which I copy the password. So it's 100% sure that I used the same password for logging into the webpage and trying to attach the Account Manager. :/

Edited by m4gu5

Next payment just went out ♥ http://pool.gridcoin.co/payments/

Our magnitude is growing nicely, but we can do better! Tell all your friends how easy it is to mine Gridcoins and how doing so will save the world! :D

Also, remember, I have an upcoming ranking competition that will reward the top 3 account magnitudes on the pool! So get those RACs up so you have a better headstart! I'll be announcing this officially soon with more details.

If anyone else encounters the "Wrong Email or Password" error upon trying to attach to the account manager (and is sure having entered the correct credentials), please have a look at the issue Katiee created on GitHub: acct_mgr_request.xml - Not valid XML

Temporary workaround:

1. Log into the webpage of any BOINC project you are attached to other than WCG

2. Click on "Computing preferences"

3. Scroll down, click "Edit preferences"

4. Change any value, scroll down, click "Update preferences"

5. Click on "Edit preferences" again and change back the previously adjusted value, save

6. Go to your BOINC manager, in the "Projects" tab select the project where you just modified your preferences, click Update

7. Try attaching to the pool again, it should now work

Edited by m4gu5

If anyone else encounters the "Wrong Email or Password" error upon trying to attach to the account manager (and is sure having entered the correct credentials), please have a look at the issue Katiee created on GitHub: acct_mgr_request.xml - Not valid XML

Temporary workaround:

1. Log into the webpage of any BOINC project you are attached to other than WCG

2. Click on "Computing preferences"

3. Scroll down, click "Edit preferences"

4. Change any value, scroll down, click "Update preferences"

5. Click on "Edit preferences" again and change back the previously adjusted value, save

6. Go to your BOINC manager, in the "Projects" tab select the project where you just modified your preferences, click Update

7. Try attaching to the pool again, it should now work

I've actually added a new error message to the account manager for cases of invalid XML. So now users will see

<error>acct_mgr_request.xml not valid XML!</error>
if this happens to them. It will then block them from attempting to log in.

I've also improved general server side debugging for many issues that might happen, my server side logs will now debug issues relating to connection problems in hopes of making it easier to figure out what might be causing it.

So if anyone else has any connection issues with the pool, or just any issues in general, please let me know as soon as possible when they happen, or at least give me a time frame of when they happened and I will be able to look them up in the logs.

Payment just went out! http://pool.gridcoin.co/payments/

This was the first test of the new automatic payment script, at the moment I am still running the script manually, but it is completely automatic in that it uses the wallet RPC. After a few days of testing this I will setup the cron job to automatically run this a few times per day. (It checks the balance before actually sending out a payment, currently it's set to be greater then 10 GRC, meaning I can run this however often I want without worrying if we actually have a balance to send out or not. Once we hit more then 10 GRC, and the script runs, a payment would be sent out). Once we start getting larger staking rewards I may modify the script to run as soon as the wallet stakes a block.

Happy researching everyone! ♥

Hey Katiee - 

I just reinstalled my boinc again (again. . . and again. . . ) and everything is doing ok. Connected to the pool, synced ok, got projects running. 

Citizen Science Grid is displaying no Team ( as in Gridcoin ) when it attaches to my boinc. I tried to detach in the manager, sync in boinc, attach in the manager, sync in boinc, but the same condition continues.

We do not get credit if it is not attached to the gridcoin team, I don't think. .. . so could you look at that soon, as they just did get WUs, which is kind of rare!!

Cheers

Brew

Edited by brewsmith

Hey Katiee - 

I just reinstalled my boinc again (again. . . and again. . . ) and everything is doing ok. Connected to the pool, synced ok, got projects running. 

Citizen Science Grid is displaying no Team ( as in Gridcoin ) when it attaches to my boinc. I tried to detach in the manager, sync in boinc, attach in the manager, sync in boinc, but the same condition continues.

We do not get credit if it is not attached to the gridcoin team, I don't think. .. . so could you look at that soon, as they just did get WUs, which is kind of rare!!

Cheers

Brew

Fixed. Our account got deleted over there because it was inactive with no RAC for awhile, since no one was using it, I had to recreate it and just forgot to join the team.. sorry. Everything should be fine now.

Hey Katiee - 

Cheers

Brew

Fixed. Our account got deleted over there because it was inactive with no RAC for awhile, since no one was using it, I had to recreate it and just forgot to join the team.. sorry. Everything should be fine now.

Very cool and thank you for the rapid response! I switched over to solo with it while it was not working in the pool, but as soon as the solo WUs run out, I will switch it back to the pool!! 

Thanks again Katiee, keep up the great work!

Brew