344 posts in this topic

The first official pool payment went out. We are now all caught up, I will be doing these more regularly now.

I threw in 100 GRC from my own pocket just to say thanks once again for sticking with me while I get the pool stable and add new features. ♥

http://www.gridresearchcorp.com/gridcoin/?transaction_detail&txid=77e8c15a343bc28f0b6f5d623f1721a30098fdcc49670dd171ea390b1a45ea6c

http://explorer.gridcoin.asia/tx/77e8c15a343bc28f0b6f5d623f1721a30098fdcc49670dd171ea390b1a45ea6c

The new profile / project settings page is done! However I still have some more work to do on the account manager side. I will also have to take down the website and account manager for a bit while I make some changes to the database, this should happen sometime tomorrow, I will post here before doing so.

Hey Katiee and all you poolers out there! I have been down for the last 2 days, with no OS on my machine. I dumped windows 10 because it kept having issues with the wallet and was locking up running boinc. I have switched to Ubuntu and am back up and running now.

Thank you Katiee for the pool payment, most excellent! I do appreciate you throwing in the extra GRC for us, however, seriously, it is not necessary. I have no problem with just waiting for my own cut from my own grinding. It is really a privilege to be able to use the pool to try to increase my own GRC, so stop throwing your GRC at us and let us earn it!!

Very excited about the new profile/project settings page, really looking forward to it. I know you have been really working hard to get it going. Cheers!

There is no worry about taking down your site to do the upgrade, I have enough projects stacked up that having a delay in uploading is no issue. Do what you gotta do!!

Again, thank you for all the work you are doing for all of us, I for one really do appreciate your great work!

Brew

spassbold likes this

Cool Katie!

So now we can also promote the pool to newbies right?

The singularity will happen within a currency.

Cool Katie!

So far I have had feed back quoting the pools website where it says - 

What doesn't work:

  Pool obtaining GridCoins from the network

  Payments

. . . so I am waiting until katiee is ready to take that down. Once we get into established payments, then I will spread around the 'join the pool' because I think it will really take off!!

Cheers!!

Edited by brewsmith

Cool Katie!

So far I have had feed back quoting the pools website where it says - 

What doesn't work:

  Pool obtaining GridCoins from the network

  Payments

. . . so I am waiting until katiee is ready to take that down. Once we get into established payments, then I will spread around the 'join the pool' because I think it will really take off!!

Cheers!!

I will update the front page and remove that once I get the new profile, project settings, account manager and database changes all pushed lived and tested for a couple days. Then I will start promoting the pool more myself as well.

The new changes should go live sometime tomorrow at the latest. I just finished the account manager changes and everything seems to be working well. As for the database changes, I really just have to rename some tables and do some cleanup (I'll be deleteing all hosts/projects that haven't got any RAC), then after a bit more testing if everything seems fine, I'll make everything live.

My next step for the pool is overall stats and leaderboards, then.. I have plans to add achievements/rewards based on the leaderboards. Haven't decided exactly what I'll do for it, but maybe to start off I'll do something simple like rewarding the top 3 researching every week/month some bonus GRC :D We'll see. If anyone has any ideas for that, please let me know! I have funds set aside for pool stuff, so don't worry about me! The extra GRC is earned by you all! For sticking with me and continuing to use the pool! It's a small investment for me. :P

Edited by Katiee
spassbold, traderman and dc7d like this

gridcoin.co - GridCoin Magnitude/Earnings Calculator

pool.gridcoin.co - GridCoin.co Pool (beta) - New GridCoin Research Pool!

Katiee, awesome work as usual. I think this pool will definitely bring in a lot of new people to the GRC economy.

Testing for the new changes coming to the pool are going well. I should be able to make them live tomorrow morning/afternoon (EST).

I threw together a simple leaderboard for the moment, which I will expand on soon.

http://pool.gridcoin.co/test_public/stats/

We've staked a couple blocks since the last payment, so I will try to do another one after the changes go live tomorrow. (if they do :P)

Once again, thank you to everyone for helping out and getting our magnitude started! I will be rewarding some GRC to the top users on the leaderboard at some point, so get crunching everyone!

Edited by Katiee

Testing for the new changes coming to the pool are going well. I should be able to make them live tomorrow morning/afternoon (EST).

I threw together a simple leaderboard for the moment, which I will expand on soon.

http://pool.gridcoin.co/test_public/stats/

We've staked a couple blocks since the last payment, so I will try to do another one after the changes go live tomorrow. (if they do :P)

Once again, thank you to everyone for helping out and getting our magnitude started! I will be rewarding some GRC to the top users on the leaderboard at some point, so get crunching everyone!

Excellent update, thank you Katiee !! Great view of the pool stats, I am hoping to be able to start consistently contributing today - still fighting my boinc to see my gpus. . . I am looking forward to the new manager! 

As always, keep up the great works Katiee, you are doing a great job!!

Cheers,

Brewsmithy

The new profile and account manager/database changes are now live! Please let me know if you notice any weird behavior.

The old project link settings are not read by the account manager anymore, so that means you will have to setup your projects again on the profile page. Everyone's projects are most likely going to be detached until you readd them, I'm sorry about that.

Also if your host is not showing up on the settings, you will need to sync the account manager first so it can grab your host information.

Edited by Katiee

The "How to get Started" guide on the front page has been updated. http://pool.gridcoin.co/

I'd appreciate it if everyone could look over it and give me any feedback regarding how clear and easy it is to follow.

With that I am ready to start promoting the pool more after a couple days of letting these new changes run in the live environment. So PLEASE, let me know if you see any issues with the profile, account manager, or anything else! ♥

I have now tried to setup projects on the new profile page and sync with two of my hosts, but I'm getting blank results. No projects, no tasks, after syncing with the pool.gridcoin.co manager.

I have tried everything I can think of, from simply adding projects to the host on  the profile and syncing, to entirely detaching from the pool manager, removing all projects and adding the manager again. The event log greets me with successful logins and "fetching configuration file..." but no joy.

Edited by cibban

I have now tried to setup projects on the new profile page and sync with two of my hosts, but I'm getting blank results. No projects, no tasks, after syncing with the pool.gridcoin.co manager.

I have tried everything I can think of, from simply adding projects to the host on  the profile and syncing, to entirely detaching from the pool manager, removing all projects and adding the manager again. The event log greets me with successful logins and "fetching configuration file..." but no joy.

After you saved the settings on the profile, when you refresh the page do the new settings show up as expected?

Could you provide me with the full event log output from "Contacting account manager at http://pool.gridcoin.co/" and onward, as well as your "acct_mgr_reply.xml" file in your BOINC data directory? This should help in figuring out what is going on.

Edited by Katiee

Yes, it looks just fine on the profile page even after logging out and in again. I'll get you those files as soon as I get home.

Try it now, I think I found the problem and have implemented a fix. There was an issue with attaching projects if you did not already have any existing projects in BOINC. It should work now.

I've added GRC/BTC/USD estimated earnings to the profile page.

I've also setup this page http://pool.gridcoin.co/payments/ for displaying pool payments/transactions. I'll update it each time a payment goes out.

Right now payments are still semi manual, but I will be working on making this more automatic this week.

Edit:

Links to the Rankings and Payments pages have been added to the main site header

Edited by Katiee