349 posts in this topic

my assumption this regarding pool.

wcg is whitelisted yes but doesnt support weak key if i remember properly and weak key is used to give partial access to the pools account to attach/detach a host without giving full access. the check boxes like for example Cpu if u check it u wont get cpu tasks but from my experience it sometimes takes a bit to work as i did get a few cpu tasks for a day before i stopped receiving them. the check boxes are for "no"

iFoggz,

Okay, thanks. My other main CPU project is Rosetta, but that doesn't seem to in the available projects, either. Same problem?

I'll experiment more with the settings and try leaving them for longer to see what happens, like you suggest. Thank you for your reply.

Thanks for building this Katiee!

Looks like a great way to get more payouts for crunchers just starting out/with low balances.

Very simple to use.

I'm signed up.

Please can someone let me know the status? I cannot see my profile onsite from wayback. Many thanks :)

Hello guys,

Im still a newbie in Gridcoin but also more newbie in Gridcoin Pool, so i have some doubts

I have 3 pcs crunching 24/7 and i control all with BAM. I by myself have a magnitude of 140 and growing.
Is there advantages to change from BAM to Gridcoin pool??? I know that are different things, but tis impossible to continue with BAM using Grdicoin Pool right??

Do you think with gridcoin pool i will get more magnitude and by consequence have more and quicker payments??

Thanks

Hello guys,

Im still a newbie in Gridcoin but also more newbie in Gridcoin Pool, so i have some doubts

I have 3 pcs crunching 24/7 and i control all with BAM. I by myself have a magnitude of 140 and growing.

Is there advantages to change from BAM to Gridcoin pool??? I know that are different things, but tis impossible to continue with BAM using Grdicoin Pool right??

Do you think with gridcoin pool i will get more magnitude and by consequence have more and quicker payments??

Thanks

It depends on your crunching power however, I'd go solo for now until you know the set up for solo inside out. If they are windows, please ensure you are updated with SP and patches, have decent anti virus and malware protection. This is a good rootkits Beta tool from Malware bytes https://www.malwarebytes.com/antirootkit/. No advantages for Pool over solo as it stands at the moment. Backup your wallets regular. Use/buy spyshelter and malwarebytes etc. I know you want to see payments very soon however, it takes time. Even if you mine just one GRC it may be worth $1000 one day....who knows! 

Posted (edited)

Hello guys,

Thanks

It depends on your crunching power however, I'd go solo for now until you know the set up for solo inside out. If they are windows, please ensure you are updated with SP and patches, have decent anti virus and malware protection. This is a good rootkits Beta tool from Malware bytes https://www.malwarebytes.com/antirootkit/. No advantages for Pool over solo as it stands at the moment. Backup your wallets regular. Use/buy spyshelter and malwarebytes etc. I know you want to see payments very soon however, it takes time. Even if you mine just one GRC it may be worth $1000 one day....who knows! 

Im using windows in 3 PCs,but i have all updated and with a good antivirus protection.

For mining solo i think i have good power crunchers, one i7, one i5 and one xeon octacore, with one Nvidia GTX650 TI, AMD Radeon R7 360 and one old Nvidia GT9600.

You think that in pool i cannot get more magnitude???Uhm, ok thanks for your opinion!!!

Edited by MeGaBeSuNTa

Posted (edited)

Hello guys,

Thanks

Im using windows in 3 PCs,but i have all updated and with a good antivirus protection.

For mining solo i think i have good power crunchers, one i7, one i5 and one xeon octacore, with one Nvidia GTX650 TI, AMD Radeon R7 360 and one old Nvidia GT9600.

You think that in pool i cannot get more magnitude???Uhm, ok thanks for your opinion!!!

Yes it is only my opinion. Try things out of course. If you have GPU then crunch on those. If you have money look at the new AMD CPU's coming out. Like GPU but with low power consumption. You might even consider selling kit to make 1 new set up. The cost/benefits are shifting https://www.scan.co.uk/products/amd-ryzen-5-1600x-s-am4-six-core-12-thread-36ghz-40ghz-turbo-16mb-cache-95w-cpu-retail

Whatever you decide have fun with it. All the best

Edited by big_swifty

Posted (edited)

Guys to be able to stake takes a lot of balance these days. I suggest a balance of AT LEAST 10k GRC to stake on your own within a feasible timeframe. Currently, magnitude does not count into the equation of how fast you stake, the bug has been reported.
If you have a balance below 10k GRC, I suggest joining the pool until you have enough GRC to stake on your own regularly. You could go pool mode with 2 of your PCs and the third could stay solo, the one running your wallet. That way you do not have to setup everything again :)

If you have 10k GRC, you will stake once a month as a rough(!) estimate. The more GRC you have the more likely you will stake more often than once a month.

Also I suggest taking a look at grcpool.com as an alternative to the pool.gridcoin.co as Katiee seems to be gone (Katiee if you read this, you could respond to our emails please) and grcpool.com is actively being developed and has lower fees (nearly none).

Edited by Quez
Dongleberry likes this

Posted (edited)

Guys to be able to stake takes a lot of balance these days. I suggest a balance of AT LEAST 10k GRC to stake on your own within a feasible timeframe. Currently, magnitude does not count into the equation of how fast you stake, the bug has been reported.

If you have a balance below 10k GRC, I suggest joining the pool until you have enough GRC to stake on your own regularly. You could go pool mode with 2 of your PCs and the third could stay solo, the one running your wallet. That way you do not have to setup everything again :)

If you have 10k GRC, you will stake once a month as a rough(!) estimate. The more GRC you have the more likely you will stake more often than once a month.

Also I suggest taking a look at grcpool.com as an alternative to the pool.gridcoin.co as Katiee seems to be gone (Katiee if you read this, you could respond to our emails please) and grcpool.com is actively being developed and has lower fees (nearly none).

Thanks, i think i will do that to try out and see the results

Just one question: If i have my 2 pcs on the pool and the third (The one with the wallet) solo, will that affect my solo magnitude???

Will it grow or will go down???

But if i go out of BAM in 2 pcs i will have to finish the tasks im currently doing, or else i will loose them, rigth?

Best regards!!

Edited by MeGaBeSuNTa

Can I suggest simply buying Gridcoin? 10K GRC is $66 USD. Then you will be set to lever if the price rises.

Quez likes this

Can I suggest simply buying Gridcoin? 10K GRC is $66 USD. Then you will be set to lever if the price rises.

Good suggestion.

If two of your computers go to pool mode, they can not longer contribute to your own CPID's magnitude. Thus, it will decrease slowly until it reaches the point stable point of your solo mining device.

Posted (edited)

Hi Katiee,

I'm not seeing all of my projects get credit on gridcoin.co that I see in BOINC.

CPID 2b6a49ab27da3921c0657b84f2c35446

Z3itgeist Media LLC

Thanks for your help!

Edited by z3itgeist_media

Hi Katiee,

I'm not seeing all of my projects get credit on gridcoin.co that I see in BOINC.

CPID 2b6a49ab27da3921c0657b84f2c35446

Z3itgeist Media LLC

Thanks for your help!

Come away from that pool and either solo mine or go to www.grcpool.com. Sorry you were inconvenienced. Please just ask here or go to irc (search online for irc Gridcoin) for help. All the best.