349 posts in this topic

I am I am as fast as I can, I am!! Ok at this very moment the grinding machine is locked up because, well, ok you tweak till you break something, right? I must be doing it correctly then, cause. . . it appears I broke it. . . again. . . 

Anyway, hopefully at some point the system will get caught up and we should start showing some magnitude. The majority of my boinc is on the pool (except for the projects the pools doesn't have yet, soon, soon. . ).

Ok keep up the great works and thank you again for what you do so well!!

:)

Regarding the other projects:

We were able to add all projects because we gave away the BAM weak key that automatically added all projects to a client, just like it was your own cpid. I guess your system, with an own manager, works different. ..

Are you 100% sure of this, because I've looked into more and these projects use an older version of the BOINC server that doesn't have weak auths.. There is no way BAM! could get weak auth for these projects. If they did truly work on the old pool then that must mean BAM! was sending the full auth key to people, which is BAAAAD, anyone can see these keys in the acct_mgr_reply.xml in the BOINC data dir.. Which would give them full access to the account on that project. If there is anyway you could login to the old pool's BAM! with the weak auth, in BOINC, and check that xml file to see, that would be a huge help. If BAM! was actually sending weak auths from those projects.. then I really dunno what I'm missing here.

gridcoin.co - GridCoin Magnitude/Earnings Calculator

pool.gridcoin.co - GridCoin.co Pool (beta) - New GridCoin Research Pool!

:)

Regarding the other projects:

We were able to add all projects because we gave away the BAM weak key that automatically added all projects to a client, just like it was your own cpid. I guess your system, with an own manager, works different. ..

Are you 100% sure of this, because I've looked into more and these projects use an older version of the BOINC server that doesn't have weak auths.. There is no way BAM! could get weak auth for these projects. If they did truly work on the old pool then that must mean BAM! was sending the full auth key to people, which is BAAAAD, anyone can see these keys in the acct_mgr_reply.xml in the BOINC data dir.. Which would give them full access to the account on that project. If there is anyway you could login to the old pool's BAM! with the weak auth, in BOINC, and check that xml file to see, that would be a huge help. If BAM! was actually sending weak auths from those projects.. then I really dunno what I'm missing here.

Feel free to try it yourself : 194023_d2cef202fb48c1734e07e8b58821fe71

I am on a trip, only mobile. But if I can somehow help more, I will ASAP

I struggled today trying to make the new profile page look good with all the project settings, but I think I'm pretty close to the final page layout/design.

As for the backend stuff related to project settings.. I should be able to get that all sorted out by Monday, we'll see. I'm having to reorganize some database tables, then I'll have to test everything before making it live.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! ♥

Edited by Katiee

Hey ho,

today i got a massage from BOINC, i thnik you tryed to send us something?

but there was a error:

http://pool.gridcoin.co/:Notice from BOINC
Nachricht vom Kontomanager: transient HTTP error
26.12.2015 11:53:42

Hope that will help you

GRC, for a better World.

GRC: S4umDxgB5ztAat3qWAWqG58UgWpKSf35j6

Hey ho,

but there was a error:

Hope that will help you

Have you still been getting this error? If you still get this sometimes, please PM me the contents of your acct_mgr_reply.xml file in your BOINC data directory right after it occurs. Thanks.

Katiee, 

Question from the IRC I couldn't answer -- ButtoningSole02 is there a way to reset password on the pools website?

http://pool.gridcoin.co/login/reset/ should now work. If not, let me know.

Added that link to the login page as well.

Edited by Katiee

Hey ho,

but there was a error:

Hope that will help you

Have you still been getting this error? If you still get this sometimes, please PM me the contents of your acct_mgr_reply.xml file in your BOINC data directory right after it occurs. Thanks.

Katiee, 

Question from the IRC I couldn't answer -- ButtoningSole02 is there a way to reset password on the pools website?

http://pool.gridcoin.co/login/reset/ should now work. If not, let me know.

Added that link to the login page as well.

Katiee it works great! Thank you for the hard work!

Hello Gridcoin Co Pool,

Katiee, I have started a thread on reddit to promote the pool, and the most frequent comment from people looking into it are about if payments are working yet or not. 

Is this still correct? -- "  What doesn't work:

  Pool obtaining GridCoins from the network
  Payments

Thank you again for your work, you are doing a wonderful job!! 

Brew

Spent a little more time on the new profile / project settings. Let me know what you all think of it and if you have any ideas/suggestions for the design/layout of the page. The backend still needs to be updated before I switch over to it, so there is still time for me to make some changes before then.

profileUpdate.png

profileUpdate2.png

Also, on another note, it seems our magnitude is high enough to stake pretty much every day now. I'll most likely do our first real payment tomorrow. I would have liked to have the new profile done before then, but I still need a couple more days before pushing that live. We'll see.

I just want to say thanks to everyone who has joined the pool and for bearing with me through our start up phase, I really appreciate it! None of this would be possible without you all. ♥

Edited by Katiee

Spent a little more time on the new profile / project settings. Let me know what you all think of it and if you have any ideas/suggestions for the design/layout of the page. The backend still needs to be updated before I switch over to it, so there is still time for me to make some changes before then.

profileUpdate.png

profileUpdate2.png

Also, on another note, it seems our magnitude is high enough to stake pretty much every day now. I'll most likely do our first real payment tomorrow. I would have liked to have the new profile done before then, but I still need a couple more days before pushing that live. We'll see.

I just want to say thanks to everyone who has joined the pool and for bearing with me through our start up phase, I really appreciate it! None of this would be possible without you all. ♥

It looks great! I am excited to see it when you get ready. As far as when payments come out, I personally am happy to wait until you are ready, so finish the profile if you want to, the added balance in the pool wallet wont hurt any of us. 

Also, just to be really clear, none of this would be possible without you. We are users, and are testing, YOUR work. . .  so very much, thank you for what you do. 

Cheers!!

Brewsmithy

profileUpdate.png

profileUpdate2.png

I love it^^

GRC, for a better World.

I've received a couple of small transactions. Could it be the pool that's starting to pay out?

Nope the new Client ha a projekt rain

cibban likes this

GRC, for a better World.

The first official pool payment went out. We are now all caught up, I will be doing these more regularly now.

I threw in 100 GRC from my own pocket just to say thanks once again for sticking with me while I get the pool stable and add new features. ♥

http://www.gridresearchcorp.com/gridcoin/?transaction_detail&txid=77e8c15a343bc28f0b6f5d623f1721a30098fdcc49670dd171ea390b1a45ea6c
http://explorer.gridcoin.asia/tx/77e8c15a343bc28f0b6f5d623f1721a30098fdcc49670dd171ea390b1a45ea6c

The new profile / project settings page is done! However I still have some more work to do on the account manager side. I will also have to take down the website and account manager for a bit while I make some changes to the database, this should happen sometime tomorrow, I will post here before doing so.

Edited by Katiee