Tranz

Windows 64 Build

Tranz

So I have been working on getting a native Windows 64 bit build working.

I have compiled all the necessary libs with the new gcc x86_64 gcc mingw compiler. All went well, after a bit of tweeks here and there to the configs and makes.

Finally get to the compilation of the wallet and after a few tweaks, all objects were compiled and then linked all together. End up with a beautiful 21 meg static 64 bit executable. Start it up and..... crash, change a few things.... crash. Tried a fresh build on another computer.... crash. No matter what i do I can't get it to go beyond the splash screen.  I did get it to start the directory structure but that's it, still crashes after a few seconds.

I have tried on an Intel machine and an AMD box, used both newer and older version of qt, boost, ect, special compiler flags. No matter what I do it ends up with  an unstable executable.

So for now I am going to move on and revisit this later, after I get 1.4 all done.

If anyone has suggestion or guides that they have successfully used to get a wallet similar to HBN to native compile or cross compile for win 64, I would be appreciative.

• Like 1

ghostlander

Looks like LevelDB is broken. That's why Bitcoin doesn't offer any 64-bit Windows builds.

Tranz

Thanks It looks like they got it to work by cross compiling on Ubuntu 12.04

At least I know I am not crazy.