KingCaper

🔄🔄🔄🔄 ―――― ▲ MOIN ―― 2 Years On, Still Going Strong! ――― 🔄🔄🔄🔄

Jookly

Fortnightly Sunday Update #40

Hey there MOIN world!  Yep it is me Jookly back yet again for a fortnightly update.  It has been a fairly quiet week with a lot of people enjoying family time and good food. It is really starting to feel festive!  Well ok let's load this update plate full of MOIN and dig in!

Moin Movement League Phase 12

Another successful phase.  I sent out the payouts before I started working on this update.  A big thanks as usual to all the participants and testers.  I'm still really excited about making the league better, it's been a slow process but its also enjoyable to work on and continue to learn.  Always looking for feedback and ideas so hit me up in the MOIN chat about anything relate to the Moin Movement League.

C-Cex Exchange Announced MOIN Delisting

MOIN is going to be delisted from C-Cex.  According to them it will be no longer listed as of December 1st. It's for the best, they've been arbitrarily locking customer accounts for some time now. If you have any MOIN on there you have until the 1st of December to withdraw them. If you have some over there make sure you withdraw.

Be MOIN! 

If you have any ideas or feedback regarding MOIN or would simply like to hang out and chat there are several different ways to get in touch with other people interested in MOIN.  We have those methods listed at  http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html .  Hop in and say hello!

TTFN-

- Jookly

Jookly

Fortnightly Sunday Update #41

Hello out there everyone.  Another two weeks already.  Coming up on the new year! I hope you are well wherever this note finds you. Time for a quick check in with the big wigs at MOIN hq.

Moin Movement League Phase 13

Phase 13 went well as usual.  In the moinmovement chat on discord we talked a bit this phase about how to adjust the parameters based on our current rules creating a lot of twitter spam.  If you have some suggestions be sure to drop into the chat and be part of the discussion.  Ideas are welcome!  I sent out the MOIN for phase 13 just a little earlier this evening so you should have it in your wallet by now.

Have A Great Two Weeks! 

Certainly a short update but I will of course be back in another two weeks.  Stay warm and if you have a chance swing by one of our communication channels listed at  http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html .

Until Next Time-

- Jookly

Jookly

Fortnightly Sunday Update #42

Update number 42!  Cool!  I'm in the group of people that can't see that number without thinking of hitchhikers guide to the galaxy.  So what is up.  We got the new year coming around the corner. Dip your ear nuggets in some of the MOIN sauce and take a bite.

Moin Movement League Phase 14

Phase 14 saw a large overhaul on the layout of the site. Big shout out to Robust for his design additions.  So far the feedback has been positive.  It was time for a switch up visually and also as the site's features and the way it is used become more clear so does the ways to best organize it.  I have a lot of ideas on how to continue improving the league and we will get to them step by step!

Swap Website Progress

The swap website crew (Severus and I) made a little progress at the beginning of this phase.  Essentially getting to the point of a login demo.  Before we really get going on the swap we need to have a nice smooth platform in place.  We have been trying to divide the work into front end and back end parts. I enjoy it and I like working with Severus.  As with a lot of passion and spare time work it can be slow but I really am excited with each bit of progress.

I got something to ask you 

But not here.  Come join us through one of our communication options to say hi and find out whats up @  http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html .  

Moin-

- Jookly

Jookly

Fortnightly Sunday Update #43

What up moinamaniacs. It's your big bro Jooks comin' through with the update as usual.  Not surprised... but glad.  Let's get to it then.

Moin Movement League Phase 15

Awesome phase everyone.  There have definitly been some subtle updates this phase as well.  Mostly based around things on the backed which were not functioning properly.  So that's cool. Of course I also sent out this phase's bounties.  Let's keep it rollin'.

Moin Patches

So dope..... Rumbles had some really nice looking iron on MOIN patches made up.  

3gYuFRX.jpg

If you want one or two hit him up on our chat channels.  Excellent initiative Rumbles. Thank you.

Bro pass that MOIN 

MOIN is a small crypto community so if you want to join it is actually really easy all you have to do is go to  http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html and pick a communication method you are comfortable with.  We hope to see you soon 🙂

Until next time

-Jookly

Jookly

Fortnightly Sunday Update #44

Hello!  It is that time again.  I am the Moin "community manager" and this is the Moin fortnightly update.  In case you are new we just try to touch base once ever two weeks regardless of what is going on.  If there is news this is where it will be, it's also an opportunity to say hello and repeat our social media links for those that may not be aware of them.

Vella's Asks About The Swap

Long time Moin supporter Vella asked "I know KingCaper isn't one for roadmaps however is there any estimate time frame this year for when the swap will take place? I think it is a good time to announce something on the swap as the year just started. 2018 was a bad year for crypto and a lot of projects didn't do much including MOIN so I'm hoping that we see something this year with this project. "

It's a very reasonable question so I want to try and explain this as clearly as possible.  

MOIN is a 100% open source and community driven project.  It is literally up to us, the community, to produce anything.  Even our lead developer KingCaper can be thought of as a member of the community.

The answer is that no one is working on a roadmap right now.  What several people are working on is producing a website to facilitate the swap and also the work related to actually creating the new chain that the coins will be swapped to.  This progress comes in waves as people have time to put toward the project.  I don't see anything stopping us from getting it accomplished but setting a specific deadline would not increase our productivity and would almost certainly lead to disappointment if the deadline was not reached.  

Really appreciate your question Vella and I hope this answer suffices for now.

Moin Movement League Phase 16

Moin Movement is a website I have been building with the help of the community over the last year.  The idea is to reward participants for various things. Ranging from being active in our discord chat, or posting in our subreddit, or tweeting with certain tags attached.   You can check it out at moinmovement.net.  This phase we began testing our contest module.  The first contest generated a couple of entries and was essentially just a test of our format to make these contests.  If you are interested in participating please check out our social media channels listed in the next section.  We are always happy for new ideas.

MOIN Social Channels 

We are a crypto movement built on voluntary and open contribution.  Anything you see with MOIN on it has been created by an individual who felt motivated to contribute.  If this resonates with you please consider joining us.  You don't need to have any MOIN to join.  Simply head over to  http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html and pick a communication method you are comfortable with.  You will be greeted by one of the friendliest crypto communities in the entire space time continuum. 

MOIN!

-Jookly

Jookly

Fortnightly Sunday Update #45

Howdy MOINers.  Its fortnightly update day.  Did you catch that MOIN commercial on the Puppy Bowl?  It was right between the one with the lizard buying stuff off OpenBazzar and the one saying that Litecoin doesn't have and corn syrup in it.  I'm joking of course! Isn't it good to laugh together?  Alright let's get this update over with.

KingCaper Makes A Direction Changing Decision

KingCaper has made a decision which changes the plans regarding the swap to the PART codebase.  I suspect this news will be a bit jarring to some people. I know I was surprised myself.  I think it is my duty however to report this regardless of how uncomfortable it is, and so I will explain what he told me. 

About MOIN he says that he would like it to be "as successful as possible".  He does not see this goal being accomplishable by cloning PART.  He says "The only way I see this happening is if we do something completely original", or at least, "something original enough to be noteworthy" .  

He claims he will start by "prototyping it in Python first before implementing it properly in a lower-level language".  

This will still, if things go well, eventually lead to a swap so the work that Severus and I have been doing on the swap website has not been in vain.

I hope I have explained this well enough.  I encouraged KingCaper to help by personally explaining some of his decision as well, so maybe that will happen.  Feel free of course to discuss and ask questions.

Moin Movement League Phase 17

Moin Movement League is going strong and I am still improving the site.  It is a very easy way to get a bit of MOIN so if you would like to participate please do. There are lots of activity that is rewarded and we are steadily adjusting the parameters of the "game" based on feedback.  I really appreciate everyone that is a part of this as it has been and continues to be a very great learning experience.  There is no end in sight for this so feel free to swing by and get involved!

How To Find Other MOINers 

Most of the daily MOIN talk occurs through our discord channel.  We have a relay setup though so you can easily choose your flavor of chat and stay in the daily loop.  We also have our subreddit and a few other social media options.  You can find them al listed over at http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html .  Hope to talk to you soon.

Until Next Time-

-Jookly

Jookly

Fortnightly Sunday Update #46

It's a me Jooklio back again with another MOIN fortnightly update. Very little info for you this round, but none the less, I am here to give you the info. I am feeling tired so am going to keep it quick and factual 🙂

Moin Movement League Phase #18

MOIN league phase 18 was pretty regular but it did culminate in some changes to the awards.  It turns out that over time we have learned that tweets are worthless essentially.  Tweets with#bemoin and #moinmovement have been removed.  $moin tweet rewards have been reduced to one a day and point value reduced to 2 hero points. We can't stop people from spamming useless junk but we can stop rewarding them.  I think it is a good change.  Feel free to express if somehow this wasn't a good move.  Phase 18 payouts have been sent.

Moin Social Media Channels Ready For Interaction 

The real core MOIN crew is easy to get a hold of.  You can hit up any of the methods at http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html and if you are wanting to chat you can get a response.  See you there.

See ya soon!

-Jookly

Jookly

Fortnightly Sunday Update #47

Yes indeed its already been another two weeks.  So I am back to say hi and let you know about any interesting developments in the world of Moin.  Here we go!

Moin Movement League Phase #19

MOIN league phase 19 payouts have been sent.  The changes we implemented for this phase seemed to be well received.  My focus has mostly been on trying to improve the administration components lately. Always looking for feedback though so if you have any ideas swing by our chatroom's listed in the next section.

Chillin' With The Crew 

Always room for more in the MOIN chatrooms and other social media areas.  Options are listed at http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html so if you have questions or just want to hang out feel free to stop by.

Moin Moin!

-Jookly

• Like 1

Jookly

Fortnightly Sunday Update #48

Hey Moiners!  Sorry this update is a day late.  I got too busy yesterday and was just too sleepy.  Thanks for your patience and now for the update! 

Moin Movement League Phase #20

Wow 20 phases complete!  Thats 40 whole weeks of MOIN filled goodness straight to your dome.  That means we have given out 30,000 MOIN in that time period. Cool! The Moin Movement League still has a ton of room for improvement so if you have any ideas feel free to swing by our chatrooms and let me know.  

This phase CoffeeMaker helped by making an updated logo for the login page!  A very nice and helpful effort!

Chitter Chatter 

This is the part where I remind and encourage people to check out our social media options.  You can find the different options at http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html. 

Cya!

-Jookly

• Like 1

Jookly

Fortnightly Sunday Update #49

Hello out there!  Hope this update finds you well! Here we are again at the Moin fortnightly update.  It's been very quiet and there is not much info to give out but it is time for a check in.

Moin Movement League Phase #21

21st phase went smooth.  Payouts were sent.  If you are interested in getting a little Moin to test out feel free to try it out @ www.moinmovement.net .  And of course if you need any help with it or other questions swing over to one of our chat rooms or other social media options which are listed at http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html . 

TTYL-

-Jookly

Jookly

This weeks update was written by treefrog!  Big thanks to tree for stepping up to help out!

Fortnightly Moinday Update #50

Woo hoo! It's the 50th update! Everyone here before this update deserves a veteran discount on moin :D.

Moin Movement Payouts

Jookly will send the $MOIN payouts today, so don't worry about not getting your precious moin.

Moin Mobile Chat App?

Rumbles mentioned how he still wants a mobile chat app powered by ShadowChat. I also think this would be an interesting idea. Let us know what you think.

Moin Community Showcase

Since there hasn't been a lot going on in the recent updates, I think it would be a cool idea to have a fortnightly showcase of pictures, artwork, projects, and/or designs made by the moin community! Please let me know if you like this idea.

This month's stuff:

p4jkk6b5qfs21.png

The Book of Moin by Coffeemaker

5gt44xvypfs21.png

App Design by Rumbles

7sbojeagqfs21.png

Moin bot by Coffeemaker

Chat rooms and Moin Movement

If you are interested in getting a little Moin to test out feel free to try it out @ www.moinmovement.net .  And of course if you need any help with it or other questions swing over to one of our chat rooms or other social media options which are listed at http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html.

Till next time folks!

-tree frog