KingCaper

๐Ÿ”„๐Ÿ”„๐Ÿ”„๐Ÿ”„ โ€•โ€•โ€•โ€• โ–ฒ MOIN โ€•โ€• 2 Years On, Still Going Strong! โ€•โ€•โ€• ๐Ÿ”„๐Ÿ”„๐Ÿ”„๐Ÿ”„

KingCaper

I'm hoping someone could help me out. I have some moincoins in Yobit and the only wallet I have for MOIN is the one mentioned in OP. Is that v1 or is that v2? I'm having a hard time understanding the Swap feature. Can someone enlighten me please. Thanks! :)

ย 

Hi, yes I probably should have added links to the v1 wallets here, I'll add them to the coin swap section now. So the version listed on YoBit currently is v1 and these are the v1 wallet links:

ย 

Windows

Github

ย 
The wallets in the OP are the v2 ones where your new coins will be sent and I've edited the post with the swap instructions to clarify. If you've any other questions just let me know.
Edited by KingCaper (see edit history)

blaurence

ย 

I'm hoping someone could help me out. I have some moincoins in Yobit and the only wallet I have for MOIN is the one mentioned in OP. Is that v1 or is that v2? I'm having a hard time understanding the Swap feature. Can someone enlighten me please. Thanks! :)

ย 

Hi, yes I probably should have added links to the v1 wallets here, I'll add them to the coin swap section now. So the version listed on YoBit currently is v1 and these are the v1 wallet links:

ย 

Windows

Github

ย 
The wallets in the OP are the v2 ones where your new coins will be sent and I've edited the post with the swap instructions to clarify. If you've any other questions just let me know.

ย 

The v1 wallet is not syncing. Could you help me out on that one too? Thanks! :)

KingCaper

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Windows

Github

ย 

ย 

The v1 wallet is not syncing. Could you help me out on that one too? Thanks! :)

ย 

We're not making it easy for you are we.ย  :Pย  If you add a Moincoin.conf file in your data directory (C:\Users\YourUserName\Appdata\Roaming\Moincoin on Windows or ~/.Moincoin/ on Linux) with

addnode=52.19.194.172

that should get you synced. :)

ย 

KingCaper

MOIN Wallets v1.0.0.1

(minor bug fixes)

โ€‹
7MtpCQu.pnggBDGTA8.pngwVo6jbI.pngECRy78p.png

โ€‹

โ€‹

โ€‹

Superblock Countdown

Superblock #1 - Block 24480

Reward - 10,000 MOIN

4150 Blocks remaining

(less than 3 days to go)

ย 

ย 

โ€‹Vote For MOIN

โ€‹

โ€‹โ€‹Bittrex

โ€‹C-Cex

โ€‹

โ€‹

KingCaper

Faucets

MOIN daily and hourly faucets now on Cryptospout:

Hourly Faucet

Daily Faucet

Many thanks to Cryptospout! Service added to the OP.

KingCaper

kJjygAZ.png

ย 

Have a great Christmas everyone!

bms2013

Congratulations KingCaper, Merry Christmas! :lol: :P :rolleyes:

• Like 1

KingCaper

MOIN updates:
ย 
MOIN can now be found on CrypTrader:
https://cryptrader.com/charts/ccex/moin/btc
ย 
And CoinmarketCap:
http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/moin/c
ย 
As a reward to the community members who're contributing so much - and as an incentive for others to join in - we've started a Community Contributors League in our IRC chan (#moin-crypto).
ย 
feoUUHs.png

Every two weeks a prize pot will be split between the three people with the most points, so if you do any good deeds for MOIN drop into IRC to tell us about it! The current balance of the prize pool for the period ending Jan 23rd is 402 MOIN.
ย 
SUPERBLOCKS:
ย 
The next Superblock is block 64800 and will have a reward of 15,000 MOIN. Stake your MOIN for a chance to win.

KingCaper

Check out the new MOIN promo video!

ย 

@farelka9 has put together this superb video for us! Many thanks farelka for the fantastic work! The team have sent him some MOIN as a small token of appreciation and I'm posting his MOIN address here so that others can do so too: MtwivKZTYnutAqxbLk4pFP4j5reu8ybknj

โ€‹

โ€‹https://twitter.com/MoinCrypto/status/686260454893707264

KingCaper

bTjBEFN.png Py6H0VZ.png LtTPfKy.png
SUPERBLOCK #4

pbziEhE.gif

25,000 โ–ฒMOIN!
Just over 24 hours to go!

*All you gotta do is Nfe0cUx.pngโ€‹

• Like 1

KingCaper

Nice superblock!

ย 

Thanks, this one's even better :)

ย 

I5CyxYq.png

ย 

ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย  bTjBEFN.pngย ย  ย  ย ย  Py6H0VZ.png ย  ย ย ย ย  LtTPfKy.png

ย 

Superblock #ย  ย  ย  ย  ย ย  ย ย  5/5

Block # ย  ย  ย  ย ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย ย  105,120

Current Block #ย ย  ย  ย ย  104,090

Blocks Remainingย ย ย  1,030

Reward Amount ย ย  ย ย  50,000 MOIN

ย 

ย 

Less than 24 hours to go. Good luck to you all!

ย 

j6F7ON7.png

KingCaper

Coin Swap Update

A reminder to anyone who hasn't swapped yet that this will be the last week that you can swap your Moincoin to MOIN at the original rate of 1:10. At 00:00 GMT on Monday 7th March the swap rate will be reduced to 9 MOIN per Moincoin. 10% of the swap funds will also be burned, and the process will be repeated every following week until there is none left.

So if you haven't swapped, please do so at your earliest convenience: https://discovermoin.com/swap

Also please note that if you need to sync Moincoin that our node has moved:

addnode=188.166.95.15

Moincoin (v1) Bootstrap

FAQ

Q. Why can't I send my MOIN to Yobit?

A. The version on Yobit is Moincoin (the old version) - hence the difference in price. If you have coins on Yobit please swap them immediately because soon you won't be able to. MOIN (the new version) is traded on C-Cex.

Q. I took part in the recent Twitter giveaway, do I need to swap?

A. No, you received MOIN (the new version). You do not need to swap.

Q. I got some MOIN from the Cryptospout faucet, do I need to swap?

A. No, Cryptospout is on version 2 - you do not need to swap.

KingCaper

JIZ2lgm.png

ย 

ย 

5PeKMk6.jpg

ย 

GOODBYE MOINCOIN

ย 

The six month swap from Moincoin to MOIN is now complete. We have one final loose end - someone tried to swap their Moincoin on the 7th of March, but the transaction didn't make it into a block so I've set aside the MOIN they are due based on the balance of the address that they submitted a valid signature for. If this was you, please get in touch.

There was in total over 3 and a half million MOIN unclaimed, all of which has now been burned.

9th March
11th May

Total Burned

Total Remaining Spendable Supply

So the usable supply has been reduced to just over 6m. I'll contact coinmarketcap and coingecko later today to let them know so they can adjust MOIN accordingly (assuming that's what they do in these circumstances). Thanks to everyone in the community for your patience with the process - I know it started to feel like it dragging on a bit towards the end there, but I think it was worthwhile to ensure the swap was as fair as possible.

ON TO THE FUTURE

Obviously now that we've shed all that dead weight MOIN can become the crypto powerhouse it was always destined to be.ย  ;)The HD wallets / PoS v3 code is all done. I needed to wait for the exact total of burned coins as it'll be factored into the reward calculation - the 10% per annum will only be based upon the number of actually spendable MOIN in circulation. We'll do a quick round of testing during which our front-end dev will make any tweaks and fixes and then we'll release. PoS v3 will be activated via a hard fork that'll be scheduled for around the end of June in order to give everyone time to upgrade.

After that, our front-end developer will be working on MOIN Lite while I work on what will become our first blockchain-based service. In the mean time I think we should also start giving some thought to funding and promotion.

That's it for now, thanks for your support and enjoy your now rarer MOIN.

KingCaper.

ย 

ย 

Join the MOIN Movement on Slack!

ย 

uRGrZ1o.png

KingCaper

d3VC9Hb.png
ย 
MOIN v1.1.0.0 - Mandatory Update
ย 
5PeKMk6.jpg
ย 
Proof of Stake v3
ย 
The new wallet implements Blackcoin's PoS v3 from block 282500. There will be 10% static inflation of the total current supply (minus the 3,568,555 MOIN burned after the swap), so the new static stake reward will begin at around 1.26 MOIN per block and increase from there. This means around 1700 MOIN per day will be split between those actively staking. The centralized checkpoint server has been removed.
ย 
Hierarchical Deterministic Wallets
ย 
Hierarchical deterministic wallets allow you to backup and restore all keys in a wallet from a single seed. The seed is presented to the user in the form of a 24 word mnemonic using common English words. More information: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Deterministic_wallet
ย 
19mttec.png
ย 
All in, the v1.1.0.0 update incorporates enhancements from four Bitcoin Improvement Proposals:

BIP-0032 Hierarchical Deterministic Wallets
BIP-0039 Mnemonic code for generating deterministic keys
BIP-0044 Multi-Account Hierarchy for Deterministic Wallets
BIP-0065 OP_CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY

ย 

Feature releases are likely to include features built upon them.

ย 

The release also includes a fix to a deanonymization vulnerability as well as other bug fixes and optimizations too numerous to mention. The majority of this comes by way of SDC, BLK and BTC, so our thanks to them.
ย 

Installation

ย 

If you haven't already, please make a backup of your wallet.dat before upgrading. There will be a reindex on first launch which will take maybe 10-15 minutes and after which the wallet will close. You can then open the wallet and resume using it as normal.

ย 

This is a mandatory update as there will be a hard fork at block 282500 (around July 1st) for the switch to PoS v3.

ย 

cco6kP8.png

ย 

Download links

https://github.com/MOIN/moin/releases/tag/v1.1.0.0

Thanks for your continued support and enjoy.

• Like 1