Katiee

GridCoin Magnitude/Earnings Calculator

21 posts in this topic

Update (Nov. 9th 2015)

New domain, new calculator!

http://www.gridcoin.co

At the moment I am updating the project RACs locally with a batch script and some autoit parsing, from the Neural Network .dat files. I'll try to keep them up to date as best I can until I can hook an API for it.

User RACs are pulled from netsoft so they are more up to date then the Neural Network / Blockchain. This can cause I slight over estimate.

In the future I will add data imports from both the Neural Network as well as stats directly from the project sites.

I'll also be adding support to import WUProp's results to calculate earnings based on hardware. But that will take some time. If any of the WUProp devs are around or if someone can get me into contact with them, feel free to let me know :D

Thanks everyone <3

-----------------------------------

http://kati3e.github.io/gridcoin-calc/

Threw this together today, still needs some work but it's functioning!

Input your RAC for each project and it will tell you what your magnitude should be and your average daily earnings.

I'll be adding BTC and USD prices next.

Also in the future I hope to be able to pull RACs automatically just by entering your CPID.

Please let me know if something isn't working or if anyone has any ideas or comments at all! <3

Edited by Katiee

gridcoin.co - GridCoin Magnitude/Earnings Calculator

pool.gridcoin.co - GridCoin.co Pool (beta) - New GridCoin Research Pool!

http://kati3e.github.io/gridcoin-calc/

Threw this together today, still needs some work but it's functioning!

Input your RAC for each project and it will tell you what your magnitude should be and your average daily earnings.

I'll be adding BTC and USD prices next.

Also in the future I hope to be able to pull RACs automatically just by entering your CPID.

Please let me know if something isn't working or if anyone has any ideas or comments at all! <3

Great start Katiee, keep it up!

big_swifty likes this

Brilliant Katiee! Now show off your nous by putting the formula itself with a very brief explanation onto the calculator page itself. Maybe at the bottom? I suspect more people will find out about mag/earnings here than in the wlki, and every little bit helps. Lots of people learn by being shown. Show us how it works!

big_swifty likes this

Nice calculator, this will definitely help newcomers and existing Gridcoiners trying to estimate how much they can earn on a particular project. Would love to see a nicer GUI though.

New domain, new calculator!

http://www.gridcoin.co

At the moment I am updating the project RACs locally with a batch script and some autoit parsing, from the Neural Network .dat files. I'll try to keep them up to date as best I can until I can hook an API for it.

User RACs are pulled from netsoft so they are more up to date then the Neural Network / Blockchain. This can cause I slight over estimate.

In the future I will add data imports from both the Neural Network as well as stats directly from the project sites.

I'll also be adding support to import WUProp's results to calculate earnings based on hardware. But that will take some time. If any of the WUProp devs are around or if someone can get me into contact with them, feel free to let me know :D

Thanks everyone <3

TyphooN, Skook, giellepi and 1 other like this

The new version of the calculator does not work when you type BOINC
The old version works without a problem.

Hello, great work.

After some hours spent trying to understand how magnitude is actually calculated (googling and wiking) I found your calculator, very useful! Still can't figure out how why the Neural Network Multiplier is that number. A brief guide to optimize magnitude (how to optimally distribute resource shares) would be very useful too.

Many thanks,

Giorgio

Edited by giellepi

Hello, great work.

After some hours spent trying to understand how magnitude is actually calculated (googling and wiking) I found your calculator, very useful! Still can't figure out how why the Neural Network Multiplier is that number. A brief guide to optimize magnitude (how to optimally distribute resource shares) would be very useful too.

Many thanks,

Giorgio

Neural Network Multiplier is just a used to make the magnitudes more in line with the values before the coin went into RA.

From the update notes: "Neural Network Multiplier is a static 115000 to keep Mags on par with prior values".

I will add this as a tool-tip on my site next time I get around to updating it. Thank you :D

I'm not very good with making guides, but I'd be more then happy to host some guides from people, giving credits to them of course, with links to their own site/social media accounts or whatever!

Awesome work Katiee! One thing I would love to see is a project efficiency column, expressed as Magnitude / RAC. I think it would allow users to optimize their system to maximize their rewards. Otherwise, this tool is everything I've been looking for.

Edited by DrakeShady

Awesome work Katiee! One thing I would love to see is a project efficiency column, expressed as Magnitude / RAC. I think it would allow users to optimize their system to maximize their rewards. Otherwise, this tool is everything I've been looking for.

Not all projects give you the same rac for a given hardware setup. Mag/rac would only equal efficiency if all rac was created equal.

previously an advertisement from my mobile phone overlords, now just an obnoxious message to let you know I posted this from my mobile.

Skook likes this

Not all projects give you the same rac for a given hardware setup. Mag/rac would only equal efficiency if all rac was created equal.

previously an advertisement from my mobile phone overlords, now just an obnoxious message to let you know I posted this from my mobile.

Yea the differences in RAC and hardware for each project makes it really hard to calculate the project rankings. It is a goal of mine to get something like that added at some point, but I just haven't had the time to focus my dev time on the calculator recently. Hopefully I will be able to overhaul it in the coming weeks.