Ken Foster

[ANN] (ADC) AudioCoin - A Digital Currency For The Music Industry

327 posts in this topic

Just back from Day 1. Had a good chat with Chris Birkett the producer. He produced Sinead O'Connor's 'Nothing Compares 2 U' and Dexy's Midnight Runners 'Geno'. A very interesting guy.

The concept of AudioCoin (and Bitcoin) is still alien to a lot of people. We're producing a video to explain everything in an easy to understand format. Should be ready by Monday. I've had lots of messages from people telling me they are staking their ADC which i think is a smart move.

Just back from Day 1. Had a good chat with Chris Birkett the producer. He produced Sinead O'Connor's 'Nothing Compares 2 U' and Dexy's Midnight Runners 'Geno'. A very interesting guy.

The concept of AudioCoin (and Bitcoin) is still alien to a lot of people. We're producing a video to explain everything in an easy to understand format. Should be ready by Monday. I've had lots of messages from people telling me they are staking their ADC which i think is a smart move.

I am placing buy walls to catch dumpers.  In the video try to avoid being overly technical I would say.  Focus more on how it can help them fincially and legally.  But of course it does help to put some "how this works" sort of stuff in there too

I am placing buy walls to catch dumpers.  In the video try to avoid being overly technical I would say.  Focus more on how it can help them fincially and legally.  But of course it does help to put some "how this works" sort of stuff in there too

1039556 adc strong....how can I help? 

let's hope the buy wall at Trex gets some serious didders instead of the joke of a buy wall that's out there.... :)

Hi everyone,
Just been looking thorough the posts above. Regarding the price. There's obviously a lot of ADC out there from the high initial mining rewards and we did expect this initial dip.
The plan is looking good according to our roadmap. The (relatively) small amount of coins available for mining and the benefits of holding and staking will lead to a strengthening of the coins value. At the same time we are working on partnerships (and awareness) with other music related businesses. As we add more (real world) options, the value will rise.

I spoke at length about ADC on a music industry panel yesterday (IndieWeek Europe in Manchester) and was overwhelmed by the positive reaction to the points I made. The Music Industry needs ADC to help create an ethical and decentralised solution (instead of the current skewed business models like Spotify). We'll be concentrating on developing the contacts we made. ADC will be launched on the Aurovine platform this coming week and we'll be demonstrating the coin (in action) at MIDEM from Thursday to Monday in front of music press and industry invitees to our reception on the British Music Stand. If you are visiting MIDEM please let me know and i will send you an invitation to our drinks reception.

Here are a couple of pictures we took at the IndieWeek conference. The first shows Mike Joyce (drummer with The Smiths) and my good friend Andy Woods holding the keynote speech. The second shows part of our display stand at one of the showcases.

mike-joyce-andy-woods-small.jpg

audiocoin-display-small.jpg

tried wallet on mac and pc and cant connect:( 0 active connetions. any idea why?

tried wallet on mac and pc and cant connect:( 0 active connetions. any idea why?

Hi Rafal,

The wallet will normally connect to active nodes. You could try adding these permanent nodes to your config file:

addnode=192.3.165.30

addnode=198.12.75.25

addnode= 107.170.156.17