Meska

Orphan stakes // Suggestion

Meska

I will love, on the hobo wiki, more explanation on the "orphan stakes" process.

Right now, I have one address with a lot of HBN I bought, and I'm really afraid about orphaning them.

In around 100 or 200 stakes process, I get only "one" orphan, but it was mined blocks, so really small.

So a basic question, I'm quite sure the answer is yes: 

is there a risk I get a wallet with one transaction with 10'000 HBN ?

Tranz

I will love, on the hobo wiki, more explanation on the "orphan stakes" process.

Right now, I have one address with a lot of HBN I bought, and I'm really afraid about orphaning them.

In around 100 or 200 stakes process, I get only "one" orphan, but it was mined blocks, so really small.

So a basic question, I'm quite sure the answer is yes: 

is there a risk I get a wallet with one transaction with 10'000 HBN ?

Having big blocks can be great for getting your stake in and out, quickly and efficiently. But it is bad for the network.  As the more smaller inputs that stake, the smoother the block chain moves, and it helps move the difficulty up, which again is healthier for the network in general.  So coins put a hard limit on that you can get in stake to encourage smaller blocks.

Regarding orphans, it is not to worry about. If you do get and orphan stake, the coin age is returned to what it was, and the coins will go back into the staking pool. It may take a few hours to a day or so, but it won't take another 10+ days. Plus the interest rate will have increased to compensate.

Meska

Thank for the return, I was really afraid when I saw this "orphan" stake, and I though I loose my 5 HBN.

On the Wiki, it says 100 HBN blocks are a good compromise, for now, I will stay with my little blocks for a while, and some big for testing.

Is there some way to know the best "input for stakes" (I have no idea how to say this), or to calculate it ?

Tranz

Trial and error is the best. It all depends on how fast your computer is, how much coin you have, and what size are the blocks. I'd say keep it under 500 inputs.

You will know that you have too many when your orphans go from 10% to 50-60+%. Then it will be time to combine.