Tranz

Thinking about Version 1.4

I will love an option, or maybe in "normal", in the debug.log to have :

02/17/14 14:17:45 received block 39c97451688aa1f1c38f

becoming :

02/17/14 14:17:45 received block 39c97451688aa1f1c38f from peer X.X.X.X

It might be helpful to allow a per-session unlock for stake rather than time-based as it is now. Maybe prompt to unlock wallet(s) for stake at launch, in addition to the current notification message that appears in the bottom bar?

How's this? https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/4390-preparing-hbn-v14/?p=50939

I would love an option (no idea how to call it) like "blocknotify/walletnotify" for "block found notify"/"submitblock notify".

As a pool runner, I love to trigger the stats when a new "block" if found by us.

Some other "maybe useless" :

blockfound notify/submit block notify.

block confirmed notify

block orphaned notify

If you want to try something out. Here are a few changes. Not so sure what you are looking for. Don't want to do a ton of commits, unless I know it helps solve a problem.

in init.cpp  between line 289and 290

add:

" -blockfoundnotify=<cmd> " + _("Execute command when a block is found (%s in cmd is replaced by block hash)") + "\n" +

Then in main.cpp in function CheckWork, after line 4497 before the return true statement

add this

std::string strCmd = GetArg("-blockfoundnotify", "");

if (!strCmd.empty())

{

boost::replace_all(strCmd, "%s", hashBlock.GetHex());

boost::thread t(runCommand, strCmd); // thread runs free

}

I will love an option, or maybe in "normal", in the debug.log to have :

02/17/14 14:17:45 received block 39c97451688aa1f1c38f

becoming :

02/17/14 14:17:45 received block 39c97451688aa1f1c38f from peer X.X.X.X

I have mixed feelings about this.

Here is the code I may commit it.

Change line 3564 of main.cpp to

printf("received block %s sent from %s\n", hashBlock.ToString().substr(0,20).c_str(), pfrom->addr.ToString().c_str());

I have mixed feelings about this.

Here is the code I may commit it.

Change line 3564 of main.cpp to

printf("received block %s sent from %s\n", hashBlock.ToString().substr(0,20).c_str(), pfrom->addr.ToString().c_str());

For this, my point was to check if I was well connected to the network. 

During the "diff spikes" the other day, I was doing a lot of orphans, and I was trying to find from "who" this blocks came from, to be sure to be well connected to them.

Also, I can't post any issues to your GIT, only the crypto expert's one, maybe it's more a feature request : https://github.com/Crypto-Expert/HoboNickels/issues/16

That makes sense. I just also view it as an open vector for attack. Oh look at this guy making lots of blocks, lets flood him..

But I suppose anyone could change the code quickly to do it.

Yes, i know all of that i already use it, but it is for the people that really know nothing about computers, like my sisters or parents, i would be nice to have a separeted tab that automatically generates a private key and put it in a file that looks like paper hobonickels money, that generate the QR-codes and all the nessary codes... instant of the way it is done now, that would be a nice feature that the wallet would have... the design of the paper wallet or wallet card could be ask too people here in the forum, probably there will be a couple a nice designers that would love to do it for free, it is also a good way for people that have hobonickels too make giveaways at parties or in the street, it makes a good talking topic of it...

greetings

Here is the start of a paper wallet

https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/4390-preparing-hbn-v14/?p=64557

Need help to design something a bit prettier.  But at least moving forward will be eaiser.