Tranz

Thinking about Version 1.4

Il will love, the getinfo RPC return a "walletversion".

It's completly useless, but running a lot of coin, I have to do some "exceptions" for this coin.

Il will love, the getinfo RPC return a "walletversion".

It's completly useless, but running a lot of coin, I have to do some "exceptions" for this coin.

walletversion was moved to listwallets  rcp command for the multi-wallet function.

I can be moved  back to getinfo but the more pieces you move to getinfo the slower it becomes. So if you need a custom build to include this in getinfo I can. but why?

walletversion was moved to listwallets  rcp command for the multi-wallet function.

I can be moved  back to getinfo but the more pieces you move to getinfo the slower it becomes. So if you need a custom build to include this in getinfo I can. but why?

A lot of "basics" scripts use some basic information from getinfo.

For me it's more about avoiding some fixes from my script for HBN.

I don't need specialy a custom build (specialy if it's slower (I didn't know this)), it was just an idea.

Basic example : https://github.com/MPOS/php-mpos/blob/next/public/templates/mpos/admin/wallet/default.tpl#L43

But it can be change directly in the script, it was more a suggestion, but I way more prefer performance than useless stuffs like this.

I understand. It just don't' want to overload getinfo for many other people. Adding a few things here or there isn't a big deal, but the more you overload a function the slower it will be to respond. This is why many functions for multi-wallets were moved to new commands.

You compile your own code right?

Adding walletverion to getinfo rcp command is a very small change.   in rpcwallet under getinfo you can add these 2 lines.

if (pwalletMain) {
        obj.push_back(Pair("walletversion", pwalletMain->GetVersion()));
}

Look at a few other coins code. I don't have a problem to add this for you as well. It could lead to some confusing as it would only show the main wallet version not the others.

Look at listwallets. It loops through the wallet manager to show the version for all wallets.

Another simple idea, is to have a clear label from the GUI that it is version 1.4 and maybe put the coin logo in the empty space on the gui.

I think it could be done on start up. I like that. But I have always seen the version number put into the help/about on almost all software.

What do you mean paper wallet?  You can already run dumpwallet/dumpprivkey and it will give you plain text keys that can be stored in a vault. And then imported later, to be used.

Yes, i know all of that i already use it, but it is for the people that really know nothing about computers, like my sisters or parents, i would be nice to have a separeted tab that automatically generates a private key and put it in a file that looks like paper hobonickels money, that generate the QR-codes and all the nessary codes... instant of the way it is done now, that would be a nice feature that the wallet would have... the design of the paper wallet or wallet card could be ask too people here in the forum, probably there will be a couple a nice designers that would love to do it for free, it is also a good way for people that have hobonickels too make giveaways at parties or in the street, it makes a good talking topic of it...

greetings

Yes, i know all of that i already use it, but it is for the people that really know nothing about computers, like my sisters or parents, i would be nice to have a separeted tab that automatically generates a private key and put it in a file that looks like paper hobonickels money, that generate the QR-codes and all the nessary codes... instant of the way it is done now, that would be a nice feature that the wallet would have... the design of the paper wallet or wallet card could be ask too people here in the forum, probably there will be a couple a nice designers that would love to do it for free, it is also a good way for people that have hobonickels too make giveaways at parties or in the street, it makes a good talking topic of it...

greetings

Make it rain, HBN style! :P

But I do understand what you are saying. That is a good idea, not sure if I will get it done in version 1.4 but I'll keep it mind for future release.

Make it rain, HBN style! :P

But I do understand what you are saying. That is a good idea, not sure if I will get it done in version 1.4 but I'll keep it mind for future release.

Exactly Making it rain on the bitch :D

That would be great so i can go to stripclubs and make it rain hobonickels on the girls...

Something important for the coins is get it list on http://blockr.io/addcoin

I would love an option (no idea how to call it) like "blocknotify/walletnotify" for "block found notify"/"submitblock notify".

As a pool runner, I love to trigger the stats when a new "block" if found by us.

Some other "maybe useless" :

blockfound notify/submit block notify.

block confirmed notify

block orphaned notify

Wouldn't walletnotify give you this option?

Yes (and I'm still in testing), but walletnotify just give me the "txid", so I don't know if it's a payout, a block generated or orphan before I check it.

And because of running a pool, querying the daemon can make it lag a bit, and may cause some/more orphans, than doing nothing.

Usually orphans arrive when someone request a "large" payout + finding a block around the same time.

Ok I understand. Let me see if I can get anything for you. I am finishing up some gui changes. And I want to add backupallwallets rpc command

Tranz with all of this transaction malleability stuff floating around is it necessary to update the wallet to restrict transactions until the 2nd confirmation?

Good question.  Short answer no I don't think so.

Long answer. Funds and wallets are safe, this attack is simply a type of DDoS that slows the network down and bloats the block chain. 

The type of change, you suggest, would also require a hard fork, and I don't think it would solve the issue, as the attacker could just change the code and create the "cloud of confusion".   The safest thing to do is simply wait for some confirmations and you should be in good shape.

Many of these issues were solved in version .8 of the core software. Not everyone runs the core software and not everyone is fully up to date.  So many are patching. I have some of the orphan fixes in version 1.3.

I will be watching how these and other malleability changes go, and patching as appropriate.