Tranz

Thinking about Version 1.4

I plan to release version 1.4 by End of Q2 2014, maybe soon, maybe later.  For now I would like to hear some user requests.

Here are somethings that will most likely make it in.

Extend fMintOnly bool to the gui.  This would will allow an encrypted wallet to stake, when unlocked, but will not allow coins to be sent without the password. This is already part of the RPC command, but would now be extended to the gui.

Optimize the staking process. Just recently I have had to go through the re-combination of stake, because of splitting and re-splitting after many many months. There were too many coins trying to stake, that it freezes up the gui, and causes  a lot of orphan stake. I hope to optimize it a bit more to prevent this problem, or at least push it off for even longer time frame.

Add Stake For Charity. At least the rpc command, and if I can start or complete the gui implementation.

What else would you like to see? 

Small requests I may start adding into the github sooner(such as this one https://github.com/Tranz5/HoboNickels/commit/47d697441ef88f320d065fc41fa1f1148333f7ab), larger ones will wait till the offical release.

One thing I think would be helpful (if possible to code in there) would be a multi-wallet summary that would give the total amount of coins that you have in all of the wallets currently loaded.

Extend fMintOnly bool to the gui.  This would will allow an encrypted wallet to stake, when unlocked, but will not allow coins to be sent without the password. This is already part of the RPC command, but would now be extended to the gui.

It might be helpful to allow a per-session unlock for stake rather than time-based as it is now. Maybe prompt to unlock wallet(s) for stake at launch, in addition to the current notification message that appears in the bottom bar?

One thing I think would be helpful (if possible to code in there) would be a multi-wallet summary that would give the total amount of coins that you have in all of the wallets currently loaded.

Nice idea! I think it could be very quickly added to listwallets rpc command.

Adding to the gui might be a bit more tricky. Where would be a good spot for it? Not sure if it can be added to the stack to easily.

It might be helpful to allow a per-session unlock for stake rather than time-based as it is now. Maybe prompt to unlock wallet(s) for stake at launch, in addition to the current notification message that appears in the bottom bar?

Perhaps if the unlock time is set to zero it means forever? 

Prompting for unlock is ok, but with many wallets coming in and out, I can see how that could be annoying. You may just want to bring in a wallet and transfer a few coins, then unload it again.  But it is worth exploring. I'll put this in the maybe category.

Also I broke the notification message when a wallet is encrypted that minting is not going. To fix the random crashes I had to not run the mint thread for encrypted wallets. This is where the message gets set. I'll look to fix that back in 1.4 though.

My friend had an idea of adding a new menu option called backup all wallets.  I liked that one too.

Hows this look?

https://github.com/Tranz5/HoboNickels/commit/e789ce3d639a3116e70e49281a02bf7329a0ad1b

20:51:27

listwallets

20:51:27

{

"" : {

"balance" : 884.99500000,

"encrypted" : false,

"walletversion" : 60000,

"keypoolsize" : 103,

"keypoololdest" : 1390071510,

"newmint" : 135.00000000,

"stake" : 0.00000000

},

"stake" : {

"balance" : 148.99900000,

"encrypted" : false,

"walletversion" : 60000,

"keypoolsize" : 101,

"keypoololdest" : 1390072496,

"newmint" : 0.00000000,

"stake" : 0.00000000

},

"Combined_balance" : 1033.99400000,

"Combined_newmint" : 135.00000000,

"Combined_stake" : 0.00000000

That would be perfect. Where does that go on the GUI?  

Doesn't have to be on the GUI, debug window works great for me, but just easier for beginners probably.

I think if "Current Wallet" goes right above the 3 pieces of information of the active wallet. And just below that "Combined Wallets" has the same three pieces. That might not be too bad to code.

I'll probably leave all the gui changes towards the end.

What do you mean paper wallet?  You can already run dumpwallet/dumpprivkey and it will give you plain text keys that can be stored in a vault. And then imported later, to be used.

I will dream about some RPC commands.

One to "calculate" my current "stake win".

Let's say I started with 1000 HBN, now I have 1200.

./hobo getstakebalance

(it's stupid and can be done by listtransactions, but I will love to have it).

Same for the stakes who orphan... My first orphan, I was like "what the hell just happend, I lost some coins"...

For example, a basic command I'm always using is :

./hobonickelsd getinfo; ./hobonickelsd getdifficulty; ./hobonickelsd listtransactions |grep "amount\|category" && ./hobonickelsd listaddressgroupings; ./hobonickelsd getbalance

The listaddressgroupings is quite "boring" to display, sometimes, empty addresses.

Also, the "advanced coin control" on the GUI, I can't "have" the same (I need to PHP an equivalent).

I run a little pool with some friends, I'm always afraid the "blocks" used to pay them are the old one, and I will prefer using the new mined to stake with the old ones... I will have the result in 5 or 6 days I guess.

P.S: I'm still thinking about pushing a french translation, but my language is quite complicated, and some words doesn't sound that good in french :P

http://vpaste.net/X7zeM

It's an example from my pool paying users from listaddressgroupings.

I will "love" an option for "don't display empty".

I "hate" the coin control option because it's GUI/QT only, so I'm quite jaleous, but the RPC should be able to do the same with some coding.

Maybe with just a bash/SH script it will be perfect, but for now, I'm jealous about the GUI/QT :P

I believe the GUI can also be run as a daemon.  I have not done this, but the switch or config daemon=1 will allow it.

I'll see what I can do about an optional bool for listaddressgroupings.

the part of minting wit hencrypted wallet is a must. the reason ppc doesnt have that and ive encrypted hte wallet is the reason.. i keep pumping and dumping it while HBN im keeping.

http://fuk.io - favorite crypto blog of 15000+ email subscribers. Running since 2014! CHECK IT OUT NOW!

the part of minting wit hencrypted wallet is a must. the reason ppc doesnt have that and ive encrypted hte wallet is the reason.. i keep pumping and dumping it while HBN im keeping.

Sorry not sure I understand. But I can say there is no way an encrypted wallet can stake unless you unlock it first. This is the same for all PoS coins.

If you mean to say that the gui should be locked while a wallet is unlocked and minting. This will be in v1.4, but you will still have to unlock it first.