1,610 posts in this topic

Hey,

I'm new to GridCoin and do not have the initial GRC needed. Uscore tells you that it will take up to a week. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to give 20 or so GRC to me to start mining.

I also noticed that there's no thread dedicated to a simple "I need starter coins" type of exchange. I know you can buy them at the exchanges, but with all of the security problems I'm having trouble trusting any of the exchanges atm. So I'm kind of hoping 1. that someone will give me starter GRC and 2. that this thread will become a place for beginners to ask for starter GRC.

My address is S4bKZG6UDaYSpGgoTN8HuML9gaBmxjZxdF. Thanks! I'll repay some other beginner once I'm mining.

Theodosios Kourias likes this

Hey,

I'm new to GridCoin and do not have the initial GRC needed. Uscore tells you that it will take up to a week. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to give 20 or so GRC to me to start mining.

I also noticed that there's no thread dedicated to a simple "I need starter coins" type of exchange. I know you can buy them at the exchanges, but with all of the security problems I'm having trouble trusting any of the exchanges atm. So I'm kind of hoping 1. that someone will give me starter GRC and 2. that this thread will become a place for beginners to ask for starter GRC.

My address is S4bKZG6UDaYSpGgoTN8HuML9gaBmxjZxdF. Thanks! I'll repay some other beginner once I'm mining.

Sent 25GRC.:)

alidz likes this

I would also appreciate some coins, and I am willing to trade for BTC or Dogecoin if anyone is interested! I also have some CAPTcoin and MINTcoin going on my computer, but I like the idea of Gridcoin a lot more :) 

My address is RxMx1KoPPwickgz1m6pX4GsgEXqzGwkEuj if anyone wants to help, or send me a PM if you want to do an exchange of some kind. I have already signed up for the coins from uscore though, so hopefully those will be along within the next few days!

kkarthikeyan475 likes this

Hello, i'm really new into crypo currency but i have been a Boinc user for some time.

I entred into GRC for two weeks now and received the uscore 20 GRC starter pack but i have still not stake my first block although boinc and GRC research is turn on for more than 10+ hours a day. I join the gridcoin and my rac is over 100 on every project.

I was wondering if someone could lend me some GRC until I stake the first block. Yes i could buy some at the market but i m quite paranoid with security problem.

here my adress : SAbYkX431815QqkcKZmPhcbq4dkpCYNRey

Thank you.

Thanks you sir. be sure i'll pay you back.

edit : any idea how many time it should before i could stake my firt block ?

Edited by Corwyn84

Its a guess but I think you will stake within 2 weeks with 500 GRC.

I am new to gridcoin, but I have still earned some boinc credits. Now I registered for newsletter for getting 20 GRC for starters, but the website told only error, while adding my emailadress,

What about the Boinc Credits, I've already earned?

Is it possible to get started without any GRC at the beginning?

Now I have joined the Gridcoin teams at BOINC.

In 2 weeks, after my tasks are confirmed, I will get GRCs in Balance or in Stake or Unconfirmed?

What is the difference between stake and balance?

Otherwise I have no chance to get any GRCs at all, because I am not in the blockchain without the starter GRCs, which I cannot get on the homepage?

Thank you.

S47BHhYfbVUPtgAtjBFwteNUiMBKgq5TkX

Edited by Jörg Winkler

I am new to gridcoin, but I have still earned some boinc credits. Now I registered for newsletter for getting 20 GRC for starters, but the website told only error, while adding my emailadress,

What about the Boinc Credits, I've already earned?

Is it possible to get started without any GRC at the beginning?

Now I have joined the Gridcoin teams at BOINC.

In 2 weeks, after my tasks are confirmed, I will get GRCs in Balance or in Stake or Unconfirmed?

What is the difference between stake and balance?

Otherwise I have no chance to get any GRCs at all, because I am not in the blockchain without the starter GRCs, which I cannot get on the homepage?

Thank you.

S47BHhYfbVUPtgAtjBFwteNUiMBKgq5TkX

Hi Jörg,

for technical reasons you need to have staked at least one interest block before you can earn Proof of Research Blocks.

So you need starter GRCs. You can easily buy GRC by going to bitcoin.de to buy bitcoins and then exchange bitcoins for gridcoins on c-cex.com

But I lent you 500 GRC to get you started!

The singularity will happen within a currency.

500GRC received.

Thank you very much. That helps a lot. The homepage didn't give me my 20GRC for starters, only an error.

What's your address to refund your help?

Edited by Jörg Winkler

Hello everyone!

I'm new to Gridcoin, too. Could someone lend some initial GRC for me to get started? I will certainly return the favour! 

My address:

S44Gv3v1vNA9muwpRXukGDzB8T1Z9sibBp

P.S. If I immediately return the GRC to you, will my wallet be ok for staking?