106 posts in this topic

Just running through the list of new cryptos here and stumbled across this one.

For a performance comparison for those asking about mining pools; I'm throwing some hashtime from a HD7970 [approx 670 khash/s as I solo mine via GUIMiner Scrypt Alpha and take a 30 khash penalty for simplicity [not even I would enjoy making 100 BAT files for all these coins] =/ ) at it solo mining and have 4 blocks awaiting confirmation (120 confirms 0.o ) out of 20 found since I started.

edit update

8 confirmed, 9 unconfirmed, 3 orphans (confirmed by someone else just before I did) of 204 blocks in total since I started mining.

last edit I promise;

Awaiting confirmation on the last block, out of 292 blocks solo mined 25 blocks [24 confirmed, 99/120 confirmations on the last block].

Same hardware etc so yes it still is mineable without a pool atm (a single HD7970 is nothing special when the equivalent 280x cards are flying off the shelves faster than they can fab the chips).

While it would be fun to have a pool, I have no place to host it - and as this project is a learning from scratch by reverse engineering a working clone, I certainly don't have the experience to maintain a pool. If anyone would like to host a pool, I could support it by advertising it in the README and on any sites that came about as a result from the learning curve, but as this project's my first - and I don't know enough about how things work, It's certainly outside my scope of ability to control its propigation.

I'd need a remote server with root to install dependancies.. I don't got that.

"Bob" blesses anyone who does anything to propigate the DobbsCOIN..

Let us know, here, if that's you and we'll get on board.

FEEL FREE - Jahova-1 COMMANDS IT.

Dobbscoin (BOB) : The Currency of the Econocalypse.
The only cryptocurrency accepted on the Pleasure Saucers.
LOVE THAT "BOB" - GET SLACK (dobbscoin.info)

BitCoinBob: Not your built in wallet miner, but you can use CPUminer. Just replace my receiving address with yours and it will payout directly to your Dobbscoin address.

minerd -o http://199.127.226.51:19989 -u 18R8YWc5Gdu2cAtVMuLeMGYKTYan1285g3 -p x

P.S. I am running a full node on the server and I'll keep it up as long as this coin is alive and I have the server, so you can throw "addnode=199.127.226.51" to your dobbscoin.conf to help people get synced up and keep the network healthy.

I also have OSX client that should work on 10.9 down to 10.5/32bit.

dobbscoin-qt_osx_0.8.6.zip

Which resides here

http://199.127.226.51:9999

Don't have anythng OSX (gasp), but I figure someone will bitch if it wrecks their shit (gasp/smile) - so I added it to the github.

Most appreciated for the effort. You both are like elder gods.

xday.jpg

Death by SnuSnu at the groins of the Sex Goddess' to the both of you. AMEN.

BitCoinBob: Sorry, I was implementing deeppurple72's changes and things wonked out a little bit. It's back up, and I just pulled off two blocks, so hopefully were good now. I swapped my CPU to mining your receiver address. You should get a little sprinkle next block to show it's working. You can also see your address now at the bottom of the p2pool page. Difficulty jumped up so blocks are rolling in slower. Sent you a little something for distracting you from doing better things.

P.S. Is that Slackware you're running?  ;)

BitCoinBob:  Sorry, I was implementing deeppurple72's changes and things wonked out a little bit.  It's back up, and I just pulled off two blocks, so hopefully were good now.  I swapped my CPU to mining your receiver address.  You should get a little sprinkle next block to show it's working.  You can also see your address now at the bottom of the p2pool page.  Difficulty jumped up so blocks are rolling in slower.  Sent you a little something for distracting you from doing better things.

P.S. Is that Slackware you're running? ;)

<g> Naa.  All i have is a desktop wunnng windows xp that was built before X-Day, and a SYNOLOGY Network Attached Server (NAS) running an embeded but very limited linux, that I figured out how to bootstrap and can get around in, kinda somewhat.  It sucks. Maybe once OVERSTOCK starts taking BOBz, I can get me a linux server. I also have a remote shell server that I run the primary peer node from - but my admin hasn't been seen since the end of 2013, and I got no root there - so i cant add dependancies that I need to compile stuff on.  It sucks soo bad :wacko:    

I did just see that I recieved some 'MINED' coins over the last few hours.  0.85027972 just now i bet from you and a couple transactions earlier this afternoon that were likely from deeppurple72 pool.

Keep it up - you  both can be the first Dobbsillionairs!! ooow.. the squid you'll attract with that.

deeppurple72:  It just got hit all at one time.  I guess folks need some Slack!  I replied to your PM, and would appreciate feedback.  

P.S.  Can we call fractions of a BOB, Dobbalinas?  

Oh, as for the LINUX distro i use

( go ahead and laugh if you must! )

its (redhat)  FEDORA 19  64bits with MATE ( gnome2x ) desktop

Ive used Fedora since version "Core 5" !

( not upgrading to Fedora 20 until they work out some bugs though! )

RedHat and Debian based distros are the best ones ( i think )

just use a distro thats very popular / major... I dont like ARCH, SLACKWARE, OPENSUSE, etc personally.

But hey, some like chocolate, some like strawberry, vanilla, etc -- depends on your prefs & likes I guess.

I just know Fedora is great for Desktop or SERVER, and Ive used it for over 7yrs now!

I've tried several other distro's, but wasn't impressed!

deeppurple72:  I was thinking that, but the pool appears to be snatching up almost every block...  I don't quite get how those stats work out.  When it was Just me, Local was 800Khs, yet the Pool was reading 1.6Mhs...  That's with my 7950 + 280X in my Hackintosh pulling about ~1Mhs(I know, about 300 to 400K less than Win or Linux with the same cards, but the loss in productivity not having my Mac up 24/7 would kill me)....  Now I know I have my 1Mhs, getting me a measly 4BOB per block... which means that 10Mhs # is correct, with me being about 1/12 of the total hashing power.  Still trying to wrap my head around what the ~2.5MHs "Pool Rate" exactly means.  I was freaking out about all the "requested work restart" in CGMINER, but I see that is how p2pool works when you have high hash rates and shares being constantly submitted by other peers.

Slackware == Worst Linux Distro ever...  In ~1996 I installed it on a 486dx4-100, w/16MB RAM...  And it took like 26 floppies...  That was hell...  My first experience with Linux.  I quickly became a FreeBSD fan.  One floppy, network install...  As a web server, beating Debian ass on lesser hardware.  Debian servers setup by Jim Lynch, no less...  That's just how it was back then.  Linux wasn't mature enough to have it's shit together.  Still isn't "together" but has mature to become in the forefront.  I do like Debian as a server nowadays, though.  FreeBSD just doesn't have the support for all the "toys" going around anymore.  Though it excels in certain niches.  I do like Fedora on the Desktop as well....  Alas, life now binds me to MacOS almost explicitly.  I used to hate Mac fanboys.

Edit:  Slackware sucks, but Slack is what's up!!!  Go BOB!!! <-- So we don't get too off topic! ;)

and YES!

someone else is DEFINITELY running another BOB pool!

They took the info I posted ( like you did )

only difference is, that YOU ( X_STATIC ) were COOL enuff to post your pool url here!!!!

The other F_CKS keeping pool to themselves and not posting it!   D@MN those @ssholez!  How F_CKING RUDE of them!

Once DobbsCOIN overtakes Bitcoin im gonna buy me a new computer

Ok. Tilikum went Free Willy and we got about 100 blocks until we retarget.  I dropped my hash rate down to 400KH/s, with just me in the pool so that I'm blocking about once an hour.  I'm doing this to push the block along more slowly, to give others who are solo mining or hopping on the pool a chance to grab some decent coin, but also to let the retarget time recover that maybe this next retarget won't be so difficult.  Tilly was hammering out blocks about every 2minutes with his 10MH/s, so things might get crazy next time around.  I do appreciate that he didn't hammer it right up to the retarget.  That would have been really rude.  

Slack is where it's at...  Get your BOB while you can still get handfuls of it.  The econoclypse is coming..  Will you be ready?  With BOB by your side, you will be!!!

Random acts of Slackness to the smaller miners on the pool, if I feel they deserve it.  50BOB to 19sh3P5eVxe5y4uSD1x8SyoPEJSmLUcmq1 for being the only other miner in the pool, plus this last block is almost 2hours in and you're still cranking.  So, BLOCK! for you.  Please stick around.