NEWS
  • WELCOME TO CRYPTOCURRENCYTALK!
  • We've upgraded the website with a lot of new features!
  • 3 NEW THEMES! Click on the + Themes button above!
  • Notice about SOCIAL LINKS: UPDATE YOUR SOCIAL LINKS
  • New video section, add your videos: VIDEO SECTION
  • Advertising will be available shortly, hold tight.
  • If you have any issues with the new site, please submit a support ticket: SUPPORT

Understood, but regardless of the "product", or "service" being delivered,  there's some basic business requirements that should be met like registering the non-profit business entity.  All of the other "crypto-specific" stuff should not hold back taking care of the basic business requirements...

Mike

Ok. I pick planet Earth. The whole idea to coins is to put control back to individuals and not to any central authority. Hack, if we can do without a Foundation, we'll do without a Foundation (my thoughts). This is not going to change overnight obviously, but we need to start somewhere. If we continue doing what we are doing today, then tomorrow will be the same as today and nothing will be changed. So why do anything at all? There is obviously a conflict here. My left hand needs fiat. My right hand wants coin. And until my left & right hand agrees on the same thing, it's going to be an endless tug-of-war.

I have a dream...

A world without fiat...

A world without poverty...

A world where everyone is equal...

A world where there is only one race...

the human race...

Ok. I think I need more coffee.. LOL

Gridcoin - Paving the Way Towards a Better Tomorrow

GRC: SJgRQKZp19AG49bPwmoJyWQCHpd6CfTzKg || BTC: 13pTr3qXWDvycRLBPgt3bJzJst4ju46CGS

Ok. I pick planet Earth. The whole idea to coins is to put control back to individuals and not to any central authority. Hack, if we can do without a Foundation, we'll do without a Foundation (my thoughts). This is not going to change overnight obviously, but we need to start somewhere. If we continue doing what we are doing today, then tomorrow will be the same as today and nothing will be changed. So why do anything at all? There is obviously a conflict here. My left hand needs fiat. My right hand wants coin. And until my left & right hand agrees on the same thing, it's going to be an endless tug-of-war.

I have a dream...

A world without fiat...

A world without poverty...

A world where everyone is equal...

A world where there is only one race...

the human race...

Ok. I think I need more coffee.. LOL

Ah yes.  I felt that way in the idealism of my youth in my early 20's.... Then I realized that's not the way the world actually worked.... But it should.

(breaks our small violin and starts playing for the crashed dreams and ideals of youth...)

Ah yes.  I felt that way in the idealism of my youth in my early 20's.... Then I realized that's not the way the world actually worked.... But it should.

(breaks our small violin and starts playing for the crashed dreams and ideals of youth...)

Actually, in my youth, the only thing I cared about is whether I'll get a date that night. LOL. Oh, and I'm born in 1974 so youth was quite a while ago.

GRC: SJgRQKZp19AG49bPwmoJyWQCHpd6CfTzKg || BTC: 13pTr3qXWDvycRLBPgt3bJzJst4ju46CGS

Only thing that scares me about Estonia is, "when is Russia going to roll in"....

A place of "significant political, regulatory and economic stability" is a huge benefit as a "predictability" factor for a business.

58660018.jpg

Edited by MikeK

Very cool Richard.  Wonder if any other countries are doing something similar?  Very progressive!

What we really really need is an Earth ID. But damn, never thought I'll see a cyber residency. WTG! Ok, world. Time to get your act together. 

We need to skip ahead like 500 years to star trek and get past the next 50 years of DREDD......

Good one!!

Oh, and Singapore was mentioned :)

https://e-estonia.com/an-estonian-startup-teleports-the-world/

This is good news: http://www.coindesk.com/token-security-research-analyzes-blockchain-us-law/

"​Another use case that the authors view as less problematic through the lens of US law is the use of tokens to create distributed collaborative organisations (DAOs). In this instance, tokens are used to denote membership in an organisation, with the user retaining the expectation that he or she may benefit financial from the ownership. The report suggests that, in this case, token owners may have some control over fund utilization, “making them effectively managers and/or partners in the success of the entity”, a factor that makes them less likely to be viewed as securities. ”Depending on the nature of the organization and the actual control held by people who have committed capital, ‘shares’ organizations which are structured on the blockchain are likely not to be considered as securities,” the paper suggests. "

Gridcoin easily falls into the distributed collaborative organization category, once in wallet voting is implemented it would be very difficult to argue any other definition. This is a very positive development for the community because it frees us of some regulatory burden.