122 posts in this topic

This thread is designed to allow foundation directors to collaborate publically, submit and approve expenses affecting disbursements by the foundation node, approve and pay advertising budgets, and approve high level decisions for the future of Gridcoin.

This thread can also be used to submit expenses accrued for new user promotional projects such as GRC nation (providing new users with seed GRC to get started by staking the first GRC POR Block).

Rob, just a suggestion, for the foundation board, you may want to put some definition around it for going forward (election/term/voting/etc..).  If you need some assistance, I'd be more than glad to help out.

Mike

GRCnation likes this

I have my first invoice to be approved; I would like to exchange this expense for GRC research coins from the foundation; Ill wait til we are listed on c-cex before I do the computation so I can get an accurate quote for the new coins, but please approve now so this is complete:

Amount: $297.02

Reason: Bing ads for Gridcoin

Ad Date range: 10-20-2014 through 01-04-2015

Impressions: 1.08 million

Click throughs: 2010

Once this is approved Ill reset the counts and start over.

Expected approvers:  Alien, RTM, SeP  (just reply with Approved)

Ill make a post with the computed amount of research coins I end up sending to my personal account (after we are live on the exchange).

Rob

Invoice:

10-21-2014through01-04-2015bing.png

That's a low click through rate. I can help with that: been working on online ads for 15 years now.

Edited by pallas
MikeK, GRCnation and dc7d like this

I've seen better results when I used google adwords in comparison to bing ads also for my business.

Rob, just a suggestion, for the foundation board, you may want to put some definition around it for going forward (election/term/voting/etc..).  If you need some assistance, I'd be more than glad to help out.

Mike

When drafting terms please think about a monthly limit for marketing purposes etc... :)

This will be important, because investors look at the foundation balance as a danger to their money.

- I remember the value of BTC going down simply by US announcement of auctioning 50k BTC.

By stating limits to spending, it helps our coin to get stronger value appreciation sooner.

RTMoney and MikeK like this

That's a low click through rate. I can help with that: been working on online ads for 15 years now.

Yes, and you probably have a budget higher than .05c per click.  So we are probably comparing apples to oranges.  But - I'm still in the process of deleting all the bad keywords and adjusting the other ones.

If it doesnt improve maybe I can add a second login and let you look at the list.

On the comment about google adwords, I am also running a google campaign.  Ill be able to compare click through results side by side as soon as I expense the adwords invoice.

On the monthly ad limit, sure we can do that, but we still have one free ad to take advantage of here.  Obviously, when we think about our first real PR campaign everyone can chime in and give advice on the monthly cap to make sure we are not overspending.

If I were to take a guess, I would suggest we spend about 1 btc per month for the first few months to see how it goes.

Rob

I have my first invoice to be approved; I would like to exchange this expense for GRC research coins from the foundation; Ill wait til we are listed on c-cex before I do the computation so I can get an accurate quote for the new coins, but please approve now so this is complete:

Ill make a post with the computed amount of research coins I end up sending to my personal account (after we are live on the exchange).

Rob

Invoice:

Absolutely! Widespread adoption is the only way Gridcoin thrive.

Anyway I could help with Gridcoin?  I am a supporter/believer in Gridcoin and would really like to see this project grow into something really big.  My programming skills are not up to par, but I'm very strong in computer networking.  Maybe I can administer some supernodes or something similar?

Richard

Expected approvers: Alien, RTM, SeP (just reply with Approved)

Rob

Invoice:

I don't have time for a detailed response and am on mobile, but I approve this one and will follow up with a pm with some ideas for liquidation without destroying the confidence/market in the next day or two.

There are members interested in puchasing and an over the counter transaction might be more appropriate right now with the low liquidity. Maybe an auction style offering would be worth a shot.

Anyway I could help with Gridcoin? I am a supporter/believer in Gridcoin and would really like to see this project grow into something really big. My programming skills are not up to par, but I'm very strong in computer networking. Maybe I can administer some supernodes or something similar?

Richard

Yes, you can dive right in, the wiki needs editing/contributions, we need help with blogs/publications , the thread on bitcointalk needs contributors, traderman is handeling all the questions by himself, the reddit needs contributors, and any questions you can answer here takes the pressure off Rob freeing him up for higher value work.

RTM and Alien, I recommend we make SePulcher a board member.  Is everyone in agreement?

I'm honoured.

Rob

Invoice:

Approved.

PS. Although I don't like Bing, but bing is preset as the home page for ALL new windows installation and devices, and most "normal" users won't change or do not know how to change, so it's a really good option. Does Bing charge by CPM or PPC? If it's PPC, low clickthrough is fine with the low bid amount. Valid clicks or clicks with potiential (conversion) is more important than clickthrough rate, though they (especially google) keey telling you to get as much click as possible so they can fill their pockets faster.

Gridcoin - Paving the Way Towards a Better Tomorrow

GRC: SJgRQKZp19AG49bPwmoJyWQCHpd6CfTzKg || BTC: 13pTr3qXWDvycRLBPgt3bJzJst4ju46CGS