Kukunin

MineCrunch - Web (JS) Miner with integration feature

Hello. My name is Sergiy, and I glad to present my humble service - MineCrunch. It is on pretty early stage, something between alpha and beta testing. I'd say "Proof of concept", rather ready-to-use product.

The killer feature is seamless integration in any webpage to allow visitors to generate some cryptocoin to it's owner.

It has no extra dependencies, like a Java or Flash. Just pure Javascript + WebSockets (84.5%).

While classic CPU mining gives too few profit, distributed mining (hundreds and thousands of visitors) of some new Cryptocoin (cpu-only or so) with nearly native speed (thanks to asm.js) may be very sweet.

Brief Technical Information

• The C Scrypt miner was compiled to Javascript by using Emscripten to achieve the best performance. The performance is about 1.5x slower than native cpuminer application.
  • WebGL is not suitable for GPU mining yet, it is too limited for now for this purposes.
  • I use patched NOMP due it's simplicity. You need only your wallet address to integrate the miner on your website.
  • I use WebSockets to implement Stratum protocol between Web Miner and pool.

Currently, miner supports only Scrypt protocol, and there is Litecoin configured within test network on the server side.

I want to make sure all components are working well; pool server supports a lot of small clients with micro shares etc. 

So, I need the feedback about this project, and some volunteers to test it better.

Actually, I don't know what to say more about. Just feel free to ask me anything, I'd glad to get any feedback. 

The URL is http://minecrunch.co/, while some webminer example you can find here: http://kukunin.github.io/webminer/.

Thank you!

Edited by Kukunin

Great news. I've implemented FTC mining with NeoScrypt algo. It is much profitable, because there is no ASIC for NeoScrypt. The speed is about 1.5x slower than vanilla Scrypt. 

You can try here: http://kukunin.github.io/webminer/. Enter your FTC address in this case.

BTW, what is the most profitable coin for CPU-mining at this time? 

Edited by Kukunin

Thanks for your work and effort Kukunin (Sergiy). As you can see from your google analytics we've just started  testing your javascript feather coin pool in our website bitzfree.com. If we can mine any ftc, we will inform you. On the other hand, would you like to consider adding other neoscrypt cryptocoins like Phoenixcoin?

Thank you very much. But, unfortunately electricity costs are very high in Turkey, thus we cannot use our rigs :)

What is the commission rate for your minecrunch pool? We hope it is a bit low :)

Actually, we don't know the best profitable one. PXC has lower difficulty and lower total Hash Rate than FTC. PXC can be more producable for javascript miners. 

Actually, I'm thinking about 10% comission for web miners. 

The coin total difficulty and hashrate affects only how often the pool will find the block, and how often you'll be paid respectively.

The JS mining hash will be the same for both PXC and FTC, so decide, what coin costs more 

Our expectation is around 5-8% commission, but it is your choice.

You are right and thus with the same hash rate javascript pool cannot compete with other real mining pools and may not find any blocks. We should choose the lower difficulty neo-scrypt to find some blocks.

Anyway, we can try FTC for a month and see whether it can be producable or not.

hey, I glad to hear about your interest. 

The project is not abandoned, I'm ready to introduce new features, just want to see real users.

You can write me about things you need to start and would like to see in near future - and I'll try to implement them. 

I'll make a test page on one of my smaller sites, it will probably recieve around 1000 visitors a day, I'll see how it goes.

If you have a look at a similar project with Litecoin here they have some fantastic features which I would love, the two main ones would be an autostop after a number of seconds and the ability to set an automatic number of threads per cpu core.

If theres only me using it, then it's not really a pool, do you have plans to release on a major scale?

If not, we could always come to some sort of % arrangement for using the code in private.

Autostop is pretty easy to implement. Autothreads is hard, because JavaScript doesn't have the access to CPU information.

I would love to have a persistent speed about 1-2mH/s on my pool to find several blocks per day, but it's very hard. 

The easiest way - is to point miner rig on the pool along with web miners to start block generating

The hardest - to promote the pool and to find enough clients. 

I don't know how to promote the pool better, than just on the forum. 

So, you can easily test your web-miner on your test page. At least you'll get the average hashrate

My thought was not to have a few people mining a long time on my pages but have lots of people mining for short periods, I've never liked ads and to have someone doing 30 seconds of mining would be nice and seem as how Flash and other programs would use more mem, cpu and bandwidth only toburden you with ads you don't watch, I don't see the harm in someone mining for a short spell