johnnytran

Guide To Mining Dogecoins In The Cloud

Currently DogeCoins are one of the most talked about and profitable coins to mine. They are very new so people are able to collect large quantities of them. Currently I switched all my DigitalOcean mining to these coins. This guide will show you how:

Step 1) Sign up for Digital Ocean (As of now it is not against DigitalOcean's terms of service of to mine. I also like them because they accept Paypal.)

Step 2) Once signed up you can fund your account

I would suggest funding $25 to the account considering we will be setting up 5 mining servers (droplets) on this account and $5 covers 1 month of computing for 1 server.

Step 3) Create your first droplet
  Step 3a) Set the hostname to whatever you like
  Step 3b) Select the $5 a month option
  Step 3c) Select "Debian 7.0 x64" which is Debian under the Linux Distributions tab

Once created, you will receive an email with the IP address, username, and password. Now we need a way to connect to the server.

Step 4) Download Putty and connect

I find this to be the easiest way to input the commands for the server.
Open putty and input the IP Address from the email into the Host Name field and select open.

Step 5) Input the commands to setup your server
The first droplet you create will be the most work. This is where you need to set up a working server with the following code. After it is created you will be able to copy and use it for your other 4 droplets. 

The first step is to login. Just enter the username from the email (most likely root). Then copy the password from the email and right click on the putty terminal and hit enter. Right clicking is how you paste in the putty terminal. Now you're ready to enter the following code. 
*Note that you need to change the USER.WORKERNAME to your pools user and worker name before entering it.
**Note you also need to choose a pool to use. I would suggest http://fast-pool.com which has a 0% fee and automatic payouts. However, due to the massive traffic, fast-pool is having some issues. If you want to use another pool you can just replace the information below.
You can find a list of pools here: http://dogepool.com/

Now just enter in the following code 1 line at a time:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install build-essential libcurl4-openssl-dev
wget http://sourceforge.net/projects/cpuminer/files/pooler-cpuminer-2.3.2.tar.gz
tar -xzf pooler-cpuminer-2.3.2.tar.gz
cd cpuminer-2.3.2
./configure CFLAGS="-O3"
make
apt-get install supervisor
mkdir -p /var/log/supervisor
touch /etc/supervisor/conf.d/dogecoin.conf
nano /etc/supervisor/conf.d/dogecoin.conf

[Note for the following block you can copy it all in at once. Once copied you hold Control+x, then hit 'y' and then "Enter"]

[program:dogecoin]
command=/root/cpuminer-2.3.2/minerd --url stratum+tcp://fast-pool.com:3333 --userpass USER.WORKNAME:PASSWORD
stdout_logfile=/var/log/supervisor/%(program_name)s.log
stderr_logfile=/var/log/supervisor/%(program_name)s.log
autorestart=true
/etc/init.d/supervisor stop
/etc/init.d/supervisor start
tail -f /var/log/supervisor/dogecoin.log

You should now be good to go! Your server is running!

Step 6) Create 4 more droplets to maximize your speed.
First you need to power off your first droplet and make a snapshot of it. One you have a snapshot you can create a new droplet with the image of the first droplet under Image.

Congrats! Your done! Currently I am getting around 6kh/s per droplet.

For those interested in buying cloud computing power, check out: http://pbmining.com

You get 1 GH's for .003 BTC. I have been using it since March with a steady weekly payout of btc

Hello 

I am new at this and would like to try mining. I have done everything you have said here but for some resin it is not working for me and I really do not have any idea whey. I would be willing to pay you to help me get this going. I think it would be best to show me over Skype so that I can watch you do it. if this is ok with you. You can email me at moringoinc(at)gmail(dot)com If you think you can help me. Thank You so much

Hello

When starting the server on line

The following error

Starting supervisor: Error: program section program:dogecoin does not specify a command

Log file

GNU nano 2.2.6 File: supervisord.log

2013-12-26 19:56:43,832 CRIT Supervisor running as root (no user in config file)

2013-12-26 19:56:43,885 INFO RPC interface 'supervisor' initialized

2013-12-26 19:56:43,885 WARN cElementTree not installed, using slower XML parser for XML-RPC

2013-12-26 19:56:43,885 CRIT Server 'unix_http_server' running without any HTTP authentication checking

2013-12-26 19:56:43,887 INFO daemonizing the supervisord process

2013-12-26 19:56:43,887 INFO supervisord started with pid 12783

2013-12-26 20:01:57,333 WARN received SIGTERM indicating exit request

Thank you in advance!

Hello

When starting the server on line

The following error

Starting supervisor: Error: program section program:dogecoin does not specify a command

Log file

GNU nano 2.2.6 File: supervisord.log

2013-12-26 19:56:43,832 CRIT Supervisor running as root (no user in config file)

2013-12-26 19:56:43,885 INFO RPC interface 'supervisor' initialized

2013-12-26 19:56:43,885 WARN cElementTree not installed, using slower XML parser for XML-RPC

2013-12-26 19:56:43,885 CRIT Server 'unix_http_server' running without any HTTP authentication checking

2013-12-26 19:56:43,887 INFO daemonizing the supervisord process

2013-12-26 19:56:43,887 INFO supervisord started with pid 12783

2013-12-26 20:01:57,333 WARN received SIGTERM indicating exit request

Thank you in advance!

It seems like you might of put in a line break or an extra space in the config file. Use this command to reopen dogcoin.conf:

nano /etc/supervisor/conf.d/dogecoin.conf

Try re-entering the following by copy and pasting the whole block (remember that the line beginning with "command...." ending in "...PassNotNeeded" is one whole line.

[program:dogecoin]
command=/root/cpuminer-2.3.2/minerd --url stratum+tcp://fast-pool.com:9555 --userpass XXX_WALLET_ADDRESS_HERE_XXX:PassNotNeeded
stdout_logfile=/var/log/supervisor/%(program_name)s.log
stderr_logfile=/var/log/supervisor/%(program_name)s.log
autorestart=true

Then stop and start supervisor again:

/etc/init.d/supervisor stop

Hopefully that fixes it.

I have completed all the steps.

How do I see if everything is up and running?

Thanks for helping us out!

Sincerely,

The following command will show you the activity of your miner:

tail -f /var/log/supervisor/dogecoin.log

For those interested in buying cloud computing power, check out: http://pbmining.com

You get 1 GH's for .003 BTC. I have been using it since March with a steady weekly payout of btc

Bonus tip: Free $10 coupon works at digital ocean as you put in your billing info:
Coupon: GIT10

If you would care to return this favor, sign up to digitalocean with my referral link so I can get $10 too!: https://www.digitalocean.com/?refcode=dff47386eb48

Additionally, If you use my Ref link, send me a message with your email address once you've added money to your account and I can send you a copy of my snapshot, so you don't need to worry about the code setup. Just turn it on and you're mining.

I am looking for someone help me to configure my digitalocean server.

I cannot make a copy/paste....why? Is it because I have an azerty keyboard?

Please help me ;)

You should be able to at least highlight the line of text you want copied and then right click in putty to paste it.

First of all, i cannot open te log file. 

Log file that is generated is not dogecoin.log but supervisord.log

In this log you will find the following information: 

[email protected]:/var/log/supervisor# tail -f supervisord.log

2013-12-28 17:36:06,686 INFO RPC interface 'supervisor' initialized

2013-12-28 17:36:06,686 WARN cElementTree not installed, using slower XML parser for XML-RPC

2013-12-28 17:36:06,686 CRIT Server 'unix_http_server' running without any HTTP authentication checking

2013-12-28 17:36:06,687 INFO daemonizing the supervisord process

2013-12-28 17:36:06,688 INFO supervisord started with pid 13192

2013-12-28 17:36:07,690 INFO spawnerr: can't find command '/root/cpuminer-2.3.2/minerd\xc2\xa0--url'

2013-12-28 17:36:08,692 INFO spawnerr: can't find command '/root/cpuminer-2.3.2/minerd\xc2\xa0--url'

2013-12-28 17:36:10,696 INFO spawnerr: can't find command '/root/cpuminer-2.3.2/minerd\xc2\xa0--url'

2013-12-28 17:36:13,700 INFO spawnerr: can't find command '/root/cpuminer-2.3.2/minerd\xc2\xa0--url'

2013-12-28 17:36:13,700 INFO gave up: dogecoin entered FATAL state, too many start retries too quickly

Can someone please help me with setting up? 

I followed all the steps but cannot get it to work. 

Thanks